ADVERTISEMENT

Roman Empire?

BlueEmpire

Senior
Mar 26, 2009
Rick was right when he called Kentucky the Roman Empire of college basketball. If that is the case, then the coach is equivalent to Caesar. If the coach is equivalent to the Caesar, then it logically proceeds that the fans are like the Praetorian Guard, or the royal guard, who were the true kingmakers, or king “killers”. This was both metaphorically and literally true. When the Caesars were stepping out of line continuously, the Praetorians stood on business for what was good for Rome.

Just my .02 on an old illustration from Rick.

Rick was so impressed by Kentucky's Roman Empire he ran off to Boston and was never the same. Also, if the fans were really as powerful as some fans think they are, Cal would have been gone as soon as they took a knee during the anthem.

• Haha
Reactions: DMB#34
Rick was so impressed by Kentucky's Roman Empire he ran off to Boston and was never the same. Also, if the fans were really as powerful as some fans think they are, Cal would have been gone as soon as they took a knee during the anthem.
Rick left us for $50 million and the Roman Empire of the NBA. His actions are consistent. He failed in one succeeded in the other.

It's on fire. Out of control. Emperor Calipari crossed the rubicon and took control a long time ago.

Rick was right when he called Kentucky the Roman Empire of college basketball. If that is the case, then the coach is equivalent to Caesar. If the coach is equivalent to the Caesar, then it logically proceeds that the fans are like the Praetorian Guard, or the royal guard, who were the true kingmakers, or king “killers”. This was both metaphorically and literally true. When the Caesars were stepping out of line continuously, the Praetorians stood on business for what was good for Rome.

Just my .02 on an old illustration from Rick.
An apt analogy, in my view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT