ADVERTISEMENT

Refuse to lose kittens

davekersey

Junior
Oct 10, 2007
Naples, Florida
Intense game. Hard fought by both teams. And why Kentucky won the game.

1. Rebounding. 18 offensive for UK and only six for UNC. Won the battle by 10 boards overall. It is unc's Achilles heel this year. The offensive rebounding Edge created 15 additional points whereas UNC only got six points off there orbs. And for the game UK had 15 more shot attempts. Rebounding was a big part of the difference.

2. The kittens. Freshmen scored 62 points. For the most part they were solid the entire game but most importantly they did not buckle at crunch time.

3. The guys have a refuse to lose mentality and they have the skill to overcome the jitters. They did not fold.

4. A game to be remembered for a long while and it could be the springboard for more greatness in the coming days. Looking over the remainder of our schedule I don't see a team that we cannot beat.

Last edited:
Intense game. Hard fought by both teams. And why Kentucky won the game.

1. Rebounding. 18 offensive for UK and only six for UNC. Won the battle by 10 boards overall. It is unc's Achilles heel this year. The offensive rebounding Edge created 15 additional points whereas UNC only got six points off there orbs. And for the game UK had 15 more shot attempts. Rebounding was a big part of the difference.

2. The kittens. Freshmen scored 62 points. For the most part they were solid the entire game but most importantly they did not buckle at crunch time.

3. The guys have a refuse to lose mentality and they have the skill to overcome the jitters. They did not fold.

4. A game to be remembered for a long while and it could be the springboard for more greatness in the coming days. Looking over the remainder of our schedule I don't see a team that we cannot beat.
With a full arsenal I honestly think we are 10-0 and #1.

For the first time, in a long time. I felt like we were going to win a BIG game, somehow. They were playing like “winners”. Seems to be something different about this team. IMO

Reactions: BradleyCrawford08
They battled even through some brief periods of wacky missed short shots and tip ins, but more importantly there was a point when we got back up 12 in the 2nd half and the refs decided it was time to toot those whistles. If UNC got called for a foul on one end, you could guarantee UK was about to get one on the other.

And Bacot should have fouled out - he only had 3, but I saw at least 5 others that were as obvious as the light of day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT