ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond commits to Kentucky

Are we on the board for any top 3 players? Legit contenders?
Quaintance and hopefully Edgecombe are your transcendent talents for next year's team.

But remember, Sheppard was barely ranked in the top 50 in 247's composite and Dillingham just inside the top 20. And they're our best freshmen this year. The new coaching staff dynamic might be changing things as far as "Cal needs top 5 talent". Edwards and Wagner aren't currently carrying this team.

Edgecomb is the highest rated recruit we are after he’s like 6 or something. I definitely trust this staff and their eye for guys in the 20’s of which we have a couple and then Perry who is an amazing shooter. We all know Somto is a strong athletic big and he’s like 50 but with a world of upside.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

I am a little concerned that some of our recruits might be more of the multi-year type of players.. but at the same time, when you're only asking "How many top3 recruits did we get".. there's only a total of 3 that we're including lol. If your criteria is top3, that's going to be pretty hard for any coach to pull off, even Cal. Not a whole lot of wiggle room to work with. What if we signed zero top3 recruits, but were to land the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th recruits? Is that an abject failure to you?

Also FWIW.. We only have one top3 recruit this year (RSCI).. and it's Justin Edwards. Dilly is 16 and Reed is 33.

I am a little concerned that some of our recruits might be more of the multi-year type of players.. but at the same time, when you're only asking "How many top3 recruits did we get".. there's only a total of 3 that we're including lol. If your criteria is top3, that's going to be pretty hard for any coach to pull off, even Cal. Not a whole lot of wiggle room to work with. What if we signed zero top3 recruits, but were to land the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th recruits? Is that an abject failure to you?

Also FWIW.. We only have one top3 recruit this year (RSCI).. and it's Justin Edwards. Dilly is 16 and Reed is 33.
Lot of kids in the top 50 who turn out to be better than higher ranked peers. It’s a toss up in the top 25. Very few classes have 10 players who are head and shoulders better than all others. Usually you find maybe a handful that you know will be top tier and as Edwards shows, sometimes they don’t dominate right away. Some kids like SGA develop later and end up being the best of the class, Reed is an example this year. We wouldn’t trade him for anyone honestly.

Quaintance and hopefully Edgecombe are your transcendent talents for next year's team.

But remember, Sheppard was barely ranked in the top 50 in 247's composite and Dillingham just inside the top 20. And they're our best freshmen this year. The new coaching staff dynamic might be changing things as far as "Cal needs top 5 talent". Edwards and Wagner aren't currently carrying this team.
Dillingham was a 5 star and ranked in the top 10 for a LONGGG time. When he commited to UK he dropped to a 4 star IIRC.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Dillingham was a 5 star and ranked in the top 10 for a LONGGG time. When he commited to UK he dropped to a 4 star IIRC.
Dillingham was still top 16 on every site last I checked. I think ESPN even had him higher. He was like 9-10 at one point, definitely deserved it. Every site had him as a five star around 15 but On3 inexplicably dropped him to 26, Reed was 27 on there. Crazy and they put Bronny James at 11, get outta here. Also had all Duke commits in higher in his old spot. Rivals had it right, he was 7th, but somehow dropped him 8 spots the last ranking.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Add Edgecombe and bring back Sheppard and we have a top 5 team.
Sheppard wont have any need to come back but I do think he gives us 2 years ESPECIALLY if we were to either win a title or get close to one. Just a total gut feeling. Not like he needs money as just from NIL in this state he could become a millionaire honestly. He is literal royalty Kentucky style.

uhhhh look at the players they are getting ......... nike is gift wrapping them all the players still. We are now getting the right players because of Antigua and Chin... also having Welch on the staff is having players wanting to come play for a legendary development guy.

well if he was decent at shooting, he would have a lot more jumpers in his highlight vids.... The good news is that if we geet Reed to come back and sign the player we are still trying to get, Richmond will be a 6th or 7th man and anything we get from him will be gravy. well 8th man if we get big Z to come back and play.
They’re definitely still getting recruits but not on the level they used to.

Since the loaded Zion class, they’ve only had 2 years since where they’ve had a top 5 recruit.

I hope Richmond sticks around for more than one season. It sounds like he needs time to work on his shot.

I really hope he is not another in a long line of athletic 6’6/6’7 wings that can’t shoot and bolt after one season.

Matthews
Whitney
Fletcher
Hopkins
Livingston

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT