ADVERTISEMENT

Request for Prayers and Support

Wishing the best for you and your family. Thanks for all you do for us UK fans.

Dementia is awful. I lost a grandmother and uncle to Alzheimer's and our family almost felt relieved when they passed because of how painful it was to watch.

Prayers.

We just lost my grandmother after a decade long battle with dimentia. The last few years were very rough on my family. My mother and aunt would alternate stints caring for her and it was still very difficult on them both. Bless you and your family.

Dementia is awful. I lost a grandmother and uncle to Alzheimer's and our family almost felt relieved when they passed because of how painful it was to watch.
Dementia in his family went through his dad, mom and sister. Next to cancer I wouldn't wish this disease of anyone not even my worst enemy. Was terrible watching my uncle and his father go through all of the stages...right now like his dad very mean and constantly asking "when are we going home?" We've had to padlock doors so he can't walk outside. His sister was extremely religious never uttered a cuss word in her life. When she got Dementia you would of thought she was a a complete b.

It all effects people differently it seems. It's such an fascinating yet cruel disease. My aunt is stead fast on keeping him home until there's no other option where we can't do it.

Reactions: Fox2monk
BWO provided me with a memory I'll never forget - over a decade ago. ❤️

You have VM or can we a GFM set up to help cover costs? I'll doordash you dinners, I don't care.

Let me know how I can help.
Hey@USMC Cat

Really appreciate that offer man. Means so much. If I need anything at all I'll be sure to drop you the info. Right now at the moment we have a lot of help that cover costs with the VA hospital..they cover all expenses with his meds, adult diapers, chucks for the bed, ensures, paid for all medical equipment, along with help with redesigning our front bathroom so it's easier for giving him a shower. Next week were talking with his main nurse and bringing in hospice to help us out. Like I said it's very touching and means a lot to offer that to us, but if there is anything at all we need I'll let my aunt know.

For many, many years you've been a real bright spot on this board and I really hate to the condition of your family worsening. I admire you for always having an upbeat attitude so you must really be suffering and it pains me to see it.
I hope that you can draw some strength from knowing that there are people that you've never met in person here to support you any time that you need it.

I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

With heartfelt gratitude,
(BWO)
Much prayers BWO, I am currently in the same situation with my Father in Law. It’s taking a serious toll on my wife seeing her father deteriorate into nothing. He is now bed ridden and mostly has entered into the “death stare” phase. Very rarely does he say any words at all. He only weighs about 70 pounds now and I don’t see how he can function much longer. The toll on my Mother in Law and Step Son is immense as they have been the primary caregivers for the past 3 years. It is literally the worst disease I can imagine, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I hope you soon find peace and comfort, as does your uncle. It is definitely not a life that anyone is living.

I'm reaching out to you today with a heavy heart and a plea for support. Normally, I'm a private person, but recent circumstances have pushed me to seek peace in the community I hold dear.

I'm currently facing immense challenges as I care for my uncle, who is battling dementia. The weight of this responsibility, alongside his declining health, has become overwhelming for both myself and his wife, who is also his primary caregiver. We've sought assistance from the VA hospital, and it appears that hospice care may soon become necessary.

While my uncle is not on his deathbed, the gradual deterioration of his health is taking its toll on all of us. I find myself struggling to maintain my mental well-being amidst the demands of caregiving. Living with them, I do what I can to ease the burden by handling daily tasks like cooking and cleaning, etc but the emotional strain is immense.

What adds to the difficulty is the absence of support from his own son, who fails to step up in the way one would expect. It's disheartening to witness, especially when I, as his nephew through marriage, find myself taking on more responsibilities than his own flesh and blood.

Amidst this turmoil, I find comfort in the simple joys, like watching our beloved Cats play. It was a temporary escape from the stress, as was streaming games for all of you and providing downloads afterward. Your unwavering support over the years has meant the world to me, and for that, I am truly grateful.

However, I now find myself in need of your prayers. I ask for strength and peace of mind to navigate through these trying times. Your thoughts and well-wishes would mean more to me than words can express.

Thank you for standing by me, for your support, and for being a source of comfort during this challenging journey. Your kindness is a beacon of hope in the darkness.

(BWO)
My mom passed away with dementia just before Christmas. She had her ups and downs but a week before she passed, she was doing fantastic. She was on hospice and came down with what they said was a UTI. They treated her with antibiotics and put her on morphine. She never woke up over a week stretch and basically starved to death and shriveled up to nothing. Hospice killed my mom so be cautious.

Last edited:
Yes, we are looking into that. We are going to speak with his head nurse. His wife and I need extra help we can't do it by ourselves. With his wife around age 70 and he is 78. She's not physically strong enough to do the things. And she is not very patient so I'm the middle man here to keep things on a narrow path. I've been through a lot sickness myself so I know how patient you have to be in cases like this. I do have to watch myself and so does she not let the stress get to us physically and mentally. If we break down we arent doing him any favors.
God will bless you brother 👍 I will add you all to the prayer list.

• Love
Reactions: BlueWorldOrder

(BWO)
Praying for you!!!

• Love
Much prayers BWO, I am currently in the same situation with my Father in Law. It’s taking a serious toll on my wife seeing her father deteriorate into nothing. He is now bed ridden and mostly has entered into the “death stare” phase. Very rarely does he say any words at all. He only weighs about 70 pounds now and I don’t see how he can function much longer. The toll on my Mother in Law and Step Son is immense as they have been the primary caregivers for the past 3 years. It is literally the worst disease I can imagine, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I hope you soon find peace and comfort, as does your uncle. It is definitely not a life that anyone is living.
Hi Fox, Just wanted to let you know that you, your wife, your father in law and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Don't forget that even if we all butt heads occasionally, we're a FAMILY here. Remember that we are here for you and I will help any way I can. I have dealt with something similar, so let me know if you need to vent and I'll get you my number. Please take care of yourself. That's important. Much love and peace.

Hi Fox, Just wanted to let you know that you, your wife, your father in law and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Don't forget that even if we all butt heads occasionally, we're a FAMILY here. Remember that we are here for you and I will help any way I can. I have dealt with something similar, so let me know if you need to vent and I'll get you my number. Please take care of yourself. That's important. Much love and peace.
Amen

Thanks so much Susan I will let you know soon as I can. Trust me there are days where I just really need to let go much love to you to offer that. I know there are others here would do the same thing. It's just finding time to take a phone call or even get on the board to vent like I am right now. My days are like 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 9:00 p.m.. the hardest thing is getting the right medication down him. I bought a pill grinder and we are grinding them up and putting them in applesauce sometimes ice cream. There are times where when we feed him lunch or dinner. Sometimes he eats better for me than his wife so yeah my life has been turned upside down ever since this happened. I don't know if a lot of you know my situation but about a decade and a half ago I had a major health issue and my uncle and his wife helped take care of me. They help me get back on my feet. So sometimes this is my gratitude and thankfulness of returning the favor
I understand. It doesn't matter to me what time it is. I will be here for you 24/7, whenever you need me. Take care.❤

My mom passed away with dementia just before Christmas. She had her ups and downs but a week before she passed, she was doing fantastic. She was on hospice and came down with what they said was a UTI. They treated her with antibiotics and put her on morphine. She never woke up over a week stretch and basically starved to death and shriveled up to nothing. Hospice killed my mom so be cautious.
That is sad, I hope they didn’t intentionally kill her. I will say if it was me, seeing what my FIL dealt with, I would choose the morphine sleep. Sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family as well.

Thank you Susan. 🙏

• Love
Reactions: susan2361

(BWO)
You certainly and absolutely have my prayers, as does your uncle, and whole family.

And as a chaplain with hospice experience, I’d suggest looking into hospice possibilities. The comfort care services they can provide the person and families facing challenging illnesses and conditions (and dementia is one of the most difficult to navigate) can be incredibly helpful. 🙏🏼

I'll add you to the prayer list brother. Dementia is terrible terrible, as I work in a hospital I see it regularly.
It can get overwhelming at times hang in there brother they need the help.

• Love
Prayers BWO. It's tough. My wife and I did everything for her Mom who lived with us for 10 years. When one steps up (my wife) others (her 3 siblings) step way back very quickly. But, as a decent person, you just do what you have to do. It probably won't get better, you'll be very angry and bitter at times, but try to stay positive and know that you are doing the right thing. You will be blessed by your actions.

• Love

(BWO)
Prayer sent and God Bless.

Hey@USMC Cat

Really appreciate that offer man. Means so much. If I need anything at all I'll be sure to drop you the info. Right now at the moment we have a lot of help that cover costs with the VA hospital..they cover all expenses with his meds, adult diapers, chucks for the bed, ensures, paid for all medical equipment, along with help with redesigning our front bathroom so it's easier for giving him a shower. Next week were talking with his main nurse and bringing in hospice to help us out. Like I said it's very touching and means a lot to offer that to us, but if there is anything at all we need I'll let my aunt know.
If there's anything, please don't hesitate. Like I said, even if it just a few meals or if you're just looking for an evening out to have some time for yourself or if you need someone to mow the lawn or someone to do the laundry. Let me know and I'll make it happen.

I couldn't imagine, and I know if it were me, I wouldn't have the energy for all of that.

As long as I've been on this board, I've known you to care for others. Least I could do is repay the favor.

• Love
Prayers to your father in law, your wife, and your family!

(BWO)
Prayers sent

• Love
Dementia in his family went through his dad, mom and sister. Next to cancer I wouldn't wish this disease of anyone not even my worst enemy. Was terrible watching my uncle and his father go through all of the stages...right now like his dad very mean and constantly asking "when are we going home?" We've had to padlock doors so he can't walk outside. His sister was extremely religious never uttered a cuss word in her life. When she got Dementia you would of thought she was a a complete b.

It all effects people differently it seems. It's such an fascinating yet cruel disease. My aunt is stead fast on keeping him home until there's no other option where we can't do it.
I would honestly say it's worst than Cancer. With cancer you slowly wither away but at least you're still you.

My grandmother forgot how to take care of herself, then slowly forgot who we all were, and then eventually just was anxiety ridden because she realized she didn't know who she was or where she was. It was awful.

Prayers for you, Blue! You are the MVP of this message board. When I was in a situation where watching the Cats in real time was impossible, you were my life blood & connection to the thing I loved, and made me feel like I was somehow “back home In KY” while living in a culture that was vastly different.

I will pray for you daily

(BWO)
You've got it. Prayers sent.

• Love
I would honestly say it's worst than Cancer. With cancer you slowly wither away but at least you're still you.

My grandmother forgot how to take care of herself, then slowly forgot who we all were, and then eventually just was anxiety ridden because she realized she didn't know who she was or where she was. It was awful.
I agree, there are some awful diseases but with this you forget everything you ever were. Who you know, and how to even function. My FIL has Alzheimer’s as well with dementia so it really hit him hard. Only took 3 years to go from fully healthy to basically a shell of himself.

Yes it is a relief, the toll it takes on everyone is immense. It’s so hard to say that and makes you feel terrible but it is true in a lot of ways.

• Love
Reactions: MegaBlue05

(BWO)
I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. I went through a similar situation with my farther, and then my mom ended up a paraplegic. All that to say, I know what kind of stress you are dealing with. Prayers for strength and rest for you both.

• Love
When my father died, it was a massive relief. And then I had to be strong for my mom.

I miss both of them.
I know man, I would too. I’m very fortunate to still have both my parents in relatively good health, my mom is turning 78 and has her share of problems but nothing too serious. My dad luckily survived a massive heart attack 2 days before Christmas. He had triple bypass and I spent Christmas in a hospital but he’s alive and kicking.

(BWO)
Prayers daily for you and your family. You'll be on the prayer list at Church.

• Love

(BWO)
Same here buddy. On Easter Sunday I had an emergency appendectomy. No big deal . But when I went back to get my drain tube out (same day Cal left) they told me my appendix had cancer . Now they are going to remove my colon , analyze it, and go from there. Tough times .

But the point is, this is a great place to get your mind off things that can make you crazy. It’s an escape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT