ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v Wade

i-am-pro-choice-which-means-l-am-pro-abortion-pro-adoption-pro-parenthood-49732360.png

Just shows once again the hypocrisy of conservatives.
How so?

Does freaking out like it’s the end of the world when pretty much nothing changes also demonstrate hypocrisy and outright stupidity?

The Supreme Court got it 100% correct. Abortion is simply not a constitutional right and should be with the states. Saying otherwise can only be backed up by illogical emotion.

Instead of being able to fall back on Roe, Democrats are now going to have to come to the table with something if they want a federal law.

My guess is a bi-partisan federal law would look like 15-20 weeks with very few exceptions.

Will they do it? Their radicals probably want no restrictions so I have a hard time seeing them compromise. They can't afford to lose those votes. And...they are able fund raise bigly off it not being a law.

And liberals. They won't even define what a woman is but suddenly men should shut up about this topic.

Also when the illegal vaccine mandate was put into effect last year these same people didn't believe n my body my choice.
This. This. This.

How can Dems talk about rights of a woman when they don’t even know what one is?

Instead of being able to fall back on Roe, Democrats are now going to have to come to the table with something if they want a federal law.

My guess is a bi-partisan federal law would look like 15-20 weeks with very few exceptions.

Will they do it? Their radicals probably want no restrictions so I have a hard time seeing them compromise. They can't afford to lose those votes. And...they are able fund raise bigly off it not being a law.
That's essentially what the Mississippi law was (I think 17 weeks), which I agree would have been a good compromise, but I think federal legislation at this point is off the table, as the SCOTUS has spoken.

Reactions: WildcatFan1982
I just know that penumbras and emanations can lick my taint. That entire line of cases was nothing more than 1970s liberals acting like the Supreme Court was a superlegislature.

I personally think abortion is murder, practically think that Kentucky's current abortion law (as of two days ago) is dumb and there should be a reasonable time for a woman to make a decision to end a pregnancy if she chooses, and we ought to be using technology and access to birth control to be making this issue a thing of the past.

Bill Clinton had it right with safe, legal, and rare. Idiots getting histrionic on social media need a job.

I'm also totally fine with women having to drive to Bloomington to get an abortion, tbh. It should not be easy to end a life out of convenience, which is 99.9999999999999% of abortions.

That rape and incest crap is such an outlier that it is a red herring. And I spend way too much of my life litigating child abuse and neglect cases so I've got some insight into this.

Ed is a troll.

Last edited:
That's essentially what the Mississippi law was (I think 17 weeks), which I agree would have been a good compromise, but I think federal legislation at this point is off the table, as the SCOTUS has spoken.
That's what John Roberts wrote in the concurring opinion more or less. There was no need to overturn Roe, simply affirm the Mississippi law as written

Before this gets moved over to the political thread I’d like to point out 99% of you will NOT be involved or will have a close friend/family member involved in an abortion in anyway whatsoever anytime in the near future.

For now because there was no federal law previously.

Regardless, they wouldn't do it because they need their crazies going crazy.

Before this gets moved over to the political thread I’d like to point out 99% of you will NOT be involved or will have a close friend/family member involved in an abortion in anyway whatsoever anytime in the near future.
Batshit crazy girl I "dated" before my wife... We finished round 1, she asked me what I thought about abortion. I gave a "not my cup of tea, but difficult decision " answer. She then told me how she had one a year or so earlier.

I immediately started worrying about her birth control method.

Anecdote aside - I agree with you.

• Haha
Reactions: Ron Mehico
How can Clarence and the drunk tell a woman what to do with their body when they are not one. And word from big Clarence on interracial marriage?
What’s a woman? Maybe they identify as a woman too. And than what?

Also, the Supreme Court isn’t telling anyone what to do. That’s the entire point. They are letting each individual state decide. You know, like the Constitution, the document our country was founded on, to decide.

TKO.

Maybe the OP could put political in the the thread title? I mean, it’s obviously going to be political and it deserves its own thread IMO.

Ukraine/Russia has its own pinned thread and this is happening right here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT