ADVERTISEMENT

Really liking our chances with Terry Touchdown

Florida has one of the top QB's in this class. Don't understand why they're going after him.

Bowden, Benny, and Terry would keep defensive coordinators awake. The run game with those guys would just be so deadly. On top of having Richardson, Baker, and Conrad to deal with as well. Add in the O-Line we have returning to that mix and it could be lethal.

TD Terry just has playmaking skills. He is not the most polished passer, but if Scott Frost and Dan Mullen are going hard after him then he must be the real deal.

Bowden, Benny, and Terry would keep defensive coordinators awake. The run game with those guys would just be so deadly. On top of having Richardson, Baker, and Conrad to deal with as well. Add in the O-Line we have returning to that mix and it could be lethal.

TD Terry just has playmaking skills. He is not the most polished passer, but if Scott Frost and Dan Mullen are going hard after him then he must be the real deal.
Yeah, I mean we are talking about a top 10 running back, top 10 tight end and maybe the best offensive line we have ever had according to recruiting rankings. Just need the right QB to run the show!

Florida has one of the top QB's in this class. Don't understand why they're going after him.

For Mullen best case they get two great QBs to compete for the job and the runner up stays as backup waiting his chance and isn't on the field for a team you might have to play.

Worst case, the loser transfers but probably not to a team you're like to face

Reactions: brianpoe
For Mullen best case they get two great QBs to compete for the job and the runner up stays as backup waiting his chance and isn't on the field for a team you might have to play.

Best case scenario for the backup is to make his debut in the UK game and then get into the Heisman talk.

Rich rod was in there at the beginning. But fell off somehow. Mullen and chip and urban (to a lesser extent) still kept climbing.

No one ran the spread option better than Petrino with Lamar. And, Rich Rod had one of the best this year, as well. Chip has not coached it in years.

Corral is a pro style quarterback and Mullen wants a dual threat.
I'm actually hoping that UF and the loser of the Emory Jones sweepstakes (Ohio State or Bama) go hard after Jarren Williams... The fact that Mullen doesn't appear to have Williams on his radar and that Ohio State did not go after him hard after his visit makes me wonder if he isn't the end all/be all his handlers make him out to be.

I think Rich Rod had the #3 rushing offense and was the #12 total offense this year. MSU came in at about #45 in total offense.

I'm actually hoping that UF and the loser of the Emory Jones sweepstakes (Ohio State or Bama) go hard after Jarren Williams... The fact that Mullen doesn't appear to have Williams on his radar and that Ohio State did not go after him hard after his visit makes me wonder if he isn't the end all/be all his handlers make him out to be.
I get the feel Jones will flip to Bama especially after Meyer took Baldwin's commit this week. Did raise eyebrows that Bama and OSU had Williams in for visits then interest dried up.

Reactions: DACats86
Regarding Wilson, I know logic has little to do with these kids' decision making process, but he is an obvious back-up plan to both Nebraska and UF.

Reactions: catben
Regarding Wilson, I know logic has little to do with these kids' decision making process, but he is an obvious back-up plan to both Nebraska and UF.
True. Still, I think UK is playing 2d fiddle most likely to Neb. He's from the Midwest, committed to Neb out of HS, UK got in on him really late....feel that's going to be hard to overcome. Maybe he'll see what's going on, we'll find out soon.

What do you think our chances are with Foster?

I know he has UK listed in his final 5, but do we really have a shot at landing him if Wilson goes elsewhere?

What do you think our chances are with Foster?

I know he has UK listed in his final 5, but do we really have a shot at landing him if Wilson goes elsewhere?
Not DA but I think Forster is a longer shot than Wilson. I think he eventually picks from LSU, the perceived leader for awhile, or FSU. Just hope they get him on campus for a visit then anything can happen.

Reactions: catben
He's bringing in his whole family for his visit and you only do that if you're about to commit and want the approval of your family.
Hope you are right, but I hope they make him earn the job instead of promising it to him.

My gut says we land Wilson, he seems to like us and he would be a great fit. The Mullen read option offense isn't exactly what most quarterbacks are looking for, it's run oriented with the QB taking a lot of hits, meaning your exposure to injury is high and the passing games is not featured as much as it is elsewhere. Dak and Fitz were both low to mid grade 3 star recruits.

I know some may jump on that comment and bring our our 60/40 run to pass offense, but Gran isn't locked into just one offense the way Mullen seems to be. Gran has had some pretty high octane pass oriented offenses at his time in Cincinnati so I think with the right QB we may see more 50/50 offenses or even 55/45 pass to run.

Reactions: mattrudd
My gut says we land Wilson, he seems to like us and he would be a great fit. The Mullen read option offense isn't exactly what most quarterbacks are looking for, it's run oriented with the QB taking a lot of hits, meaning your exposure to injury is high and the passing games is not featured as much as it is elsewhere. Dak and Fitz were both low to mid grade 3 star recruits.

I know some may jump on that comment and bring our our 60/40 run to pass offense, but Gran isn't locked into just one offense the way Mullen seems to be. Gran has had some pretty high octane pass oriented offenses at his time in Cincinnati so I think with the right QB we may see more 50/50 offenses or even 55/45 pass to run.
Gran may not be locked in , but pretty sure his boss is.

He didn't get really highly rated guys at Miss St., but he got Tebow and Cam Newton at Florida.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Because Matt Corral wants to be "the man." Emphasis on "THE" (singular). He is top-rated QB in the 2018 class (albeit pro-style) and Mullen is about to run him off.

In addition to Corral, Mullen made contact with a handful of quarterbacks last week and has targeted mostly dual-threat passers. He conducted an in-home visit last Tuesday with 5-star QB Justin Fields, who is currently committed to Georgia.

“I’m fine with that. Matt’s fine with that, too,” Corral’s father said of Mullen’s interest in Fields. “Matt’s not afraid of competition. It’s just about communication. If they need to sign a second quarterback, we just want to be updated on what’s going on.”

Corral officially visits Ole Miss this weekend and may take a trip to LSU as well, according to his father. Alabama is also in the mix for Corral, who visited the Crimson Tide last month.

Mullen is way to smart to sit on just one unsigned but committed QB while he is still visiting other schools unlike some coaches....

Also would keep him off the field against him.
Keep him off the field against them.

Reactions: kritikalcat
No one ran the spread option better than Petrino with Lamar. And, Rich Rod had one of the best this year, as well. Chip has not coached it in years.

Noone was better than Lamar. Petrino never coached that syle offense prior. So he's not really a spread option coach.

Also about half the plays called would've been disasters had Jackson not performed superhuman feats.

I'll concede rich rod.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT