ADVERTISEMENT

Only way I watch a game next year

I'm an idiot and will watch all the games no matter what. If Cals on the sideline you can bet I'll be on here every game causing a fuss.

I mean, do what you feel. Not like there’s a rule book for how to be a fan. I’m not trying to lead a protest. I just can’t do it anymore. Figured I would commiserate with some fellow fans who are feeling the same way.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
1. Cal is gone

Or

2. Reed miraculously comes back

Reed is a once in a generation Kentucky player, not just because of ability, but lineage, bleeding blue, etc. So if that kid came back, I would continue to support him.

Get a new coach, I’m all in.

Otherwise, I am done. Can’t fully express all the ways I loathe Cal at this point.

I could handle him being a bad coach. A bad coach with some humility, who brought in good kids but choked too much. I wouldn’t like it, but I could handle it.

I can no longer deal with the arrogance and condescension. It’s unhealthy.
He needs three prime time, impact players out of the portal. And if some of the freshmen don’t like it then hit the trail.

1. Cal is gone

Or

Reed is a once in a generation Kentucky player, not just because of ability, but lineage, bleeding blue, etc. So if that kid came back, I would continue to support him.

Otherwise, I am done. Can’t fully express all the ways I loathe Cal at this point.

I could handle him being a bad coach. A bad coach with some humility, who brought in good kids but choked too much. I wouldn’t like it, but I could handle it.

Never thought you would go down this road but I totally get where you are coming from. I am in the same boat except that I am a bit older than you (I think) and at my stage of the game I just can't/won't stop watching the Cats. I've been at it too long and am too invested at this point. I am sick of Cal but the Cats come hell or high water. I just hope to live long enough to see him go. My lifelong buddy, UKfaninNC, didn't so I'll try to hang on in memory of him.

Last edited:
Never thought you would go down this road but I totally get where you are coming from. I am in the same boat except that I am a bit older than you (I think) and at my stage of the game I just can't/won't stop watching the Cats. I've been at it too long and am too invested at this point. I am sick of Cal but the Cats come hell or high water. I just hope to live long enough to see him go. My lifelong buddy UKfaninNC didn't so I'll try to hang on in memory of him.
Your buddy went to high school with my Mom.

Trust me, I won’t stop caring what happens. I’ve just reached my breaking point with this egomaniac coach.

Looks like you won't be watching games most likely.
Well, thanks to Cal driving the program into the ground, I no longer watch BBM, and I’ve weaned myself off the no-name early season OOC games.

Unfortunately it’s more likely than not that he’ll be back next year, and if he is, I’ll do my best to watch even less UK BB than I do right now.

You fairweather fans can kick rocks. The Revenge Tour™ has just been postponed to next season.

When King Cal goes on a rampage with his vaunted recruiting class centered around a 17-year-old, I don't want to see any of you jabronis jumping back on the bandwagon. Honestly, with such an X&O mastermind patrolling our sidelines, I think 40-0 is a real possibility if we play our cards right
The trademarked revenge tour sponsored by Nike! 🤣

Well, thanks to Cal driving the program into the ground, I no longer watch BBM, and I’ve weaned myself off the no-name early season OOC games.

Unfortunately it’s more likely than not that he’ll be back next year, and if he is, I’ll do my best to watch even less UK BB than I do right now.
I remember getting up early and fighting to get madness tickets. I was so excited to see Cal’s new speech and our badass new players. It was so much fun. I don’t know when Succeed and proceed got changed to Fail and bail but he never talks about winning here anymore and hasn’t for a long time. Just excuses why we don’t.

1. Cal is gone

Or

I’m with you, I was where you are at now a year ago. But Jeff Sheppard was one of if not my favorite all time player at KY. So I wasn’t going to let the jackass Cal deprive me from watching Reed. My son is also a diehard fan and due to our father son KY bond I was pulled into this season. However I fully expected exactly what happened. I will not do it again next year unless the things you mentioned happen.
On a side note this fanbase has way too many fans that can’t take off the blue tinted glasses. I mean my gosh, Cal is what he is and has been for years. Starting DJ and Edwards is proof the man is more about other things than winning games. And a bunch of people defended it and said it didn’t matter.

Oh yeah for sure. He definitely knows who needs to be playing but I’m not sure if he knows how we need to play. I have no idea what happened around 2018 but ever since then we couldn’t guard a statue.

When a coach is held hostage about who to play, it's hard to say if he has any freedom about how to play.

He absolutely sold his soul at some point. It's akin to him basically being a figure head and. It even in control

He needs three prime time, impact players out of the portal. And if some of the freshmen don’t like it then hit the trail.
And you KNOW he's not going to do that. Hence his comment about not needing to use the portal. There's a damn good chance the recruits let him know that if he pulls from the portal, they're out. He's going to burn this program down just to please his draft picks. His plan from the start.

Reactions: gojvc
Your buddy went to high school with my Mom.

Trust me, I won’t stop caring what happens. I’ve just reached my breaking point with this egomaniac coach.
Do you still have connections in/to Cumberland County? I lived there early in my life and still have some family there.

Do you still have connections in/to Cumberland County? I lived there early in my life and still have some family there.
Lots of cousins there but none that I’m in touch with these days. Think my Mom said she had 66 first cousins. Lot around Cumberland and Monroe.

Reactions: docholiday51
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT