ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic NCAA seed

Since we aren’t losing another SEC game, I’d say it’s realistic to get a 1. Don’t care. I have to stay positive. I was in a bad way during the loss to South Carolina. Ain’t doing that again. I was so pissed and yelled so loudly and angrily at the TV, I literally scared the shit out of my son. He told me, “I don’t want to watch the game with you daddy, you scared me.” Now, this just killed me. So, staying positive. 1 seed on the way! Go Cats. Call me stupid, don’t care.

IMO, we have the chance to be a 2 Seed. If we beat Tennessee, Florida, Gonzaga and Alabama. I think a 3 Seed is a realistic number though.

With the way we’re looking right now I’d say a 5 seed at best, 9 seed at worst

If we aren’t a 1 seed this year it’s already a disappointment and a letdown of a season. The reason I say this is because our shot at making a final 4 or winning it our higher than where we will end up seeded. It’s already been the longest streak between seasons of not having a 1 seed.

What can I say the 9 million dollar man is used to breaking all the wrong kind of records here at UK! We still have people here that pat that guy on the back un freaking believable ! What can I say we won another recruiting banner and we’ll get 7-8 drafted……. BEST DAY IN UK HISTORY….

Win out out for a #1.

Win all quad 1 for a #2.

No bad losses but one or two quad 1 losses and a likely #3.

After that I don't really care.

Need to take care of business. Team has too much potential for this nonsense and Cal needs to shrink rotation to 8 guys stat.

I say we end up a 5. Slightly better than last year's team. We avoid the upset but go down in flames to 4 seed in 2nd round.

Reactions: TM2013
If the worst and likely happens and we drop games at Auburn, Tennessee, Miss State?, SEC Tourney, maybe one more at home (UT, Alabama) what is the prediction of NCAA placement. Best I can remember we have been better than a 4 twice since 2015 and we would have been in the Covid year. Thats not good enough IMO. With UK Cal should have better than a 4 80% of the time. Am I wrong in thinking this?
It all depends on how the season plays out. I’d say late February we will know about where we stand or what we need to do in the SEC tourney to get a certain seed. I’d say we get between a 2-4 right now.

Since we aren’t losing another SEC game, I’d say it’s realistic to get a 1. Don’t care. I have to stay positive. I was in a bad way during the loss to South Carolina. Ain’t doing that again. I was so pissed and yelled so loudly and angrily at the TV, I literally scared the shit out of my son. He told me, “I don’t want to watch the game with you daddy, you scared me.” Now, this just killed me. So, staying positive. 1 seed on the way! Go Cats. Call me stupid, don’t care.
That’s right, we going all the way baby!

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
I think we'll end up a 2 seed. I think a 4 is floor.

Top teams have been losing all year and will continue to. We may have resume of a 3-4 in many years, but compared to the other teams we will still be in the running for a 2 because their resume will be similar.

Anywhere from 3 to 7 a lot of basketball to be played. You could even see a path to a 2 seed but would require some amazing road wins like at Auburn or Tennessee which is unlikely to happen.

4 or 5 for me as well.

It would be interesting to go back and look at all posts last season and in the early offseason about this monster class and how Cal was getting things back on track.
Could also be interesting to come back to this thread and see if the people who are down in the dumps are right or the people who still feel this season can be really good are right.

I'll say between a 2 and 5 seed. End up with a 2 or 3 most likely.

Everyone else is going to lose some games along the way. Vols best win ... was wayyy back at the early season @ WISKY ?!? Looks to me like that's what it is. We got a shot at getting a 2. A 1 if we were to win out. That's not going to happen. I think this teams turns things around and finishes strong. Puts us in a good spot for a deep tourney run. I have to be positive and optimistic. If not, then what's the point?

If we do poorly here on out ..... hugely disappointing season.

Then I'm dead cold straight up staring at the coach. And the AD.

We're a pretty firm 4 seed at the moment. Lunardi has us at 13. BracketMatrix has us at 14.

Right now a 1 seed is still on the table. You really about have to win out to get it. Maybe can lose 1 more regular season game.

I think a 2 is pretty likely assuming we take care of business where we should. I think we'll lose at least 1 and maybe both of @Auburn and @UT. Winning either would be huge. I doubt we lose any other games. Assuming only 2 more losses the rest of the way, 25-6 after the regular season. Win your 1st 2 rounds in the SEC tournament. 27-6 going into selection Sunday.

We have issues. But so do most of the teams currently considered 2 and 3 seeds.

What's everyone think of the other teams out there ?

I'm on record as being optimistic : UK is a 2 seed. Best in conference.
I think the Vols are going to start losing. 3 seed at best by the time it's all said and done.
Auburn - 4 seed.

UConn, Purdue, UNC, Houston 1 seeds

2 seed :
UK, Kansas, Wisky, Marquette

3 seeds :
Vols, Arizona, Duke, Baylor

4 seeds :
Auburn, Illini, Oklahoma, Creighton

5 seeds :
BYU, Iowa State, FAU, Alabama

Reactions: Cats192
We're a pretty firm 4 seed at the moment. Lunardi has us at 13. BracketMatrix has us at 14.

Right now a 1 seed is still on the table. You really about have to win out to get it. Maybe can lose 1 more regular season game.

I think a 2 is pretty likely assuming we take care of business where we should. I think we'll lose at least 1 and maybe both of @Auburn and @UT. Winning either would be huge. I doubt we lose any other games. Assuming only 2 more losses the rest of the way, 25-6 after the regular season. Win your 1st 2 rounds in the SEC tournament. 27-6 going into selection Sunday.

We have issues. But so do most of the teams currently considered 2 and 3 seeds.
You got a lot more faith then I would after seeing us already lose at A&M and getting destroyed at South Carolina to think we only lose 2 more games. Every single road game left is going to be tough (even Vanderbilt) this is a young team and they barely played any road games this year (4 but really 3 Louisville wasn't so much a road game)
This happens a lot of years at Kentucky since Cal will play a couple neutral games plus no road games until conference play usually and the young Cats are shell shocked when they are trailing big ala what happened at South Carolina.

Still have tough home games vs Gonzaga, Alabama, Tennessee..........I mean to go 25-6 would be a miracle at this piont.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT