ADVERTISEMENT

recruiting decisions

wldctky

Junior
Jan 20, 2002
Fort Thomas, KY
I don't buy that this far into the process that these 2015 kids don't know what school they are attending...and you will not convince me otherwise...just pull the trigger already regardless of which school you have picked

Id guess that 99% of them know. Theyre just waiting to see how the dominos fall. Where they want to go may not be where they end up, for various number of reasons.

I think the past week or more, recruits like Maker, Diallo, Newman, and Ingram have all been first dominoes. Other recruits, and transfers, have all been in holding waiting to see what breaks with those players. That's why I think we've started to see players like Thorne start to commit to other schools, because they feel they cant afford to wait; and they may be right.

They may have a school tentatively chosen. BUT, are probably waiting to see who else declares for the NBA, OR IF someone un-declares and decides to return. That is why you can expect most to announce after Apr 26.

No need for any player to rush a decision. Especially if it's to ease the anxiety of a fan base. The signing period runs through May 20th. This is the biggest decision of their lives so far. Let's sit back, Relax, and wait for there 17 year old kids to make an informed decision.

If the stories are accurate that Calipari has been taking Kenny Payne with him on in-home visits it could be that he's been telling recruits that he (Cal) might not be at UK in 4 years. And, btw, here's the coach whom I'm going to recommend as my successor. I'm sure you'll love Kenny as much as we do at UK. etc etc. That could be why the usual flow of recruits seems to have been slowed. That would make recruits take time to reach a decision.

I could be wildly wrong. I don't know the usual protocol for home visits. Do they ordinarily include assistant coaches?

they are trolling the negative Nancy's
they are sitting back and laughing at the anxiety of the negative Nancy's

i do think that most know where they are going
some will wait until the deadline to stay in college is over (the NBA deadline to declare)

THERE IS NO WAY IN HADES THAT CAL IS RUNNING AROUND THE COUNTRY TELLING RECRUITS I WONT BE HERE, BUT HERE IS KENNY PAYNE. HE WILL BE MY REPLACEMENT!

Cal has had 2 assistants leave in 12 months. He is bridge building and showing how solid Payne is with UK. Know one thing, as good as Cal is Payne is the face most of these kids see long term in the recruiting process. He is the one on the phone with these kids.

The longer they wait, the more attention they get. Some of them may still be undecided but most probably have already made their decisions and just wanting attention.

They know where they want to go. They are waiting to see how many leaves UK before deciding.....oh, wait....maybe they haven't heard yet.

ADVERTISEMENT