ADVERTISEMENT

Reed tidbit via MJ

The problem for Reed if he comes back is he will be surrounded by much less talent which means he won’t be as open to shoot like last year. He won’t be able to replicate what he did last year and will be a year further out from his 2nd contract where the real money is.
Actually he will be more open due to Pope's wide open offense...

Remember how we had guys with terrible shooting percentages light us up all year? Just maybe running good offense can help get guys open for easier shots like that. I'm sure players can shoot better when the offense is ran like that compared to trying to get your own shot off in Cal's normal offense. Just wait and see how bad Cal's offense will look at Arkansas without Reed, Reeves, and Dillingham. It will be back to a weak screen at the top with a guy driving recklessly into the paint.
I’m pretty up to speed on how offense works which is why I wanted Cowl gone 4 years ago. Again half the problem is financially it’s a stupid decision to Return.

And how is he not a year further to his second contract? Which means he will have a year less in the back end of his career where money is made. Don’t get me wrong I’d be elated if he came back for him and Pope. I think Pope is a horrible hire but what’s done is done. But what you want and what is best for Reed are unfortunately 2 entirely different things.
I guess you would have thought it would been a bad hire if we hired Dan Hurley from Rhode Island or Billy Donovan from Marshall? How's Scheyer and Davis doing at Duke and UNC without ever being a head coach? Took Scott Drew 10 years before winning a NCAA tourny game...

I guess you would have thought it would been a bad hire if we hired Dan Hurley from Rhode Island or Billy Donovan from Marshall? How's Scheyer and David doing at Duke and UNC without ever being a head coach? Took Scott Drew 10 years before winning a NCAA tourny game...
Yes regardless who you hire it is a financial bad mistake to return.

Hurley had the most lucrative deal in college athletics history at his feet and didn't budge. Again, it's not always about money.
You mean the Hurley that already has millions, not the Reed still needing to have a career? That Hurley?

Your right Reed should risk 100-200 million over his career to come back to play college for maybe 7 million? Remind me not
To hire you as a financial advisor.

Hopefully the one and done is over also.

But hopefully not guys that average six points.
10_watching.gif

You mean the Hurley that already has millions, not the Reed still needing to have a career? That Hurley?

Your right Reed should risk 100-200 million over his career to come back to play college for maybe 7 million? Remind me not
To hire you as a financial advisor.
finding dory GIF
It must be exhausting and miserable to be so reductive all the time. Turn that frown upside down and maybe chill a bit. Breathe. Unclench that jaw. Life isn't over because someone on the Internet disagrees with you. 😂

We need Burks Theiro to stay.
Big Z and ugo would really stabilize our front court. Then if fland and DJ leave, you better go get a meechi Johnson type player.

finding dory GIF
It must be exhausting and miserable to be so reductive all the time. Turn that frown upside down and maybe chill a bit. Breathe. Unclench that jaw. Life isn't over because someone on the Internet disagrees with you. 😂
Haha I’m not miserable and don’t be presumptuous. What else are we supposed to do in a forum other than talk sports? Wanna sing campfire songs or something ?

Reed's decision, whichever way he decides, can't be "stupid" except to someone that is only focused on money or only on UK and their desire to see him.

Saying it would be "stupid" of him to come back is a very ignorant comment. Not surprising, but ignorant.

It's his life and his path, and it's really a shame to see that people still don't respect that after decades on these boards. No one on this or any message board knows how EITHER DECISION will affect his life. If he goes to the NBA too early, it could hurt his career and affect his life negatively as much or more than not leaving, regardless of the money involved in that 1 year. No one knows either outcome.

You can keep saying it over and over (and no doubt will), but just like a toddler repeating something, it doesn't make it true or right.

We need Burks Theiro to stay.
Big Z and ugo would really stabilize our front court. Then if fland and DJ leave, you better go get a meechi Johnson type player.
I don't know about Ugo, he doesn't seem to be the cerebral type. But under Pope he might not be so intimidated to the point of not trying to rip the rim down out of fear of screwing up. Z would absolutely flourish under Pope. That guy has court vision.

Dontae Allen is back in the portal. Has a player ever transferred out and then transferred back to their original school?

UK fans never got to see a confident Dontae play. Unfortunately he’s been hurt a lot so I don’t think he’s the player he could have been.

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
The problem for Reed if he comes back is he will be surrounded by much less talent which means he won’t be as open to shoot like last year. He won’t be able to replicate what he did last year and will be a year further out from his 2nd contract where the real money is.
You don't know what the talent will be, and guess what the teams in the final 4 had basically no 5 stars and how many did we have and lost in the first round.

You don't know what the talent will be, and guess what the teams in the final 4 had basically no 5 stars and how many did we have and lost in the first round.
Who cares about 5 stars. I said many times during the last train wreck who cares what an incoming class is ranked if the pieces don’t fit or you don’t developed them. The implied meaning of my post was that with lesser talent they will be able to slack off and guard him closer. If Pope runs plays so that doesn’t happen great but there is still the financial side of it. Not sure why a few are getting so pissy that I said what most already expected. To me it’s a bit selfish to want or hope someone to returns and give up a lot of money or career for their personal entertainment value.

Who cares about 5 stars. I said many times during the last train wreck who cares what an incoming class is ranked if the pieces don’t fit or you don’t developed them.
Your the idiot who said Reed would not be open because of talent, I am saying having a real coach and an real offense with players who came to play means more than all of Cal's stupid 5 star one and done's. I will take Reed and some transfers who are mature players, and watch real basketball now that the car salesman is gone.

Reactions: Girthang
Dontae Allen is back in the portal. Has a player ever transferred out and then transferred back to their original school?

UK fans never got to see a confident Dontae play. Unfortunately he’s been hurt a lot so I don’t think he’s the player he could have been.
He’s not good

Your the idiot who said Reed would not be open because of talent, I am saying having a real coach and an real offense with players who came to play means more than all of Cal's stupid 5 star one and done's. I will take Reed and some transfers who are mature players, and watch real basketball now that the car salesman is gone.
You believing there is any chance in hell of him coming back is delusional.

Like Beau Allen?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT