ADVERTISEMENT

Roll call for UGA?

Checked Stubhub earlier. Was surprised at the amount of affordable good tickets. Maybe this isn’t a big game for UGA. Wife wants to go but watching at home sounds better to me.

Naw, you’re not too much of a fan. Probably not hardly enough and then some, assuming you can afford the game but are passing because of being afraid of losing. I’m passing because I can’t afford it, but I’m not afraid of losing. Win or lose, they definitely deserve the support of the ones that can give it. I’ll support from my home, because I can’t otherwise. I’m thankful for the ones that can attend, regardless of expectations. Which category are you?
I can afford to go, i just like to attend games they could win. I'd feel the same way if UK was playing at Ohio State or Alabama. Not dragging me into dropping a couple grand to watch a slaughter. Theres better games to attend than this one.

There are still tickets available online but they aren't cheap. Still some good seats in lower level sections. Just found a pair in section 107 for $170 a piece.

Maybe @Louis_Skunt will go half with you................
LOL....id rather have double hernia surgery than go this weekends game, but thanks for thinking of me :)

I can afford to go, i just like to attend games they could win. I'd feel the same way if UK was playing at Ohio State or Alabama. Not dragging me into dropping a couple grand to watch a slaughter. Theres better games to attend than this one.
You must go in style when you follow the Cats on the road. We don’t spend half that much money when we travel to watch UK football play on the road. Will be in Athens Saturday and can’t wait.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
You must go in style when you follow the Cats on the road. We don’t spend half that much money when we travel to watch UK football play on the road. Will be in Athens Saturday and can’t wait.
3 days in a hotel, booze, food, trinkets, tickets, parking, gas.....its always more than you think.

Anyone really interested in going to the game this weekend- Go for the experience, sights, food. Dont let the outcome effect your loooooong drive back.

Drive 6 hours, pay for a hotel, food and tickets......just to watch UK lose? Forget it.

Go to a game where we got a chance. 23 point underdogs, Vegas wasn't built for being wrong.

We'll win again on Saturday, but not this Saturday.
Probably for the best that you aren't going. I feel like your style of noisemaker is a limp noodle.

Good LORD. Some of our fans are ridiculous.

If you don't think we have a chance, say it once and let it be. People are going. They're going to have fun. They're going to cheer like crazy. No need to shat on their parade and continually put your crap energy into the thread.

Should've made your board name "Skunk," cuz your attitude stinks.

I've had three hernia surgeries! You are a l!@r!
Double inguinal repair will put you on your ass for a month. Nobody traveling down to Georgia this weekend should try to lift a 12" thick windfall off a road.

Hernia crew: trying to horse shit around that aught not be horsed around since time immemorial.

Any local spots my 16 yr old son and I should visit near the stadium
Recent UGA grad here. Main portion of campus is set up like a bowl, with downtown on the north end, Myers quad on the south end, and the stadium smack dab in the middle, about 0.5 miles from each of those landmarks. Expect to walk up a couple long hills.

Go try to check out the college gameday setup between 9-12 on Myers Quad (quarter mile south of stadium) if you get there early enough. It will be bonkers there, so may be tough to get super close but is still cool to see the whole operation. Believe SEC nation will be setup about 1/8th of a mile north of the stadium during the same time period.

Downtown is on the opposite side of the bowl. If you’re starting there, there are plenty of good restaurants options—Clocked (burgers) and Mellow Mushroom (pizza) are classics, may be a bit of a wait at both though. Could place name and then mozy around while waiting for table. Also a chik fil a right there if you want something quick. There are many other options as well. Then you can walk through historic “North Campus”, starting at the famous “arch” and walking downhill until you hit the stadium.

If you want to dine close to the stadium, Bolton Dining Hall is one of the school’s 5 dining halls. About 200 yards west of the stadium. Got renovated in 2014, palatial, all-you-can-eat. Believe meal tickets range from $10-15, but you can get your money’s worth. Don’t have to be a student to dine there, just need to pay for admission. Desserts, salad bar, and usually some kind of BBQ or other gameday fare on 1st floor. Top floor has breakfast all-day (omelets, pancakes/waffles made to order, sides, etc.), Chinese food, Italian (pasta made to order), and sandwich station. Wings and taco bar. Coke Freestyle Machines for drinks. If you follow those lines all the way to the back, you’ll find my favorite on game days—the grill. They make a pretty mean patty melt. Also have hand spun milkshakes around the corner from the grill. Son probably won’t mind looking at all the college co-eds there either.

Though not a Kentucky-centric event, the “Dawg Walk” is always entertaining, even for non-Dawgs. Big elaborate procession where the team walks through to the stadium dressed to the 9’s, flanked by cheerleaders, the band blasting battle songs, and thousands of fans packed in like sardines. Good vantage point for you will be on the bridge that runs perpendicular to the stadium, right near the giant scoreboard—check a map to see what I’m talking about. Usually happens about 2 hours before kickoff, but gets crowded really quickly so may want to get there 10-15 minutes or so prior to that to get a decent view. Other than that, there’s a bookstore which is nice but just a ton of UGA apparel. Can also chill out in the Tate Student Center, there’s a couple places to eat there and also couches/chairs to relax.

Florida game was won due to the home crowd.

If you think UK has a chance of winning, you're in for a very disappointing weekend. This is Georgias best team since the 80's....much better than the one who clobbered our great Cats in Lexington a few years ago. People forgot we almost lost to Chattanooga a few weeks ago, UGA wouldve beat them by 60.
beat team since the 80’s? uga in ‘12 and ‘18 would beat this team. offensively it’s not even close. tell us how college football is having an up year and how good the top teams are though.

I realize folks might not want to give away their secrets, but any thoughts on where to park on gameday?

beat team since the 80’s? uga in ‘12 and ‘18 would beat this team. offensively it’s not even close. tell us how college football is having an up year and how good the top teams are though.
Just make sure you watch the whole game. You'll be grounded by tomorrow.

Probably for the best that you aren't going. I feel like your style of noisemaker is a limp noodle.

Good LORD. Some of our fans are ridiculous.

If you don't think we have a chance, say it once and let it be. People are going. They're going to have fun. They're going to cheer like crazy. No need to shat on their parade and continually put your crap energy into the thread.

Should've made your board name "Skunk," cuz your attitude stinks.
I just tell it like it is with no fandom behind it. I love UK but a loss was inevitable, and theres nothing wrong with predicting one. #1 team in Athens with College Gameday there? Come on..

Just make sure you watch the whole game. You'll be grounded by tomorrow.

.yeah not grounded at all. scored more on them than anyone else. beat the spread easily and they needed help from the refs. 2nd place wrapped up.

.yeah not grounded at all. scored more on them than anyone else. beat the spread easily and they needed help from the refs. 2nd place wrapped up.
Eww....youre angry, im happy i didnt attend the beating. Beating the spread isn't a goal in my book, but if it eases the pain for you, good. LOL @ help from the refs....even against the best team in the country fans still blame refs. Glad you went.

Eww....youre angry, im happy i didnt attend the beating. Beating the spread isn't a goal in my book, but if it eases the pain for you, good. LOL @ help from the refs....even against the best team in the country fans still blame refs. Glad you went.
no quite pleased. was a good time actually. sorry i can’t help you with this pathological reach. like i said, 2nd place wrapped up.

• Haha
Reactions: Louis_Skunt
I talked to La’Rod King in the bathroom line at halftime. He told someone “yall nervous yet” and he looked like 20 to me so I jokingly said “bro you were probably in elementary school last time yall beat us”. He says “I was on the team.” Cool guy - I remembered him as a good WR and knew he was tall but man he was at least 6-4.

Reactions: THE_OAK
I talked to La’Rod King in the bathroom line at halftime. He told someone “yall nervous yet” and he looked like 20 to me so I jokingly said “bro you were probably in elementary school last time yall beat us”. He says “I was on the team.” Cool guy - I remembered him as a good WR and knew he was tall but man he was at least 6-4.
He should have kicked your ass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT