ADVERTISEMENT

RJ HAMPTON

There are rarely solid sources in recruiting unless your in the player's inner circle. If you research twitter and follow all the gurus it's pretty much same stuff. I have a couple great friends,, one is a scout for Oklahoma City and the other a former NBA assistant and head coach overseas. As we've seen many coaches don't even know until the player chooses. Some call other coaches and say "thank you for your interest and time, but I'm going to play at wherever". Every kid is different, I can see a kid telling his H.S. coach, trainer or friend "I really love Ky and I truly want to go there". But for some reason, such as his parents, a stacked roster and will I get minutes , or maybe $ he commits elsewhere. Having said that, I do believe certain details do leak out and it gets to a few select people and boom we see it come to fruition. I for the most part don't take predictions real serious, but I will say Rupp's Runt was damn confident. I'm sure he woulda caught a ton of shit if he was wrong.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
Families are friends, both from texas...when they played each other an article was written or something. Slam magazine or ballislife.
Find it funny how any info has to be owned and that cliques are exist. Now it's not even info but ego and pissing contests. Funny there is groups within groups now with people wanting in...sad state for BBN imo
Yes, they have been friends since kindergarten. Have no clue what the rest of your post was trying to say.

Btw
Chuck Norris> Bruce Lee

Norris has successfully kicked death's ass for 80 years so that's pretty much > Bruce Lee = confirmed
I believe chuck Norris himself said he was no match for Bruce Lee's speed and technique.
If only Bruce Lee's pops had dealt with the family curse....
But yeah chuck is still great in his own right.
@Sejonesy the rest wasn't meant for ya

I believe chuck Norris himself said he was no match for Bruce Lee's speed and technique.
If only Bruce Lee's pops had dealt with the family curse....
But yeah chuck is still great in his own right.
@Sejonesy the rest wasn't meant for ya

Bruce Lee would have absolutely destroyed Chuck Norris. not even close. lol. just watch old youtube videos of bruce lee and look at how fast he was. dude would have killed norris easily without even really trying

There are rarely solid sources in recruiting unless your in the player's inner circle. If you research twitter and follow all the gurus it's pretty much same stuff. I have a couple great friends,, one is a scout for Oklahoma City and the other a former NBA assistant and head coach overseas. As we've seen many coaches don't even know until the player chooses. Some call other coaches and say "thank you for your interest and time, but I'm going to play at wherever". Every kid is different, I can see a kid telling his H.S. coach, trainer or friend "I really love Ky and I truly want to go there". But for some reason, such as his parents, a stacked roster and will I get minutes , or maybe $ he commits elsewhere. Having said that, I do believe certain details do leak out and it gets to a few select people and boom we see it come to fruition. I for the most part don't take predictions real serious, but I will say Rupp's Runt was damn confident. I'm sure he woulda caught a ton of shit if he was wrong.

Related story, during the time between BCG leaving and Cal being hired, I was riding around in the car with a former Kentucky player. He had people calling him telling him Billy D. was the next coach. I had to tell him who John Wall was.

Just saying, even people you think will be connected aren’t necessarily in the inner circle, and they chase rumors like the rest of us.

That being said, there are a few people around here who tend to know their stuff. And there are always random people who know bits and pieces of specific recruitments. Wenyen’s PG is still top 5 in RR’s history.

If UK lands Hampton on top of what else they'll have next season, expect more of this in the immediate future...

257078-kentucky-wildcats-celebrate-defeating-kansas-jayhawks-to-win-mens-ncaa.jpg
Yeah. Just ask Duke.

Reactions: Double Oaked Juice
That being said, there are a few people around here who tend to know their stuff. And there are always random people who know bits and pieces of specific recruitments. Wenyen’s PG is still top 5 in RR’s history.
Now that was a crazy time.

Reactions: Aike
I miss @CoachX11 . He was the Forrest Gump of message board posters. He grew up on the same street as Pat Riley; attended New Age meditation meetings with Phil Jackson; caddied for Red Auerback as a boy; was a featured clinic speaker alongside Larry Brown, Greg Popovich and Steve Kerr; and personally had connections to every elite recruitment from coast to coast.

We haven't been the same since we lost him. No one else could tell us what we already knew with such grace and eloquence.

I miss @CoachX11 . He was the Forrest Gump of message board posters. He grew up on the same street as Pat Riley; attended New Age meditation meetings with Phil Jackson; caddied for Red Auerback as a boy; was a featured clinic speaker alongside Larry Brown, Greg Popovich and Steve Kerr; and personally had connections to every elite recruitment from coast to coast.

We haven't been the same since we lost him. No one else could tell us what we already knew with such grace and eloquence.

Yes, his presence is very much missed!

So why would anyone want to change UN’s, after they have established a rapport with their current one? o_O

In this guy's situation I bet he was banned because if he started over because he was tired of being questioned... he wouldnt be referring to his old info he gave.

But........ I put money on him always being a troll... both before and now.

Related story, during the time between BCG leaving and Cal being hired, I was riding around in the car with a former Kentucky player. He had people calling him telling him Billy D. was the next coach. I had to tell him who John Wall was.

Just saying, even people you think will be connected aren’t necessarily in the inner circle, and they chase rumors like the rest of us.

Exactly!!!! You nailed it Aike!!!! And for the most part I just sit back and enjoy the board for what it is!! We have good posters and attention posters!!! It's usually easy to see who's full of it!!! Like you said sometimes it's the random guy that gets the scoop!!! If u see my avatar, I'm pretty good friends with Kenny Walker, (who is really a great cook btw) and even he don't get a lot of scoop on recruiting!!!
I love hearing him talk about his visit to U.K. And how we laid out the red carpet! He fell in love with the state, the fans etc and that's why he's still here!!! Oh and the first time he went against Bird and the Celtics!!!! Larry pretty much said "I'm gettin 50 on you rookie"!!!! Of course Kenny is a classy guy and says "well I did pretty good cause he only got 42"!!!!!!

fake news man.,,,,,,LOVE to have him, but this is a PLAY job by Penny and his camp. do not fall for it. Or the OP with 10 posts

Reactions: DanHalen88
So people are saying we are too crowded for Hampton with our 3 guards, 4 if you count Juzang, but he is really more of a wing like KJ. Meanwhile, I keep hearing a lot of people saying he's going to Memphis. Well, they have added 2 guards this week and are also supposed to be leading for Boogie Elis. I mean if they land Boogie they are as crowded as us or more. And I don't think anyone wants to go to KU LOL. I'm starting to think we may have a chance with RJ, how serious is he about wanting a title because it isn't happening with the other 3 schools next year.

Ahhhhh... Now I see.

@FrankUnderwood , is this coach? I’ve watched your troll hunting expose several posters in the past and can’t say that I’ve seen you wrong. I need your input. :joy:
:joy::joy:

UPDATE: —-cracks open next beer—-
giphy.gif
Unless he can see their IP then Frank has no clue, and he can’t see their IP. Sooooo..

So people are saying we are too crowded for Hampton with our 3 guards, 4 if you count Juzang, but he is really more of a wing like KJ. Meanwhile, I keep hearing a lot of people saying he's going to Memphis. Well, they have added 2 guards this week and are also supposed to be leading for Boogie Elis. I mean if they land Boogie they are as crowded as us or more. And I don't think anyone wants to go to KU LOL. I'm starting to think we may have a chance with RJ, how serious is he about wanting a title because it isn't happening with the other 3 schools next year.

Commit to Kentucky Mr. Hampton.

Last edited:
That being said, there are a few people around here who tend to know their stuff. And there are always random people who know bits and pieces of specific recruitments.
Aike, I like that post...and think most of us know it's true.

Here's the thing: since no one knows for certain until a Kid announces, I love ALL of the "insider" posts...even the garbage ones.

Recruiting is "FANTASY FUN" (hoping and wishing and debating and projecting). So for me, it's all good!

Reactions: Aike

Haven’t been around in a while and evidently my name is being thrown around as a joke.

Well, jokes on you all. I actually take the Forrest Gump comparasion as a compliment haha.

Hope all is well for everyone.

Haven’t been around in a while and evidently my name is being thrown around as a joke.

Well, jokes on you all. I actually take the Forrest Gump comparasion as a compliment haha.

Hope all is well for everyone.

Hey brother! Any inside news or tidbits you can let us in on??? Inside information about McDaniels ? Hampton? I know you have legit sources! :) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Hey brother! Any inside news or tidbits you can let us in on??? Inside information about McDaniels ? Hampton? I know you have legit sources! :) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Welcome back coach! Any new inside info? Everyone should know you’re the only true insider here

If you’re being serious I can check around this upcoming week with things.

If you’re being facetious then I don’t know what to tell you. I am who I am.

I can’t read sarcasm through a keyboard BTW.

When it comes to recruiting info coach, it’s no joking matter, especially if you’re in the know.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
When it comes to recruiting info coach, it’s no joking matter, especially if you’re in the know.

Very much this. At least just keep us in the loop (if you’re able to.) The scoops and news we’ve been privy to lately here on the board pales in comparison to the tidbits and sCoOpS we got before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wall2Boogie

Coach, do you think we get Hampton? What are you hearing from your sources. I know you are around a lot of the elites. It’s good having you back, I speak for most of us by saying you were missed and your info always being spot on.

Coach, do you think we get Hampton? What are you hearing from your sources. I know you are around a lot of the elites. It’s good having you back, I speak for most of us by saying you were missed and your info always being spot on.
I’m not a coach (sports related anyway), but I know I’d be a h3ll of a good one. UK gets RJ, he never considered a Plan B.

Why did t they block this idiot

Hey! If coach has finally returned under his *actual* username we should accept him with open arms. We haven’t heard from him in awhile but I’m willing to bet he’s got a ton of iNsiDe iNfoRmAtIoN and recruiting info.
Like @Wall2Boogie said , he runs elbows with the elites SO I’d like to be privy to the information he can provide !! :sunglasses:

I’m a bit confused. I don’t visit this board often, but have had good experiences posting mostly here as a form of respect for this fan base.

I just happened to be very connected to a few people who had good connections with some of your former recruits. I’m nothing special.

Are you suggesting I’ve posted under different names or just saying I’m full of B.S.?

I assure you I don’t play either game. However if that’s the overwhelming feeling, I will not waste anyone’s time.

This however is the off-season and I will connect with a lot of people this summer at a variety of events.

Take care.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT