ADVERTISEMENT

Reed is probably gone

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Was told Reed was more than likely gone. Another huge loss…..

DJ will test the waters and if he can get a first round guarantee than he is also gone

Edwards will also try to get a first round guarantee and if he doesn’t he will return. Will rely on KLUTCH to get him a first round guarantee.

Burks is back

Okaay Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Makes sense, no reason to return as his stock couldn't get higher with Cal being his coach.

You'd like to think a Ky boy has more love and respect for the University of Kentucky but Cal has been here 15 seasons so Reed never got to experience the greatness and tradition first hand growing up

Cool. So just going to keep rolling with the same old hope and pray young players and kids who have never played together can compete with grown ass men who have been together for multiple years. Not to mention our coach has zero strategy other than out talent the other team. Has worked out well for us recently

No all though I did see that just now, but I was messaged by someone on Twitter. They told be it’s 95% chance Reed will not return. Ugo and Bradshaw both will transfer which is no surprise
I told everyone Ugo wasn’t receptive to me telling him to come back when I saw him at target.

I just assume everyone is gone .

Will hurt losing Reed, but hard to get mad. If he end up a legit top 10 pick I get it. Still hope he changes his mind.

Will be glad if Burks comes back. Was just as good as Edwards or better other than that stretch Edwards put on late. Better hustle and defender. Could be Liggins like on the wing.

I could go either way with DJ and Bradshaw. Great kids and could make a big leap, but could probably get better in the portal.

Edwards has the best chance to make a big leap, so would be good to get him back.

Absolutely brutal to lose that many guys after such a mediocre season.

I’ve been surprised in both directions when it
Comes to leaving or not. I advise waiting until players announce. With Reed, I believe he should go if he’s still sitting ok that first round lottery group. However, his showing against Oakland may have changed some thoughts on him. Primarily the psychological side of things.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Sheppard lead but if someone told you he is 95% gone on Twitter that must be the most reliable insider source you can get, right?

No all though I did see that just now, but I was messaged by someone on Twitter. They told be it’s 95% chance Reed will not return. Ugo and Bradshaw both will transfer which is no surprise

Reed leaving is a no brainer imo. I know many of us have repeated the following a lot but why in the world would he return to play for a subpar coach who blatantly admitted he didn’t start him because he was afraid DJ’s and Edwards feelings would get hurt.

Really think about that for a second. Reed was the better player of the 3 (and dilly). This was a know fact but his HOF coach did not start him. Not to help Reed in any way. But to not hurt the feelings of other players.

Who’s to say it won’t happen again next season?

Pass up $20 million dollars to come back to a worse team? If they had made the FF or hell even the EE/ S16 I could see him maybe wanting to “run it back” (I’d still advise him to declare if my son) but bounced in the first round?

Come back to play for a coach who also brazenly admitted that winning SEC Titles and NCAA titles is not his priority?

There is absolutely no scenario where Reed should return.

Last edited:

DJ will test the waters and if he can get a first round guarantee than he is also gone

Edwards will also try to get a first round guarantee and if he doesn’t he will return. Will rely on KLUTCH to get him a first round guarantee.

Burks is back
Rome may have to burn to set off the fire alarms.

I still don't really see how Reed is going to do much in the NBA when he gets there. He struggled to guard his man all year. WHO is he going to guard in the Association at the moment?

I want him to succeed and its tough to turn down money, but I think too many players we'd have in the past are solely concerned with getting IN the NBA rather than finding a way to stay there.

Next year will be an absolute disaster if this happens.
It would be a disaster record-wise with him. Reed is not a primary option scorer. He will have nobody to pass it to next year to make shots and spread the defense out. It will put him in a position to look very, very pedestrian. No way in the world his parents let him commit career suicide like that.

If Cal pillaged a few top 10 teams for their best players and agrees to have DJ and the freshmen come off the bench then it’s a different story.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
I knew you was FOS with the original post, you just copy and pasted Pilgrim's update. But when you doubled down and thru the 95% BS, that just nailed your coffin shut. Can you provide the "message" you got on X, not twitter by the way. What if it was 94% or 92.6% sure ? How did the person conclude it was a for sure, solid 95% ? I smell a FOS, made up post to start ANOTHER thread. I truly do not know, but do posters gain extra points or bonus for starting threads ? You start at LEAST 3 a day. And 2.98% of them are trash. (and I am solid on my exact %) Also, another thing that gave you away, but you didn't remember because you start threads so often, YOU started a thread yesterday with Pilgrims update. Then thinking today, people would not remember it, you tried to come with a new one and pretend to be this big insider with sources. At least be a little smarter if you are going to try and deceive people that you actually know or hear anything. Plagiarism, learn the definition of it.

Last edited:

Burks is back
Glad Burks is back. Would not expect Reed to return. To much of chance in loosing opportunity. The other doesn't matter whether go or stay. Cal needs to get a good experienced pt guard from the portal.

Burks is back
So yeah, puke again because CCC is back. We are no longer a tournament team until he's gone.

I told everyone Ugo wasn’t receptive to me telling him to come back when I saw him at target.

I just assume everyone is gone .
He tried to go last year and his “ handlers” didn’t get much of a reception.
I won’t cry if they decide to go. In fact go ahead and go so we can get the Rutgers c plus we got others in the program and incoming. Portal can help as well.
Same with Adou. Please don’t drag it out. Stay or go decision asap.

Some of us have been saying since he started showing up in the lottery that he wouldn't be back. We were criticized and told he was a legacy recruit whose life long dream was to play for UK and he would be back because making millions of dollars didn't mean as much as playing for UK.

Burks is back
Wow you don’t say. I thought for sure he’d want to spend another year in Lexington with the Cow! It were me I would rather go to Greece than do that

Cool. So just going to keep rolling with the same old hope and pray young players and kids who have never played together can compete with grown ass men who have been together for multiple years. Not to mention our coach has zero strategy other than out talent the other team. Has worked out well for us recently
Why can't CCC see this blindly bright in your face obvious truth.

Reed leaving is a no brainer imo. I know many of us have repeated the following a lot but why in the world would he return to play for a subpar coach who blatantly admitted he didn’t start him because he was afraid DJ’s and Edwards feelings would get hurt.

Really think about that for a second. Reed was the better player of the 3 (and dilly). This was a know fact but his HOF coach did not start him. Not to help Reed in any way. But to not hurt the feelings of other players.

Who’s to say it won’t happen again next season?

Pass up $20 million dollars to come back to a worse team? If they had made the FF or hell even the EE/ S16 I could see him maybe wanting to “run it back” (I’d still advise him to declare if my son) but bounced in the first round?

Come back to play for a coach who also brazenly admitted that winning SEC Titles and NCAA titles is not his priority?

There is absolutely no scenario where Reed should return.
I wouldn't either. Especially after watching my supposed mentor defecate upon my state and team and well myself as well. I'd already be no contact w COW because I'm not a good faker. I'd be like hey DJs your guy buddy, have fun w it.

It ain't called the sophomore slump for no reason.

Considering the praise he has received from the national media I think he could still go in the lottery.

Other than that, he should definitely go if for no other reason than to get out of the dumpster fire that is currently UK basketball. Who knows how much worse it will get next year.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT