ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding IU an Amazing Stat

Another bizarre stat that makes me discount IU as a blueblood and just shows how weird the Big 10 is in general is that the school with the most Big 10 basketball titles and I think the only school that has a winning record against all of its Big 10 opponents is not IU, or Michigan St., or Michigan, or Ohio State which are all schools that have won at least one NCAA title but is Purdue with exactly 2 Final Fours in their entire history

Another bizarre stat that makes me discount IU as a blueblood and just shows how weird the Big 10 is in general is that the school with the most Big 10 basketball titles and I think the only school that has a winning record against all of its Big 10 opponents is not IU, or Michigan St., or Michigan, or Ohio State which are all schools that have won at least one NCAA title but is Purdue with exactly 2 Final Fours in their entire history
Including a huge series lead over IU.

Most know this I'm sure and we all know IU has fallen in the past years but an astounding stat is this, they have been past the Sweet 16 exactly ONE time since 1993 and that was 2002 on a fluke FF run. That's over 30 years for a historically great program to only get past the S16 once and 22 years since actually making it past a S16. To me that is just a wild stat. Growing up IU was the team you hated.

And it isn't just some flukey lack of tournament success. In the same span of 30 years they've had ONE year that they finished in the top 10 of the final AP poll (released before the tournament) - 2013, lost in sweet 16.

They celebrated being "back" because they went to two straight sweet 16s. In the 10 seasons since they were "back," they've missed the tournament 5 times, made one sweet 16, and have 4 NCAA tournament game wins. In the 10 years since they were "back" they've had 2 seasons >.500 in conference.

So are you considering Indiana as a blue blood ? I’m not sure about that .
I do because I was around when they were great and the rivalry with them was great.
They actually won the last time we met in the NCAAT with creepy Krean coaching.,
I’m hoping things change for us soon b4 we are considered the same as IU.
It’s going on a decade since our last FF.
Maybe some other programs don’t consider us a BB anymore.
Which is actually a fair assessment considering we haven’t been relevant nationally for nearly a decade.

Reactions: yoshukai
Most know this I'm sure and we all know IU has fallen in the past years but an astounding stat is this, they have been past the Sweet 16 exactly ONE time since 1993 and that was 2002 on a fluke FF run. That's over 30 years for a historically great program to only get past the S16 once and 22 years since actually making it past a S16. To me that is just a wild stat. Growing up IU was the team you hated.
It is very wild, that’s real underachieving.

They've also never won the Big 10 Tournament and have only advanced to the Championship Game once, back in 2001, where they lost to Iowa.
That is a crazy stat, not even one fluke run. I don’t think they have even made the weekend but like 2 times.

I do because I was around when they were great and the rivalry with them was great.
They actually won the last time we met in the NCAAT with creepy Krean coaching.,
I’m hoping things change for us soon b4 we are considered the same as IU.
It’s going on a decade since our last FF.
Maybe some other programs don’t consider us a BB anymore.
Which is actually a fair assessment
considering we haven’t been relevant nationally for nearly a decade.

Complete contradiction. You consider IU a BB but you don't think we are based on recent years. Unbelievable!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Complete contradiction. You consider IU a BB but you don't think we are based on recent years. Unbelievable!!
No I said maybe other BB programs view us the way we view IU. Every other BB program has been to the FF since our last one. Outside of Indiana that is. And they beat us in our last matchup in the NCAAT.
Heck every BB has been to the FF in the 2020’s except us and Indiana.
But some of you think things our good with our program, while failing to realize that we’re getting closer to IU in BB status.

No I said maybe other BB programs view us the way we view IU. Every other BB program has been to the FF since our last one. Outside of Indiana that is. And they beat us in our last matchup in the NCAAT.
Heck every BB has been to the FF in the 2020’s except us and Indiana.
But some of you think things our good with our program, while failing to realize that we’re getting closer to IU in BB status.

You said that the way that they view UK is a "fair assessment." Your words. Not mine. You also said that you consider IU a blueblood program. Either own it or edit it.

You said that the way that they view UK is a "fair assessment." Your words. Not mine. You also said that you consider IU a blueblood program. Either own it or edit it.
It’s fair for other bb programs outside of IU to view us in that way because we haven’t been as good as them. Since 2012 every BB outside of UK, UCLA, and IU have won the NC. Even the new bloods Villinova and UConn have won multiple NC’s since our last.
Every other BB and new blood have made the FF in the 2020’s except UK and IU.
I still view IU as a BB so naturally I view us as a BB.
I wouldn’t fault other BB and new blood programs for not viewing us as a BB.
Many of our fans don’t view IU as a BB because they haven’t done anything recently. It’s been almost a decade since we’ve done anything.

We even have some fans trashing Duke and they were in the FF just 2 seasons ago. Along with UNC and Kansas while we were losing to St Peter.

KY basketball hasn’t been good nationally in over 5 years and it shows as Cal has only won about 60 something percent of all games and about 20% against ranked teams.

I don’t need to edit anything because we’ve stunk when compared to other BB’s not named Indiana.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT