ADVERTISEMENT

Reed tidbit via MJ

Reed was the consensus national freshman of the year. I hear people talk about how this is a weak draft and he should go while his stock is highest. These people are fools. Reed is gonna be a lotto pick regardless of when he decides to leave. Not only that, but he’s going to become a better player every season that he stays at Kentucky. The kid’s work ethic is top shelf.

People acting like it’s now or never for Reed to sign a big NBA contract are seriously misguided.

They are putting a lot on Reed by saying stuff like this....I hope they don't make it so that fans get angry if/when he goes to the draft.

Reactions: awf
Reed was the consensus national freshman of the year. I hear people talk about how this is a weak draft and he should go while his stock is highest. These people are fools. Reed is gonna be a lotto pick regardless of when he decides to leave. Not only that, but he’s going to become a better player every season that he stays at Kentucky. The kid’s work ethic is top shelf.

People acting like it’s now or never for Reed to sign a big NBA contract are seriously misguided.
You are not comprehending how the pay works in the NBA.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua and jjsomer

I just don't think Reed is ready for the NBA. He's not going to be able to guard anyone there and he'll be physically outmatched to boot. It's more important to get to the NBA and stay there than go and flame out.

The problem for Reed if he comes back is he will be surrounded by much less talent which means he won’t be as open to shoot like last year. He won’t be able to replicate what he did last year and will be a year further out from his 2nd contract where the real money is.
The reverse of that is that he'll actually be within an offense that CREATES SHOTS FOR GUYS.

As good as Reed was last year, I really think he needs one more year. He has a few areas to work on. Of course, he could do that in the NBA. I'm thinking more about the second contract. It would be good for him to be ready to fully contribute as soon as he gets there.

The problem for Reed if he comes back is he will be surrounded by much less talent which means he won’t be as open to shoot like last year. He won’t be able to replicate what he did last year and will be a year further out from his 2nd contract where the real money is.
Next years draft is gonna be super weak. If Coach Pope keeps the same offense that he did at BYU Reed's stock could potentially rise I think.

Won't blame the kid for leaving at all though.

Reactions: KFuqua
I think i disagree. There may not be both a Rob and Reeves, but I bet we can get one similar from the portal. And I definitely expect we get more offensive help at the 3-5 positions than last year.

He’ll get more shots most likely. The inferior BYU talent did against great competition. For anyone who hasn’t watched some video about Pope’s offense best be doing that.

You’re completely incorrect, Mark runs a modern offense that excelled with a bunch of 2 star Mormons. He beat NC State, Kansas and Baylor last year.

Guys like Perry and Reed will be rockstars in his offense if it happens.

We’ve already got 2 transfers from the sound of it, some of Cal’s players haven’t left yet, and maybe guys like Hart could be talked into coming back.
can you tell me who the transfers are?

No one knows if this is accurate. Pope’s offense is geared toward bombing from all corners. Let’s see if he can build a team to that offense before we declare anything.

Reed shined despite Cal. How many sets did he run for him, or anyone for that matter. Now imagine if the coach ran real sets to one of the best shooters in the game. I wish nothing but the best to Reed and whatever he chooses, and in no way want to put pressure on the kid. I was a huge fan of his dads, and Reed made me a Cat fan again despite Cal.

Nah, Pope runs offensive sets.

Would have been an issue under Cal, but not under Pope.

I said the same thing you did about a month ago. Was one of biggest reasons I thought Reed would move on. Pope will get Reed PLENTY of open looks.

He will b surrounded by incredible talent . Recruiting at BYU and UK is entirely different .

Reactions: KFuqua
I find it interesting that the 2nd Reed Sheppard Experience event is Saturday and Pope's Press Conference will be held in Rupp the following day.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I just don't think there's any real risk for Reed coming back, and helping a family friend turn things around at the same program he and his Dad played for and loved.

Reed is going to the NBA whether this year or next.. and yes while he *may* drop to a late 1st rounder next year, he'd be that much more prepared, and he'd be going to an established franchise. I don't think Reed is a franchise cornerstone type of piece just yet and ultimately think he's going to go between 10 and 15.

A truthful post is now negative?
KSR Cult can't take anything negative against their hero.

After last night saying all the donors were mad and would be leaving to all the posts he's forwarding today should show everyone he is clueless. All our local media have proved to be in the last 5 days

Reactions: wobycat
No. With Pope's offense he'll get more shots. His only worry would be it driving down his overall 3pt percentage.
Not only that, but the right looks to boot. Any scout would understand a bit of a drop in his percentage if he is getting more shots off. I hope Reed considers this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT