ADVERTISEMENT

Reed +/- was 16 without scoring a point

IbnSaran

Blue Chip Prospect
Oct 15, 2006
Highest on the team again. People talking about him getting burned on defense but I don't think he got burned more than anyone else and he clearly was a positive at all times on the floor. I don't understand how you don't play him in the final minutes of any close game.

Thanks for posting this. It will be interesting to see the responses.

Highest on the team again. People talking about him getting burned on defense but I don't think he got burned more than anyone else and he clearly was a positive at all times on the floor. I don't understand how you don't play him in the final minutes of any close game.
He wasn't played because Cal was willing to lose this game in order to give another player a chance to be a hero.

Well Friday night will be another chance to see if every
He led the team in points with Reeves, led the team in assists, and shot 7/8 from the line. Sheppard had zero points. We needed every one of DJ's points tonight or else we lose. Exactly what else did you want DJ to do?
He took 17 shots and only scored 22 points with 7 coming from the free throw line? Wow!!

I just watched the edited highlights on Youtube. The game was a lot different than the comments here.

Shep only had maybe two bad defensive series but they either happened back to back or within a few series of each other. That got him pulled but strangely none of the other players got pulled from the multiple bad defensive series they had. I’m sure cal has some sorry ass BS excuse from keeping him out of the game down the stretch in regulation but that’s all it will be is BS. Glad we pulled the W out however. Wagner played well and good to see edwards find his footing a bit. Hopefully the beginning of both of them coming into what they were supposed to be.

You really don't have to tear other players down to build others up. The good thing about this team is they're more unselfish than our fans.
I am not tearing anyone down. I am simply posting the facts. Scoring 15 fg points from 17 shots isn't a lot to brag about. That is fewer points than shots taken.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I am not tearing anyone down. I am simply posting the facts. Scoring 15 fg points from 17 shots isn't a lot to brag about. That is fewer points than shots taken.
22 points total. That's what matters. 7/8 from the line also helped seal the game. Lots of season left.

Reactions: jrpross
I"ll bite. How so? We should've lost that one. We pulled our heads out of our butts in OT.

That was a very hard fought W. Which I will take. But our defense has got to improve.
The game time comments had lots of UK villains. The replay showed a different game.

Delivered?? If he had delivered, we wouldn't have gone to overtime.
LOL.

You can criticize Cal for the terrible defense. I guess you can criticize him for whatever you want.

But acting like he gave DJ too many chances on a night he went for 22 and 6 seems ridiculous.

I know, I know, you're gonna act like 7/17 is terrible. It's 41%. That's not terrible. It's not 50%. But DJ's a guard, not a center. 41% is "ok."

Reed played terrific again he was very distruptive all night long with his help defense but the haters loved that stretch where a couple buckets were scored on him. The same thing happened to everyone else. Reed and Rob came in the 1st half and all these good things started happening it is no coincidence.

Dj didn't play awful but you can see how he is hunting shots to get himself going. Reed seems to me like he could do the very same thing and be much more effecient but he is intent on making the right play at all times.

22 points total. That's what matters. 7/8 from the line also helped seal the game. Lots of season left.
Scoring only 15 points on 17 shots matters too because it is a good way to lose a game against better competition. It is a clear indication that he is taking too many shots and he needs to defer to better shooters.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
LOL.

You can criticize Cal for the terrible defense. I guess you can criticize him for whatever you want.

But acting like he gave DJ too many chances on a night he went for 22 and 6 seems ridiculous.

I know, I know, you're gonna act like 7/17 is terrible. It's 41%. That's not terrible. It's not 50%. But DJ's a guard, not a center. 41% is "ok."
How many of those missed shots were taken around the basket? If you guys want to inflate his production, that is your right, but the facts don't support your efforts.

So when evaluating player efficiency, everyone else counts the free throws. Getting to the line and making them is viewed as a huge positive. Most people don't remove them to say "Well look how inefficient he was without the free throws."

You're so determined to undermine the kid's success, you're saying well let's take away 7 points. LOL.

How many of those missed shots were taken around the basket? If you guys want to inflate his production, that is your right, but the facts don't support your efforts.
How much inflating does 22 and 6 require? Is 22 and 6 not good production in your expert basketball opinion?

If Reed ever misses a shot around the basket--are you going to criticize him the same? Or you gonna give your golden boy a pass?

Scoring only 15 points on 17 shots matters too because it is a good way to lose a game against better competition. It is a clear indication that he is taking too many shots and he needs to defer to better shooters.
He had 6 assists (Tied for most assts tonight) and was +6. It's not like he's completely ball hogging.

Reactions: sefus12
So when evaluating player efficiency, everyone else counts the free throws. Getting to the line and making them is viewed as a huge positive. Most people don't remove them to say "Well look how inefficient he was without the free throws."

You're so determined to undermine the kid's success, you're saying well let's take away 7 points. LOL.
You don't consider free throws when looking at fg percentage. He is taking way too many shots at this point. I believe tonight was his highest number of shots taken.

How much inflating does 22 and 6 require? Is 22 and 6 not good production in your expert basketball opinion?

If Reed ever misses a shot around the basket--are you going to criticize him the same? Or you gonna give your golden boy a pass?
I will criticize Reed if he misses more layups than he hits. I criticized Shep tonight for not taking open shots and passing the ball to a poorer shooter.

You don't consider free throws when looking at fg percentage. He is taking way too many shots at this point. I believe tonight was his highest number of shots taken.
You don't include free throws for FG%. You are correct.

You do consider it in points per shot and efficiency. NBA people talk about points per shot all the time. They don't subtract the points from free throws.

Reactions: bbncal02
I didn't say that he was completely ball hogging. I am just not placing him on the pedestal that you want him on.
Quit putting words in my mouth and making assumptions. You should be a politician with the way you twist other people's words.

Point is DJ had a good game, and you have an agenda against him at the moment. I'm on to the next game and I hope DJ has another good game tonight along with Reed.

Reed played terrific again he was very distruptive all night long with his help defense but the haters loved that stretch where a couple buckets were scored on him. The same thing happened to everyone else. Reed and Rob came in the 1st half and all these good things started happening it is no coincidence.

Dj didn't play awful but you can see how he is hunting shots to get himself going. Reed seems to me like he could do the very same thing and be much more effecient but he is intent on making the right play at all times.
Reed isn't focused on stat stuffing. He is looking to do what is necessary to win the game.

Quit putting words in my mouth and making assumptions. You should be a politician with the way you twist other people's words.

Point is DJ had a good game, and you have an agenda against him at the moment. I'm on to the next game and I hope DJ has another good game tonight along with Reed.
Oh, so when you don't like my posts or you can't use data to refute my comments, you label me with having an agenda all the while telling me to not put words in your mouth, now that is twisted. You certainly don't have an agenda...

• Haha
Reactions: CBBCrazy and legjnr
I didn't say that he was completely ball hogging. I am just not placing him on the pedestal that you want him on.
I want to be clear.

I don't want DJ on a pedastal. I do want people to stop acting like he had an awful game when he went for 20+ points and 6 assists. I do want to stop hearing about how poor his shooting is when he shot 41%--which maybe isn't a GREAT night, but it's not the terrible shooting night you keep acting like.

Oh, so when you don't like my posts or you can't use data to refute my comments, you label me with having an agenda all the while telling me to not put words in your mouth, now that is twisted. You certainly don't have an agenda...
I don't because I have complimented and criticized EVERY player.

Can you say ONE good thing about DJ? I doubt it.

Reactions: Cats192
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT