ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond commits to Kentucky

Great news!

Per the article, Somto Cyril is a 4 star prospect ranked #51 in the class?? That seemed a bit odd to me, but I have no idea.

Richmond can’t shoot at all so definitely need a couple of perimeter shooter/scorers if Cal is going to embrace the direction of the game and focus on shooting/scoring.
Why did Cal recruit him if he can't shoot? All Cal has talked about recently is the need to recruit kids that can stretch the floor. Is Richmond just expected to provide depth?

Why did Cal recruit him if he can't shoot? All Cal has talked about recently is the need to recruit kids that can stretch the floor. Is Richmond just expected to provide depth?
Definitely feels like a traditional Cal recruit. Great motor and athletic. His recent recruiting profile said he shot 25 percent from 3 and has deficiency in his shooting mechanics that will need to be addressed.

The difference being that those programs DEVELOP guys who come back rather than just recruiting over them. Maybe with Welch and staff that will change, but it's not how Cal has done things. It's usually one or the other.
Two words: NICK RICHARDS.

Please come up with a better way to troll. There's a reason why NBA teams love to pick Kentucky players. It's not just talent. Get out of here with your constant negativity on what is supposed to be a positive thread for the CATS.

Two words: NICK RICHARDS.

Please come up with a better way to troll. There's a reason why NBA teams love to pick Kentucky players. It's not just talent. Get out of here with your constant negativity on what is supposed to be a positive thread for the CATS.
I don't "troll", I only state my opinion. Am I negative sometimes? Absolutely, but I'm also a realist. We've known for years that the best recruits came here to get immediate playing time and then bolt for the draft. Why you're (seemingly) disputing that is weird. There is the occasional top recruit who chooses to stay rather than risk it in the draft, but that is nowhere near the norm. Try not to be so sensitive.

EDIT: I do not have the best memory, so rather than personally attacking me how about just mentioning Nick? Have a good day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT