ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when an offer from Kentucky was special?

Starting to feel eerily similar to when UK/Tubby were turned down for another year of prep school, followed by Notre Dame ... remember?

Whats hurt us more than anything is our shit fans spreading continous negativity like a virus. It's reaching recruits, it's reaching our players, and coaches. Nobody makes our program look more unappealing then are loud ignorant negative fans...The most frustrating thing is watching them all come running back like they never left when things are going well. Keep tabs on some of these clowns on this board. When we're contending next year for a championship watch how many jokers on here change their opinion over night.

Have we fallen so far that now Kentucky reaches out to these recruits and transfers and loses them to Auburn, Texas, UNLV, and on and on? It wasn't too long ago, that our program making an offer to a player was considered something special and very selective. Besides all the jokes of whom we are reaching out to, the reality is the joke is on us.
Remember when posters on this board were positive. I guess not since you were here posting.

No one is complaining about the offers...it's just the timing, always the last to offer which means always playing catch up. Then all of the rejections and having to scramble to fill out the roster....like now
I think it will work out.

Whats hurt us more than anything is our shit fans spreading continous negativity like a virus. It's reaching recruits, it's reaching our players, and coaches. Nobody makes our program look more unappealing then are loud ignorant negative fans...The most frustrating thing is watching them all come running back like they never left when things are going well. Keep tabs on some of these clowns on this board. When we're contending next year for a championship watch how many jokers on here change their opinion over night.
Great post. You hit the nail on the head.

well I mean yeah, fans of the program will support the team when its doing well. Fans of a coach are more concerned with keeping tabs on these "clowns"

I’m not going to say anything negative until the season starts next year if or when they lose to teams they shouldn’t. What once was a CAL strength to recruit and unite the fan base came crashing down last season. None of us are close enough to know the ends and outs of the program but for most of us BBN fans looking in from the outside the program looks to be in trouble along with CAL. I hope I’m totally wrong and have to eat a lot of Crow.

Reactions: RunninRichie
well I mean yeah, fans of the program will support the team when its doing well. Fans of a coach are more concerned with keeping tabs on these "clowns"
Sure. Just post all this negative stuff and then wonder why Cal is not recruiting as good as when he first came here. What an oxymoron?

Reactions: dmpatp
Sure. Just post all this negative stuff and then wonder why Cal is not recruiting as good as when he first came here. What an oxymoron?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reactions: kl40504
This recruiting soap opera is all UK basketball is anymore. Its 9 months of recruiting drama and 3 months of actual substantive games. It's such a huge turnoff.

This recruiting soap opera is all UK basketball is anymore. Its 9 months of recruiting drama and 3 months of actual substantive games. It's such a huge turnoff.
Easy to take care of the concern.

I wish I was as blindly ignorant as the OP, life would be much easier being a complete moron.

So apparently "reaching out" or "checking in on" now equals Cal offered them a scholarship and was declined. So laughably stupid it would be unbelievable except it happens every day on this board now.

Cal has offered 3 transfers a scholarship so far. He landed two of them and the third is Marcus Carr. Seems like a pretty good success rate to me.
This.

Reaching out isnt the same as offering. We have made contact. But we don’t have 30 offers sitting out there hoping someone will take it.

Reactions: JFCats22
Have we fallen so far that now Kentucky reaches out to these recruits and transfers and loses them to Auburn, Texas, UNLV, and on and on? It wasn't too long ago, that our program making an offer to a player was considered something special and very selective. Besides all the jokes of whom we are reaching out to, the reality is the joke is on us.

Remember when people weren't so freaking dramatic in life all the time?

I am a little surprised at some of the personal responses. For those upset or see this as a negative post (and I have posted positive topics when there has been something positive) it might be more valuable to present how you see things different given this is discussion board.

I am a little surprised at some of the personal responses. For those upset or see this as a negative post (and I have posted positive topics when there has been something positive) it might be more valuable to present how you see things different given this is discussion board.
When have you posted something positive?

You have at least 3 times on different threads make some kind of jackass comment that I guess your audience of one thinks is funny. It's not and totally non-productive.
Lay off the football program and I’ll lay off you. Deal?.

1) Not sure how the 1st two posters in this thread are real Kentucky fans.
2) A UK offer is not special? We have a billion dollars worth of starters in the NBA right now with the name "Kentucky" signifying the highest level of quality and NBA readiness.
3) Duke is getting away with anything they want to so it is a very powerful lure for them to be able to tell a player to come there and the NCAA will turn a blind eye to anything... everything. That said, even under optimum conditions, Duke has struggled.
4) You give John Calipari the breaks K has gotten at Duke and Cal would have 4 Championships at UK instead of 1. Cal is operating under just about the toughest conditions possible for a coach and he's doing a fantastic job. Not sure if any other big name coach out there wouldn't have called it quits a long time ago.
5) Pearl and other coaches are great recruiters, too. Cal is the best ever but sometimes the other guys win. Especially when Cal is under constant attack from the Trump Capitol Storming UK nutcase segment that are intent on ruining our program the same way they ruined our country.
Pure gold man dont ever change

Reactions: Oboro3
But we eat first, we don't play college baskball... we are college basketball.

All of the 5 stars not named Damion Collins who is only here bc we hired Jai which is semi equivalent to hiring Cade Cunninghams brother. You cant run a OAD model and not get any OADs or else your team won't be good.
I don’t think we are running a OAD model anymore.

What I remember is that Cal made a UK offer special. Prior that it hadn't been for a long time. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.
And now it’s more meaningless than it has ever been. That’s great Cal did some good things over half a decade ago, though. Wish he hadn’t fallen off a cliff and dragged the program with it.

And now it’s more meaningless than it has ever been. That’s great Cal did some good things over half a decade ago, though. Wish he hadn’t fallen off a cliff and dragged the program with it.
lmao...what a dumb post, how had he "fallen off" before this year?

Maybe because you started the thread with a terrible post that ignores the reality of college basketball, ignores the fact that we have no idea who Cal has offered and we have no idea who he fill out the roster with this year. Its a thread purely to try to find a new way to bash Cal because you have a stick up your ass that probably has little to do with on court results and more to do with antiquated ideas about how this country should work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT