ADVERTISEMENT

Reed only took 1 shot tonight and didn’t score

Mitchell and Reed passed up a few great looks from 3, especially in the second half. I don't know if it were coaching or what that informed those choices, but we generally ended up with worse shooters taking the shot or a tough drive.
Shots weren't falling at times. And sometimes players get in their heads and look to pass when they should shoot. Happens.

That is the real question, why did he not take any shots. Normally shooters like to shoot especially after the start he has had.
It could be after hearing all talk about how great was after the previous game he wanted to give the show to the other guys. He seems to be that kind of kid.

He got absolutely torched through most of regulation. Bad games happen and it showed maturity on his part to come back and perform the way he did in OT.
Yup. When he got that steal at the end the whole team came over to him to give him props. Cal gave him a hug. They did that because they knew he was having a rough game defensively, but kept the effort up and made a great play to clinch the game.

Some must only want UK to win if Reed scores. Those fans are not about winning I guess.
Well I'd like to win more comfortable when and if it can b helped. I love the win. You're right that is the most important thing. I just think Reed tries to be too unselfish. Even when he is hot and his shots falling I sense that he don't just want to keep shooting. Which can be a plus or positive. I think he been the best player by far that we had so far this year. We won so I am happy with that. Had we lost I'd be pissed with Calipari thinking he couldn't get out of his own way again like years past.

Yup. When he got that steal at the end the whole team came over to him to give him props. Cal gave him a hug. They did that because they knew he was having a rough game defensively, but kept the effort up and made a great play to clinch the game.
That's where everyone will go with it. He struggled on D. A guy scored on him. Yada yada yada. Well so did everyone else's guy. At least Reed can shoot the ball and get some of those points back that they lose after some of the rest of them butcher it up on that end throwing those clanks up. Defense is important and good and all but why not have the guy who scores a point a minute in the game before. Reed need to remember to hug some of them guys after every game that they have off shooting nights offensively. And I don't care if Reed is from Kentucky or North Dakota or if he white or black.

Travis is a freshman, they have these types of nights, thats the beauty of having 4 guards that can score, when 1 or 2 is off there is still somebody to take up the slack

Last edited:
That's where everyone will go with it. He struggled on D. A guy scored on him. Yada yada yada. Well so did everyone else's guy. At least Reed can shoot the ball and get some of those points back that they lose after some of the rest of them butcher it up on that end throwing those clanks up. Defense is important and good and all but why not have the guy who scores a point a minute in the game before. Reed need to remember to hug some of them guys after every game that they have off shooting nights offensively. And I don't care if Reed is from Kentucky or North Dakota or if he white or black.
Why did you even include this? Weird.

Why did you even include this? Weird.
Have you not read this board long enough that if you say if something good about the Kentucky kid then ppl say well if he wasn't from Kentucky then nobody would even care. Or they take it a step further and say white boy from Kentucky and turn it into all that. My point is that my opinion was based simply on a basketball opinion. Not on anything else. It seems weird to me that you had to even ask that to be honest with you.

Have you not read this board long enough that if you say if something good about the Kentucky kid then ppl say well if he wasn't from Kentucky then nobody would even care. Or they take it a step further and say white boy from Kentucky and turn it into all that. My point is that my opinion was based simply on a basketball opinion. Not on anything else. It seems weird to me that you had to even ask that to be honest with you.
Yes I have, but no one was saying that at all. It'll always be weird when race is brought up for no reason.

I don't know. Why do ppl die?
Because your posts gave them aids.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost
Yes I have, but no one was saying that at all. It'll always be weird when race is brought up for no reason.
Well I said it for you. Because itll get brought up. I guess I'm just weird and I'll just have to accept it. What's so bad about it? Because I said it didn't matter if he was black or white? What's weird to you might not be weird to me. And vice versa. I don't care about all that shit or skin color or who you voting for. I'm here to talk about basketball. Respect me and I respect you. Even if you sensitive I understand you may not can help that. Now that we have gone over it and you know, is there anything else I can help you with?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT