ADVERTISEMENT

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame class of 2017 nominees.

Pearl Jam is a given. Because of my youth I would love to see Tupac make it since he is my favorite artist of all time. That being said, I don't think rappers should be in the rock and roll hof. They should have a hip hop hof built in a state like Montana where there is absolutely nothing there worth going to see

They should have a hip hop hof built in a state like Montana where there is absolutely nothing there worth going to see
images
montana-scenery-wallpaper-wallpaper-1.jpg
tumblr_mequl6JGMo1qbvx8lo1_500.jpg

A group or artist should have a bunch of hits in order to be in the RRHOF. Several of the nominees have just two or maybe three such songs. Others don't qualify as rock and roll. Its like they have run out of decent acts induct and its only going to get worse.

Pearl Jam, ELO, The Cars, Journey and Yes belong. The rest, Meh.

Pearl Jam had been doing it just as long if not longer than the peppers they should of been in before them

Pearl Jam had been doing it just as long if not longer than the peppers they should of been in before them

The Red Hot Chili Peppers first real hit was 1989's remake of Higher Ground from Mother's Milk although they had made three albums before that. Pearl Jam's 10 was their first album which dropped in 1991. So the Peppers pre-date Pearl Jam.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
The Red Hot Chili Peppers first real hit was 1989's remake of Higher Ground from Mother's Milk although they had made three albums before that. Pearl Jam's 10 was their first album which dropped in 1991. So the Peppers pre-date Pearl Jam.
It's close different strokes for different folks I guess. I like the peppers but I love Pearl Jam

It will take another few years but dave grohl will be in twice as I think the foo fighters have earned it. Had cobain not killed him self it's crazy to think what nirvana would have become or if they would of still been together

Reactions: DSmith21
RRHOF has become a joke. So many artists that cannot be thought of as 'rock 'n roll' except in the broadest, 'let's let everyone play and get a trophy' kind of way. Not denigrating their music, necessarily, but it just isn't rock 'n roll. Having said all that, I would put The Cars and Journey in for sure (never a Journey fan but, damn, they had a bunch of hits). Pearl Jam, I guess, but, personally, none of the Seattle Sound bands ever did anything for me. Again, not saying some of them aren't good bands, just never liked their music all that much. ELO, Yes - I don't think so. I mean, they weren't really a HUGE act when they were in their prime, were they? Both had some hits and had some really good musicianship but I don't recall either band ever being THE show to see when touring or one of their albums being THE one you had to buy. Sort of like the MLB player who gets 2,500 hits, hits 250 HRs, bats .275, etc. for his career but is never considered the best at his position at any time during his playing days. A fine career but not a HOF'er. JMHO, of course.

This site give the years that each performer will become eligible for the Hall.

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/future_eligibles.php
A lot of 1 hit wonders in that group and some that should not even belong on the page. It would be cool to see sublime and rage make it in. As the above mentioned post, the hof has become a joke as it seems if you had one hit in 25 years you are considered. 4nnon blondes? Ace of base? Kriss kross lol. Of course billy ray Cyrus for some reason is on there and not on the country music hof

This conversation begins and ends with YES. From their first album in 1969 to Fragile in 1971 to 90125 in 1983(which had 4 top 10 singles and the #1 song) they have had multiple top 10 albums. They are the definition of progressive music.

That being said, there aren't any progressive music bands in the RRHOF. (Jethro Tull should be in also)

Reactions: WettCat
Rick Wakeman On Yes' Rock Hall Nomination
"It seems that anything to do with prog rock was considered a dirty word by them, and it's almost like an era of music, despite the fact it's proven to be the most inventive and the most influential music to musicians that there's ever been in the history of rock 'n' roll, and yet it's ignored. I'm not sure whether I'd turn up. I'm so disgusted with the way that prog rock and Yes have been treated I might be busy. I might be washing my hair that night."

And to look at him recently, he probably should wash his hair.

Reactions: Nuke99m
Bad Brains
ELO
Kraftwork
MC5
Pearl Jam
Tu Pac
The Cars
Janet Jackson

Maybe (still need more time)
Journey
Jane's Addiction

The zombies just dont seem influential enough yet. Dont get me wrong, indication is an amazing song, but not sure.

Its not just the flavor of the music, but if I were a voter, it would be the influence the band held not only as their own right as musicians, but as a cultural phenoms.

Bad Brains, holy crap, all black hard core band pushing the envelople.
Jeff Lyne, actually shocked this is up for debate.
Kraftwork - obviously their effect on music as a whole. Maybe one of the most influential bands on the list.
MC5- I get they probably wont make it, but one of the first steps towards punk and the motor city revolution
Pearl Jam- Not my favorite, but their cultural significance cant be argued.
Tu-Pac may be the greatest hip hop artist ever
The Cars, with the synth, the pop, Ocasek's producing
Janet Jackson- Rhythm Nation one of the most underrated R&B/Pop albums ever

Kraftwerk, serious question--why? What influence? Just surprised to see that on a couple of different posters' comments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT