ADVERTISEMENT

Round 9 UK Basketball Draft

Welcome to the 2024 Kentucky Serpentine (1-10 & 10-1) Basketball Draft. This draft will be 10 rounds and every single player of UK history will be allowed to be drafted except for Anthony Davis.

The Playoffs will be H2H in March Madness format 1 game only. You will have 8 hours to make a pick or you will be skipped but you can pick when you return. Dead period is from 11 PM - 7 AM

We added an 11th round - where teams will choose a "Walk-On" in UK History

Voters - the objective is to build a team you think would win in a 1 game format.

Draft Order

1. @LukaszObrzut - Jamal Mashburn, Patrick Patterson, Jamal Murray, Rajon Rondo, Scott Padgett,
Mike Phillips, John Pelphrey, Ramel Bradley, James Lee

2. @Cowtown Cat - Dan Issel, Keith Bogans, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Anthony Epps, Kevin Grevey, Nazr Mohammed, Frank Ramsey, Dwight Anderson

3. @Son_Of_Saul - John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, Jodie Meeks, Antonio Reeves, PJ Washington, Keldon Johnson,Tyler Herro, Mark Pope

4. @jrpross - Cliff Hagan, Malik Monk, Oscar Tshiebwe, Brandon Knight, Louie Dampier, Darius Miller, Nick Richards, Erik Daniels

5. @chroix - Karl Towns, Julius Randle, Reed Sheppard, Jeff Sheppard, Tyrese Maxey, Jamaal Magloire, Cliff Hawkins, Alex Groza

6. @JHannibalSmith - Ron Mercer, Kyle Macy, Rex Chapman, Melvin Turpin, Walter McCarty, Kelenna Azubuike, Kevin Knox, Dirk Minniefield

7. @Fox2monk - Tayshaun Prince, De'Aaron Fox, Bam Adebayo, Chuck Hayes, Travis Ford, Cotton Nash, Joe Crawford, Pat Riley

8. @drcats2013 - Tony Delk, Goose Givens, Sam Bowie, Shai Gil Alexander, Willie Cauley Stein, Immanuel Quickley, Eric Bledsoe, Alex Poythress

9. @RunninRichie - Derek Anderson, Tyler Ulis, Doron Lamb, Terrance Jones, Rick Robey, Devin Booker, Deandre Liggins, Marquis Teague

10. @DraftCat - Antoine Walker, Kenny Sky Walker, Wayne Turner, Nerlens Noel, Gerald Fitch. Robert Dillingham, Ed Davender, Bill Spivey
Cowtown and JHannibal got absolute steals w/ their 8th round picks...maybe the sort of pick that puts their team over the top

Cowtown and JHannibal got absolute steals w/ their 8th round picks...maybe the sort of pick that puts their team over the top
I thought so as well. I was kinda shocked that both those guys were still available that late. I had to look 4/5 times to make sure the blur was still on the board. Lol

I know, “Foxy”!
giphy.gif

Kinda reminds me of something somewhat OT. The wife has allowed me to turn our spare bedroom into my “Kentucky Room”! Actually just finished mudding, priming and painting the walls Kentucky Blue! Have so much UK stuff to put in there. Little does she know, the attached garage and the detached garage and workshop are also gonna be my “Kentucky Rooms”! Hell, maybe even the basement as well! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

EDIT: Accrued some killer Kentucky Basketball memorabilia that was left in the house we bought by the old owners. They were diehard UK fans also!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Kinda reminds me of something somewhat OT. The wife has allowed me to turn our spare bedroom into my “Kentucky Room”! Actually just finished mudding, priming and painting the walls Kentucky Blue! Have so much UK stuff to put in there. Little does she know, the attached garage and the detached garage and workshop are also gonna be my “Kentucky Rooms”! Hell, maybe even the basement as well! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

EDIT: Accrued some killer Kentucky Basketball memorabilia that was left in the house we bought by the old owners. They were diehard UK fans also!
Haha good idea. See, if you do it correctly, it’s just matching everything with the rest of the house. It’s a fashion choice.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Give me the guy who averaged 16 points per game as a junior. Three time all-SEC. A Swiss army knife on defense and offense. 6'8" combo forward who can defend all positions. A career 35% three points shooter. Shot 37% from three as a junior. An incredible rebounder for his size. Averaged 7 rebounds per game as a junior and a senior.

One of the most underrated defenders in Kentucky history. Averaged almost two blocks a game as a senior. Averaged two steals per game as a junior and a senior. He was the glue for teams during probation, and his will to win was unparalleled.

Give me Reggie Hanson.

@jrpross, OTC.

Give me the guy who averaged 16 points per game as a junior. Three time all-SEC. A Swiss army knife on defense and offense. 6'8" combo forward who can defend all positions. A career 35% three points shooter. Shot 37% from three as a junior. An incredible rebounder for his size. Averaged 7 rebounds per game as a junior and a senior.

One of the most underrated defenders in Kentucky history. Averaged almost two blocks a game as a senior. Averaged two steals per game as a junior and a senior. He was the glue for teams during probation, and his will to win was unparalleled.

Give me Reggie Hanson.

@jrpross, OTC.
Nice pick

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Give me Reggie Hanson.

@jrpross, OTC.
Ooo, good pick. Not who I was thinking. So I’ll take that guy. Sean Woods. I’ve got plenty of scoring guards but he was a pure facilitator. Averaged 5.3 assists in his Kentucky career.

@chroix you up dog

Boy you all have sure been drafting ones that I had been wondering about. Jim Andrews was just before I knew anything about UK Bball. I knew the name but had forgotten he was a 6'11" instead of a forward. Also, checking up on him saw it's old time UK BB player William Rodes birthday. Born Oct. 9, 1887....learn something new every day. Happy Birthday!

Boy you all have sure been drafting ones that I had been wondering about. Jim Andrews was just before I knew anything about UK Bball. I knew the name but had forgotten he was a 6'11" instead of a forward. Also, checking up on him saw it's old time UK BB player William Rodes birthday. Born Oct. 9, 1887....learn something new every day. Happy Birthday!
This. I’ve been learning a lot about past UK players. It’s been great.

Reactions: jrpross
He was before my time, too. But, my dad was a fan & always mentioned him when talking about great players from the past. And, I’ve seen 5-6 of his games on film & he looked legit to me. He was a good shooter in the mid-range, too.

He was 6-11, but, played the 4 & 5. He played the 4 in 71 as one half of UK’s original twin towers. Don’t want to name the guy he played with bc he’s still on the board & could be drafted. Although, I seriously doubt he will be for obvious reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT