ADVERTISEMENT

Reed offered $1 million NIL deal for next season…..

The guaranteed NBA money is hard to turn down. In fact, I would argue you don’t turn it down. That said, if he can get some additional NIL money, I wouldn’t be surprised if his parents push him to stay another season. He really needs to mature emotionally and even physically. Maybe he can do that before he would start his NBA season. Injury is of course the risk in staying.
Agreed

That's about 25% of whatever his first year NBA salary would be.

For Reed, it will simply come down to how important the legacy he wants to leave here is to him. Does he want to be another freshman who came in and impressed and moved on without much team success? Or does he want to leave something behind for the history books?
I don't think that's the only part of the whole thing that Reed will be thinking about. I don't know what happened during halftime of the Texas A&M game in the SEC Tournament, but some have suggested that something happened that adversely affected Calipari's relationship with Reed. He certainly didn't seem like himself in the Oakland game. It would not surprise me to learn that Reed just doesn't want to play another season under Calipari. Reed knows way more about basketball than Calipari. It may be that Reed just doesn't want to put up with Calipari's follies.

Yeah, Reed is going to pass up a multimillion dollar contract to return to UK because his parents make 6 figures and he will get a million+ NIL deal…

Not to be an ass, but I really hope some of you are not over the age of 12, who actually believe Reed would return to UK with everything that has happened and will happen.

Fewer and fewer rational and intelligent individuals on this site by the day. But hey, to each their own as they say.
Maybe, just maybe....Reed realizes he still has plenty of things to work on and leaving now before he is truly ready to contribute on an NBA level would make it much harder to get that coveted 2nd contract. Reed has a ton of talent, but he most likely wouldnt play significant minutes in the league if he left now. He can come back to the program he loves and keep developing his game while also making a few million dollars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT