ADVERTISEMENT

Recurring dreams

My recurring dream is I’m barefooted and have to use a public restroom. I have no idea why I dream this at least a couple of times a month.

My other recurring dream is I’m in a high rise building. The building starts swaying more and more, and I just know its ready to fall over.

Reactions: crpoore
My recurring dream is I’m barefooted and have to use a public restroom.

The Horror! :)

Seriously, I have had dreams where nothing fits together, and I wake up from the realization of a lack of a coherent theme.

Has anyone had dreams where a real-time event played a role?

A couple of times, I have had a dream where I'm chasing a bad guy, and shoot my pistol, or get shot at, and the crack of the shot is an actual sound from a framed picture falling and hitting the floor, or something similar.

I've read that the experts believe the brain invents a theme, and the brain just makes you think you were thinking of the story creating the noise before it occurred.

A couple of times, I have had a dream where I'm chasing a bad guy, and shoot my pistol, or get shot at, and the crack of the shot is an actual sound from a framed picture falling and hitting the floor, or something similar.

I've read that the experts believe the brain invents a theme, and the brain just makes you think you were thinking of the story creating the noise before it occurred.
Yes. Back in the 60’s I was dreaming I was outside a hangar and was watching an F4 landing but it was towing a cartoonishly large passenger plane. I knew there was no way and that it would crash. It did and burst into flames. As I ran towards it, I could hear the screaming. As I woke, I realized the screams was a song on my buddies radio.

I have a recurring dream where I get fired from my job for doing something insane at least once a week.

I used to have the "slept through an exam" dream all the damn time in college.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm going to anyway.

I've only recently began to dabble in mind-expanding, technically-legal-in-KY substances. During these sessions I find my mind creating scenarios or dialogue inside my head about what's going on with the show I'm watching, i.e. I 'hear' the actors or characters having conversations off screen. Even watching NASCAR (trucks on Friday nights) I'll imagine the drivers speaking to the crew chief and spotters about stuff having nothing to do with the race. Obviously not of that is actually happening.

What does that have to do with dreams and this thread?

The other morning after a regular evening before, I woke up and fell back asleep for about 15 minutes before the alarm. In that period of time I had and remembered a dream that would have taken hours in real time to occur. So my thought or question is, do our dreams actually occur chronologically, for lack of a better word, or do we have some kind of snippet of a dream and then the brain just fills in the rest when we 'remember' it?

I dream about things going wrong in my house lol. I dreamt last night that the pipes in the basement burst and was causing a bit of a flood. But then, consciously, I was like "Wait, this isn't my basement" realizing things looked different. Then I woke up lol.

Melatonin makes me dream lucidly. It’s usually where I’m lilooking for a toilet, but keep stumbling across them where I’m in view of the General public. Wake up and I have to shit

Reactions: The-Hack

I had a dream about my daughter a few nights ago. It is always pleasant to see her in a dream (she died in 2019). In my dream, we were making shadow puppets on the wall. I said "hey! watch this" and made a dog shadow puppet and made him bark. At the exact same time, my real dog Norman barked and woke me up. I went to check on him and he must have just woken from a dream also and was laying outside my daughter's bedroom.

Another dream shortly after she died, I saw her and she had a black lab. She said his name was Nate. A few days later, I found out that the money that we gave to a local animal shelter was used to pay for surgery on a black lab named Nico. Nico was adopted by a family with a 14 y/o (same age as my daughter when she died).

The most reoccurring dream I have is that I’m walking around and everything is a constant flash like a strobe light. Sometimes I’ll be being chased by someone or I’ll simply be walking around trying to figure out wtf is going on.

BogusBelatedAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif

I had a dream about my daughter a few nights ago. It is always pleasant to see her in a dream (she died in 2019). In my dream, we were making shadow puppets on the wall. I said "hey! watch this" and made a dog shadow puppet and made him bark. At the exact same time, my real dog Norman barked and woke me up. I went to check on him and he must have just woken from a dream also and was laying outside my daughter's bedroom.

Another dream shortly after she died, I saw her and she had a black lab. She said his name was Nate. A few days later, I found out that the money that we gave to a local animal shelter was used to pay for surgery on a black lab named Nico. Nico was adopted by a family with a 14 y/o (same age as my daughter when she died).
That was a really touching story, UKGrad93. I am very sorry about your daughter.

Am I the only one that sees a post blinking at a high rate? Seizure risk big time

I have had a dream since I was a little boy......(long time ago)....I am finding coins everywhere.........my pockets are so full of coins that I can't hardly keep my pants up.........then as I turn the corner and can see the my house....I start thinking the old man won't believe me....no one finds that much money.......I throw the coins into a ditch and completely empty my pockets and wake up.........when I walk now, which I have done a lot of the last several years.......I find lots of coins........I have a gallon whiskey bottle that is almost full.......it is bad luck to spend found money.....

I had two dreams about him after he died. I dont remember the first one all that well but it was about meetin him in town somewheres and he give me some money and I think I lost it. But the second one it was like we was both back in older times and I was on horseback goin through the mountains of a night. Goin through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin. Never said nothin. He just rode on past and he had this blanket wrapped around him and he had his head down and when he rode past I seen he was carryin fire in a horn the way people used to do and I could see the horn from the light inside of it. About the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin on ahead and that he was fixin to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold and I knew that whenever I got there he would be there. And then I woke up.

I constantly have dreams about all of my teeth falling out.

and sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping I have dreams that are really weird. Like I'm in bed in my bedroom, but something is slightly off. Like I have 2 tvs and they won't turn off. And often I think people are breaking in. I've woken up more than once throwing a punch into nothing.

I constantly have dreams about all of my teeth falling out.

and sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping I have dreams that are really weird. Like I'm in bed in my bedroom, but something is slightly off. Like I have 2 tvs and they won't turn off. And often I think people are breaking in. I've woken up more than once throwing a punch into nothing.
I've had lots of dreams where as you say, something was just slightly off. Lots of dreams of someone trying to break in. I wake everyone up yelling and trying to punch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT