ADVERTISEMENT

FRIDAY: Reed, Dilly & Reeves on ESPN & ESPN2

You don't want to make the comparison but yeah both are basketball trained by pro fathers with high iq with lights out range.

Curry off-ball movement is what made him special. I also think his handles are very nice.

There is some comparison for sure but I think the above is the difference. Curry will go down as a top 15 player all-time in my book.

Rockets fans are going bonkers over Reed right now.

Been mostly checked out on family vacation, so I didn't get to see. Will look tomorrow or Sunday.

But it's possible the NBA game might come easier to him, than this "will I play, won't I play" in Cals broken system at college. Sounds crazy to think, but it might be true. And not because Reed is some guy built for the NBA big boy league... but more so just how bad things were last year at many turns. He's gonna get more burn as a rookie in the NBA, than he did in college. Go freaking figure..

on fire to start the second half, deep three, misdirection to school Knecht, good passing

You’re back peddling so fast from your comment earlier, you’re gonna trip and fall. 😂

I’m only joking.. lol

I do disagree with your take. I think Reed can become “the man” AKA: Option #1 on a playoff team.

I've been debating lately how big of a Lakers fan I am really.... I'm no die-hard like I am Kentucky.

But losing Kobe and Lebron hi-jacking the team for the last 7 years has nearly killed my interest. Following Reed to Houston is something I'm seriously considering + I have no beef with Houston I liked T-Mac, Yao, and Skip to my Lou growing up.

Don't let Cal's inability to coach team defense confuse you. Reed has pretty darn good defensive tools. His steal rate was astronomical and he was great at blocking shots for his position.

I'm not going to watch Reed play these summer league games. It will only trigger me.
He looks like the smartest player on the floor.

Reactions: fatguy87
Lotta former Cats playing tonight and Sat from On3.

You’ll see another run of Cats take the floor on Saturday:

What is Knox doing in summer league? Thought summer league was for 1st and 2nd year players only?

Our bench player is putting on a show..... wonder what Wagner and Edwards is doing right about now?

I just can’t get over how many people defended Reed on the bench to start BOTH runs. It’s unbelievable how well Calipari can sell some bs. But it’s going to make him look stupid for a long, long time.

Imagine a coach like Pope or Oats having Sheppard Dilly and Reeves. It’s a title.

I've been debating lately how big of a Lakers fan I am really.... I'm no die-hard like I am Kentucky.

But losing Kobe and Lebron hi-jacking the team for the last 7 years has nearly killed my interest. Following Reed to Houston is something I'm seriously considering + I have no beef with Houston I liked T-Mac, Yao, and Skip to my Lou growing up.

Honestly, I’ve always hated the lakers I just don’t see how anyone can root for LA teams. I hate the dodgers as ima Cardinals die hard too. To me I hate almost all west coast teams anyway.

But you’re right. I grew up liking Boston Celtics and Miami, met Red Sox fans in STL one time and never pulled for them again unless they play the Lakers. But I’ve ordered the rockets decals and Sheppard jerseys for the kids, gonna pick out some killer Houston Reed jerseys. Waiting on the t-shirt I can’t believe they haven’t made them yet with the Rockets R followed by EED.

It’s a done deal that’s my guy the rockets are my team and I’ve never been a bandwagon but I’m all Rockets from this point on. I don’t think he’ll ever leave either he’s a loyal dude and they love him. Could easily see him retiring there so I’ve got years to let them grow on me. Not to mention I always loved TMAC and was a fan of Olajuwon so it’s not that unusual in some ways like you said.

Last edited:
Reactions: DraftCat

Cal is absolutely loving the fact that he made Reed come from the bench and loves he lost early with him. He loves it. He knew he wouldn’t be at Kentucky much longer and that was going to be his send off F U to this fanbase and program. It’s probably his all time favorite move he’s made against a fanbase.

1. Waste Reed

2. Make UK fans watch him come from the bench

3. Waste his time in a UK uniform.

If anyone thinks Calipari doesn’t love this and planned some of it you don’t get the guy at all. I’ll hate him forever.

Nothing wrong with deciding to follow another team. Hell, if there's going to an era of player movements, fans should just do the same.

Reactions: DraftCat
I love Reed and he’s gonna be a star, but that move he put on Knecht was a carry. It just was. Refs haven’t called it in the NBA for years and now they don’t even call it in college anymore. I chuckle when people compare today’s guards to those of yesteryear because the guards of the past had to actually play by the rules of basketball.

Reactions: chroix
I am sure the Cal apologists can offer up excuses for another reminder of how Cal mismanaged more talent than any coach in college basketball history.

Reed didn’t mind sitting on the bench watching momentum go to the tank. It was cool he was happy for Wagner to get his shot. He wanted to be that spark that came in, he liked digging out of holes and seeing if he could overcome Edwards. He just wanted to do his small part that Cal carved out for him.

I love Reed and he’s gonna be a star, but that move he put on Knecht was a carry. It just was. Refs haven’t called it in the NBA for years and now they don’t even call it in college anymore. I chuckle when people compare today’s guards to those of yesteryear because the guards of the past had to actually play by the rules of basketball.

I didn’t notice

If the refs didn't call it, it didn't occur. You act like Reed is the only player in the NBA who carries, travel, push-off, etc. It is the NBA.

You don't want to make the comparison but yeah both are basketball trained by pro fathers with high iq with lights out range.
Yeah way too soon but the deep range, stop-and-go moves, making the right play, and the fact they both go about 6-3/190…that’s exactly what Steph looks like when he’s playing well.

If the refs didn't call it, it didn't occur. You act like Reed is the only player in the NBA who carries, travel, push-off, etc. It is the NBA.

Nope didn’t act like that at all, actually. Everybody does it. Doesn’t meant it shouldn’t be called. It’s a blatant violation of one of the most basic tenants of the game. People Ooh and Ahh at these moves and I just think it’s funny.

Reactions: UKFBFan78
Thought I saw where you were a fan, wanted to give you your shot.
Not a fan. I am a Laker fan. Wish his dad would leave. Wish we hadn’t drafted the son.

Only point I’ve made is that he was a decent prospect prior to his cardiac arrest. I’m pulling for him to stay healthy and reach his potential.

Bronny gets a lot of advantages due to who his father is. I also think he gets irrational levels of hate. Much of that hate brushes his health situation to the side. I think it’s heartless, no pun intended.

Reactions: Killswitch24
Nope didn’t act like that at all, actually. Everybody does it. Doesn’t meant it shouldn’t be called. It’s a blatant violation of one of the most basic tenants of the game. People Ooh and Ahh at these moves and I just think it’s funny.
People Ooh and Ahh because given the same liberties not everyone can do it. If they could, they would do it. You claim to be a fan of Reed Sheppard; however, you seem to be looking for something to subtract from his great performance. Throw the play that you think should have been called traveling and he still had a great night.

Not a fan. I am a Laker fan. Wish his dad would leave. Wish we hadn’t drafted the son.

Only point I’ve made is that he was a decent prospect prior to his cardiac arrest. I’m pulling for him to stay healthy and reach his potential.

Bronny gets a lot of advantages due to who his father is. I also think he gets irrational levels of hate. Much of that hate brushes his health situation to the side. I think it’s heartless, no pun intended.
If he wasn't Lebron's son, he wouldn't be in the NBA.

I am a Lakers fan and agree with lm. We don't agree sometimes so that's saying something.

I hate Lebron so some of it is sins of the father bias with me. I'm not rooting for bronnie to fail but its hilarious how bad he is. He should not play 1 minute in a real nba game this season. If he does the Lakers reveal officially they aren't competing for nba titles and are just a freakshow about woke ratings and marketing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT