ADVERTISEMENT

Rothstein Podcast - Picks UK 9th in SEC

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...kentucky-no-9-in-sec-preseason-power-ranking/

On his podcast Jon Rothstein picked UK to finish 9th in the SEC this season. He said in part "“People automatically think that just because a team wears Kentucky across its chest, it’s going to be really, really good. I want to remind people this: there are major, major jumps at hand for many of Kentucky’s players who have transferred to Lexington.”

I know it is just a preseason prediction, and it is hard to know how good anybody will be, but this seems crazy to me. If we finish 9th in the SEC this year, I will wear a Louisville shirt for a week in public.
Well I guess any idiot can have a podcast but that doesn't make him smart or even know what he is talking about.

I'm in a wait and see mode with this team, that being said I think it's better than 9th in the SEC. We'll see. I think we have a top 20 team this year.

I do not think we'll win the conference, but I think we'll definitely finish higher than 9th in the conference.
If we were 9th, I will find it to be a very disappointing season.

I don't think we will be ninth and that would be disappointing but acceptable as long as we make the NCAA tournament. If we don't make the tournament then Pope needs to be fired. Calipari was unacceptable so that performance from Pope should be unacceptable. We are the University of Kentucky and there is a standard. Calipari failed to perform at that standard so anything less than that is completely unacceptable.
What in bloody hell are you talking about. So POPE after ONE SEASON should be fired if not in the NCAA tourney (that won't happen) BECAUSE everyone wanted Cal fired after losing first round AFTER his 15th season. Go on your merry way.

What in bloody hell are you talking about. So POPE after ONE SEASON should be fired if not in the NCAA tourney (that won't happen) BECAUSE everyone wanted Cal fired after losing first round AFTER his 15th season. Go on your merry way.
I feel one season of not making the tournament, regardless of the circumstances, is unacceptable and beneath the University of Kentucky standard. How many years of missing the NCAA tournament do you feel is acceptable at UK?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT