ADVERTISEMENT

Remember this quote?

Surely no one thinks Cal doesn't want to win. I guarantee you his huge ego has been crushed over the past few seasons. I mean, c'mon.

He makes all those comments (draft night, generational poverty, bigger calling, etc.) for PR reasons. And also I think to lessen the spotlight on his failure to win like he used to.

That being said, I'm tired of his shtick.
Nah. He absolutely prioritizes getting guys drafted over winning, and justifies it to himself by saying if he develops the players and they are high draft picks winning will come along with it. It's not PR talk. His actions prove it to be fact.

Cal has done less with more than any coach in the last 15 years. That's a fact. How many pros does KU have compared to UK during that stretch, and how many titles? You're arguing a straw man, that somehow we think Cal can't coach a lick. Obviously he can coach. But he gets outcoached by the better coaches in the bigger games. See Memphis/KU 2008. UK/WVU 2010. UK/UNC 2017. WI/UK 2015. The man will never win another title here. What is Cal's record against the top 25 in the last 5 years? If you can't see that Cal is declining and has been for a while, then you can't be helped.
And what about UK vs WVU in all those other matchups? You just conveniently ignore those?
What about UK vs UNC earlier that exact same season? Ignore that one too?
What about UK vs MSU in 2019?
Hell, I would argue Cal's coaching job last night was better than Self's. Sure, Kansas won - but Cal did more with less than Self did, no matter what the outcome is.
2018 vs UNC
2019 vs Houston
2022 vs Kansas AT Kansas
2019 vs Texas Tech AT Texas Tech

I mean it is what it is. You can try to argue it your way, and I can argue it mine. But at the end of the day, he outcoaches other "better" coaches or "more successful" coaches or "next big thing" coaches too.

"The man will never win another title here." Obviously a wild accusation that can't be backed up
Arguing that he's declining, while still having success, is like the same bitching and moaning some fans are doing with Stoops. When you have historic success, at some point you'll revert to the mean. Name one program that has consistently been on an upwards trajectory since Cal has been at UK. Name one WITHOUT any NCAA recent sanctions....

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
Cal's record against "top" coaches. If he can't coach, who can? He's not perfect at all and this season better be top notch, but the continued "Cal can't coach" stuff is just silly.

Self: 5-5
K: 1-3
Williams: 6-4
Pitino: 9-2
Oats: 4-3
Pearl: 12-7
Izzo: 2-2
STOP IT WITH FACTS!! STOP IT WITH DATA! WE DONT WANT TO LOOK AT FACTS AND DATA! JUST LET THESE PEOPLE COMPLAIN WITH NO REAL DATA TO BACK UP THEIR CLAIMS!!!!!

In all seriousness, JFCats22 thanks for attempting to be a voice of reason here.

Reactions: JFCats22
Ky is the reason he got in
Exactly...plus, this pile of blubber is also a member, so it ain't that exclusive... [laughing]

Bob-Huggins-800x600.png

thumb_640x360_00002_1687100902_64499.jpg

Reactions: UKortho
And what about UK vs WVU in all those other matchups? You just conveniently ignore those?
What about UK vs UNC earlier that exact same season? Ignore that one too?
What about UK vs MSU in 2019?
Hell, I would argue Cal's coaching job last night was better than Self's. Sure, Kansas won - but Cal did more with less than Self did, no matter what the outcome is.
2018 vs UNC
2019 vs Houston
2022 vs Kansas AT Kansas
2019 vs Texas Tech AT Texas Tech

I mean it is what it is. You can try to argue it your way, and I can argue it mine. But at the end of the day, he outcoaches other "better" coaches or "more successful" coaches or "next big thing" coaches too.

"The man will never win another title here." Obviously a wild accusation that can't be backed up
Arguing that he's declining, while still having success, is like the same bitching and moaning some fans are doing with Stoops. When you have historic success, at some point you'll revert to the mean. Name one program that has consistently been on an upwards trajectory since Cal has been at UK. Name one WITHOUT any NCAA recent sanctions....
Cal outcoached Self 'at times' last night. But when the chips were down Cal's flaws cost us the game. His inability to keep our most effective players in the game because he needed his golden boys to get their minutes was our downfall. And that is what will always keep Cal from winning another big one here.

And I stand by my prediction that Cal will never win another one here. If he does then I'll eat crow even to the point of giving up my account. But I have no reason to believe that's ever going to happen.

Cal outcoached Self 'at times' last night. But when the chips were down Cal's flaws cost us the game. His inability to keep our most effective players in the game because he needed his golden boys to get their minutes was our downfall. And that is what will always keep Cal from winning another big one here.

And I stand by my prediction that Cal will never win another one here. If he does then I'll eat crow even to the point of giving up my account. But I have no reason to believe that's ever going to happen.
In all seriousness, who are you talking about? Rob got taken out because under 4 mins left he had a terrible turnover, 2 bad defensive lapses, and a shot that was as good as a turnover.

I don't fault Reed for taking a 3-pt desperation attempt with 7 secs left, but at the same time, there's NO NEED to take a 3-pt desperation attempt with 7 secs still left on the clock.

If you're arguing that Reed should've been in instead of Rob, I see what you're saying because he's more reliable, but also Rob was the hot hand for most of the game.

If you're saying both Rob and Reed should've been in, they both had costly turnovers late AND both took ill-advised shots late.

Remember this the next time Shep and Dilly ride the bench. This is THE quintessential Calipari, the man who does NOT possess a killer instinct, who will NOT do whatever it takes to win.

Yeah we all hate Rugs, and he cheats, but at least the guy tries. Cal is calculating. He has other agendas, like draft night and generational poverty, to think about when handling a substitution rotation.
He told us in 2010. We didn’t listen. Draft day is most important day for UK basketball. When your AD gives you a life time contract you tell the fans to get lost and you do what you want.

In all seriousness, who are you talking about? Rob got taken out because under 4 mins left he had a terrible turnover, 2 bad defensive lapses, and a shot that was as good as a turnover.

I don't fault Reed for taking a 3-pt desperation attempt with 7 secs left, but at the same time, there's NO NEED to take a 3-pt desperation attempt with 7 secs still left on the clock.

If you're arguing that Reed should've been in instead of Rob, I see what you're saying because he's more reliable, but also Rob was the hot hand for most of the game.

If you're saying both Rob and Reed should've been in, they both had costly turnovers late AND both took ill-advised shots late.
I'm saying Reed and Rob both should have had more than 16 mins a piece. And they definitely shouldn't have been taken out when they were hot. Self showed some flexibility in leaving Harris in the game in foul trouble, but Cal is too rigid.

Reason why I'm leaving HOB. I make a thread or post, and the same 6 or 7 people come out of the woodwork to cuss me out, or call me names. I used to just do it back, but I'm getting too old for that shit. If you disagree with someone fine, but good lord. You can at least be respectful.

I canceled my subscription, and now I'm just riding out the 2 free months they gave me. I'll still post over here on rafters some.
This disappoints me.

My crusade to save Kentucky basketball and bring a realistic perspective to the sunshine pumping population will be much more difficult without you my friend.

Cal's record against "top" coaches. If he can't coach, who can? He's not perfect at all and this season better be top notch, but the continued "Cal can't coach" stuff is just silly.

Self: 5-5
K: 1-3
Williams: 6-4
Pitino: 9-2
Oats: 4-3
Pearl: 12-7
Izzo: 2-2
What's Cal's record against ranked teams in the last 8 years?

I'm saying Reed and Rob both should have had more than 16 mins a piece. And they definitely shouldn't have been taken out when they were hot. Self showed some flexibility in leaving Harris in the game in foul trouble, but Cal is too rigid.
I agree, the 2 foul "must sit" rule needs flexibility. I understand why he does it, but especially with players off the bench, I don't agree with it. They needed more than 16 mins each

But you said wrong players in the game at the end, so thats what I'm asking about???

I agree, the 2 foul "must sit" rule needs flexibility. I understand why he does it, but especially with players off the bench, I don't agree with it. They needed more than 16 mins each

But you said wrong players in the game at the end, so thats what I'm asking about???
So you want answers to YOUR questions, but you refuse to answer mine in the other thread.

Sounds a bit...unbalanced.

I'll get back to you when you get back to me.

Reactions: NociHTTP

Remember this the next time Shep and Dilly ride the bench. This is THE quintessential Calipari, the man who does NOT possess a killer instinct, who will NOT do whatever it takes to win.

Yeah we all hate Rugs, and he cheats, but at least the guy tries. Cal is calculating. He has other agendas, like draft night and generational poverty, to think about when handling a substitution rotation.
That is so full of crap. Just curious, do you guys wear tinfoil hats when you come up with this blithering nonsense? You do realize the people holding his contract know this is complete BS, right? If it wasn’t so embarrassing to the KY fanbase, it would be hysterical.

Last edited:
That is so full of cap. Just curious, do you guys wear tinfoil hats when you come up with this blithering nonsense? You do realize the people holding his contract know this is complete BS, right? If it wasn’t so embarrassing to the KY fanbase, it would be hysterical.
Full of cap? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
So you want answers to YOUR questions, but you refuse to answer mine in the other thread.

Sounds a bit...unbalanced.

I'll get back to you when you get back to me.
I haven't dodged a single question that has any ounce of merit or relevance to it. But you, on the other hand, just keep checking in absentee. It's ok, I'm patiently awaiting your next total dodge of a response

I haven't dodged a single question that has any ounce of merit or relevance to it. But you, on the other hand, just keep checking in absentee. It's ok, I'm patiently awaiting your next total dodge of a response
Got it, you have no answer. Deuces, chump.

Full of cap? LOL
Ahhh yes, the 100% guaranteed response when you know you don't have a real argument to make....turning into the grammar police.

Poster 1: Posts something of relevance, intelligent argument
Poster 2: YOU MISSPELLED SOMETHING! HA!
Poster 1: You didn't even try to respond to the argument/point of the post
Poster 2: HAHA YOU MISSPELLED SOMETHING! LOSER!

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Surely no one thinks Cal doesn't want to win. I guarantee you his huge ego has been crushed over the past few seasons. I mean, c'mon.

He makes all those comments (draft night, generational poverty, bigger calling, etc.) for PR reasons. And also I think to lessen the spotlight on his failure to win like he used to.

That being said, I'm tired of his shtick.
The more you lose, the easier it gets

Then you have bozos like Matt jones on air every single day saying what Cal needs to do and what we should’ve done differently. This program is a wreck smh

If he's not going to shove him in just to win a game. Then I've got a question for the dumbass. What made you recruit him?

These posts are so stupid. When did Sheppard and Dilly “ride the bench”?

People on here are idiots. They both played well but also both made gigantic mistakes.

Plus, if Wagner and Edwards don’t play/play well we aren’t going to win many games.
OK Mr. Jones! "Earned and not given", right. Cost us the Kansas game.

He has a NC because of AD and MKG, and a really down year in college basketball. My 5-year-old could have "coached" that line-up to a natty.
He also benefitted by the NBA lockout. Jones and Lamb might have not come back if not for that happening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT