ADVERTISEMENT

Refs gift Kansas again

It's a flop by a 7 foot 2 260 pound vet.

I refuse to believe his chin is made of glass that soft.
Not the point...If dude was 5'2 and 150 pounds, it would be flagrant?
Dude FN intentionally smacked him. Regardless if dude has glass chin or not. Correctly called flagrant....

Last edited:
Not the point...If dude was 5'2 and 150 pounds. It would be flagrant?
Dude FN intentionally smacked him. Regardless if dude has glass chin or not. Correctly called flagrant....
It's a basketball play and dudes take that all the time without flying to the ground like they've been hit with a baseball bat. It's called rebounding. I don't believe it was intentional.

He knew what he was doing.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It's a basketball play and dudes take that all the time without flying to the ground like they've been hit with a baseball bat. It's called rebounding. I don't believe it was intentional.

He knew what he was doing.
Yes he flopped, that's what he should do after being intentionally swung on and hit in the face. Doesn't matter if the swing even landed. Fact is... it's a flagrant foul if a punch is thrown, period.
Most everyone (including refs) thought intentional.

• Haha
Damn I hate KU! They’ll flameout early this year, don’t worry. Can’t seem to find the play in question. However, Dickface is the biggest bag in all of college ball! Again, soooooo glad he didn’t come here! Can’t stand that prick!
I agree. I'm glad he didn't come here, either. We may have a coach that can be very divisive, but one thing I can say is that we have quality good young men here at Kentucky. No one flops, gets caught with drugs or guns, or arrested, etc. I am proud of our young men.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

• Love
Yes he flopped, that's what he should do after being intentionally swung on and hit in the face. Doesn't matter if the swing even landed. Fact is... it's a flagrant foul if a punch is thrown, period.
You say that as if going for a rebound and throwing your arm back is intentional.

A punch is generally thrown with more obvious intent than that was.

You say that as if going for a rebound and throwing your arm back is intentional.

A punch is generally thrown with more obvious intent than that was.

They called intentional upon review...
Most can recognize in the video....intentional.
The distain for HD and Kansas shouldn't affect your judgment. If you truly believe this was unintentional, so be it. I see an intentional backhanded punch thrown.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Chuckinden
The distain for HD and Kansas shouldn't affect your judgment. If you truly believe this was unintentional, so be it. I see an intentional backhanded punch thrown.
Quit hijacking this thread with your nonsense. Go to the Kansas board if you wanna kiss ass.

I think it hurts KU in the tournament. They get calls like that on the road in the Big 12 too. As a team, it's gotta be hard to be that protected and not fold the first time adversity hits in the big dance when you won't get those egregious calls
Kind of the reverse of our situation. Told my son yesterday during the game when he was talking about what a sh!tty whistle we got: UK has to be good enough to overcome bad officiating because we will get NO favors in the tournament. Yesterday was just one of many examples; thankfully we got out of Odome w/ the win

Microcosm of what is wrong with college basketball. See the Bob Huggins (awesome post) video. Exactly how I feel.

Just a horrible call any way you slice it. Multiple reasons why it's bad no matter how you look at it, unless you are a Kansas fan or supporter. LOL

Add to that, how HDick literally uses BOTH arms to push off in getting open on that last play, then doing the Kansas 4 step shuffle to get the basket, and there you have it. It just doesn't get any more egregious than this to see what we have been saying for years.

It's so blatant at Kansas, has been for as long as I can remember, and that is a LONG time.

enough of my venting disgust at this, even though it's entirely predictable. If Kansas gets in a game at home where they NEED this to happen in order for them to escape with a win, they get it. You have to beat the hell out of them ( like we did a few years back ) in order for Kansas to get a home loss.

Good thing they will flame out come dance time. Like they always do.

I just hope it's an even more epic of a flame out than usual this year.

HDICK and Kansas really earning it this year.

Kansas fans coming in here on their high horse....get outta here with that. Dickinson was pushing off before the swing. Technically he should have been called for an offensive foul before the play even got to that point. It was a botched sequence for the officials all the way around. Like Huggins said they love inserting themselves in the game but want no accountability.

What I see in that video is that Hunter Dickinson is a puss, and the dude that "elbows" him should go fight in the UFC. Apparently dude has the fastest KO capable elbow in all the land.

Near identical play just happened in Michigan-Penn St where a UM player got whacked. Refs looked at it for about 15 seconds and declared it a basketball play. Allen Fieldhouse should burn to the ground in their corruption.

Hey hey cornerbaby, how's it going this year? Good ? Good. Hope we get to play again sometime in, say late March or April. But enough of deflecting commentary.

I just wanted to keep this thread on point with the very late game calls in the Kansas - TCU game. You cannot seriously watch that and smile, knowing how well KU comes out in the end. And you cannot seriously look at ANY of that late game action and say :

1) The flagrant foul was absolutely a stretch, to say the least. If you can't admit to at least that, then you have more tint on those sunglasses than I thought. It absolutely changed that game.

2 ) Hdick's shove with both hands as well as 4 step shuffle was vintage homecooking. Surely you realize one of the reasons Kansas gets tripped up come NCAA tournament time is that in those neutral floor contests, those calls evaporate. You don't get the benefit of a shove and travel to get to the next stage. You don't get that flagrant call at all.

Just keeping this one on point.

As to watching our own box scores, sure, I've been looking at them for nearly 50 years, and as long as the good lord allows me continue battling cancer, and allowing me to continue to come out here with some friendly banter back and forth about a sport we all love, yes. I sure hope I can continue to do it for as long as possible.

But in those nearly 50 years, there is nowhere I have ever seen a home whistle be more favorable than at Allen Fieldhouse. In fact, anywhere else isn't even on the radar. Maybe Miserable gymnasium (Vandy) but hey, that's VANDY. lol. And miserable gymnasium is so far under that radar, it cannot even be considered in the same breath as Allen fieldhouse. It's just that I've seen some pretty incredible shit for ANYONE that has ever played inside "The Phog" or the glorified operahouse that is Miserable Gym.

If I were a Kansas fan, I'd accept the label, own it, rub it in people's faces. REALLY work it. And if it weren't true, then it would stay that way.

Right ?

food for thought

Man I like the looks of that. I went in for $10 and 50% parlay boost for a $2400 payout.
The odds have shrunk since Tues
I bet 10$ on it no boost 3900

I also played 8$ on a 6 team with Arizona that pays 5 grand

Both are like half of that 4 days later

Reactions: BigKari
As sickening it as it was to see KU win, that was clearly an F1 foul. Stupid move by the TCU player. Unreal that Kansas escapes again.
You come to Kansas defense every time. You have to be a KU fan. Also, both announcers and the ref they always get his opinion disagree with you too.

Don't forget the blatant push off on the post pass that Dickinson scored the winning basket. He pushed the defender 3 feet.

You come to Kansas defense every time. You have to be a KU fan. Also, both announcers and the ref they always get his opinion disagree with you too.
Don’t believe I have ever defended KU. Despise them with every once of my being. That being said, I don’t let my hatred for them change my opinion on a clear flagrant foul by the TCU player. Most on this board don’t understand the F1 rule. I read this from Seth Davis this morning. The accouncers were wrong.

I know a lot of people were upset that Kansas was able to escape TCU on Saturday — courtesy of a late flagrant 1 foul called on Horned Frogs center Ernest Udeh, who ironically is a former Jayhawk. But the call was correct.

The biggest mistake a lot of people make — and I am including game broadcasters here — is they look at a replay and say, “That was not done on purpose, so it should not be a flagrant foul.” If contact is made above the shoulders, then it doesn’t matter whether the player was struck on purpose. Referees are not in the mind-reading business. By rule, a player who strikes an opponent above the shoulders is essentially guilty until proven innocent. Unless it was 100% a strict basketball play, then the refs will almost always rule it a flagrant 1.

In this case, Udeh was attempting to clear out space as he was gathering the rebound. Hunter Dickinson was standing behind him. I don’t think he meant to hit Hunter Dickinson in the choppers, but again, it doesn’t matter. If Udeh had made the same motion with his arm and hit Dickinson in the arm or chest, then play on. But he popped Dickinson in the jaw, which forced the refs to make the call they are trained to make.

Near identical play just happened in Michigan-Penn St where a UM player got whacked. Refs looked at it for about 15 seconds and declared it a basketball play. Allen Fieldhouse should burn to the ground in their corruption.
So you are saying throwing an elbow behind you (like the TCU player did) when the ball is front of you is a basketball play?

Don’t believe I have ever defended KU. Despise them with every once of my being. That being said, I don’t let my hatred for them change my opinion on a clear flagrant foul by the TCU player. Most on this board don’t understand the F1 rule. I read this from Seth Davis this morning. The accouncers were wrong.

I know a lot of people were upset that Kansas was able to escape TCU on Saturday — courtesy of a late flagrant 1 foul called on Horned Frogs center Ernest Udeh, who ironically is a former Jayhawk. But the call was correct.

The biggest mistake a lot of people make — and I am including game broadcasters here — is they look at a replay and say, “That was not done on purpose, so it should not be a flagrant foul.” If contact is made above the shoulders, then it doesn’t matter whether the player was struck on purpose. Referees are not in the mind-reading business. By rule, a player who strikes an opponent above the shoulders is essentially guilty until proven innocent. Unless it was 100% a strict basketball play, then the refs will almost always rule it a flagrant 1.

In this case, Udeh was attempting to clear out space as he was gathering the rebound. Hunter Dickinson was standing behind him. I don’t think he meant to hit Hunter Dickinson in the choppers, but again, it doesn’t matter. If Udeh had made the same motion with his arm and hit Dickinson in the arm or chest, then play on. But he popped Dickinson in the jaw, which forced the refs to make the call they are trained to make.
So you are saying the former official who they went to and said it wasn't a flagrant 1 knows less than you and Seth Davis? 😂

Last edited:
I believe flopping is either a technical or change of possession

Late to the thread, but I was watching that game when it happened.

My GOD, that was the biggest screw job I have ever seen in college basketball. I can't think of anything even close.

If I was TCU's coach I would have kicked the ball in the stands ala Coach Bell.

Reactions: KFuqua
Can't argue with the flagrant....contact to the head/neck will be called. OTOH, Dickinson pushed off with both hands on the winning basket. That was a horrible no call.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT