ADVERTISEMENT

RB Boone to UL

He’s too small to be a sucessful SEC running back. That’s why he dropped down a notch by going to Louisville. From small school to a mid major is the right course for him.

Are you confusing him with someone else?

I’m not saying he’d be good or bad in the SEC, but he’s listed at 6’1 235 on the Toledo roster.

That doesn’t seem too small for a RB in any league.

I’m not saying he’d be good or bad in the SEC, but he’s listed at 6’1 235 on the Toledo roster.

At the combine that normally equates to 5”11 225. Not putting the guy down or questioning his ability but measurements are almost always over exaggerated. Check out some portal profiles and compare their portal measurements to when they were hs prospects. Those can change but several guys seem to lose an inch or two when they go to college.

• Haha
Reactions: Supafuzz75
At the combine that normally equates to 5”11 225. Not putting the guy down or questioning his ability but measurements are almost always over exaggerated. Check out some portal profiles and compare their portal measurements to when they were hs prospects. Those can change but several guys seem to lose an inch or two when they go to college.
Agreed but that’s still bigger than plenty of RBs including Ray Davis. I don’t know how good Boone is but he’s not too small for the SEC

No. He's just talking out his ask like always. Doesn't know sht about football and doesn't bother to read anything before commenting.

Brohm 2 yrs in a row clear as a bell saying UL will not be a high school recruiting program any longer. They will be a transfer team, a roster almost all composed of guys who left other colleges. Coach Prime of the East.

Funny how lots of UK faithful worried he would be tougher competition than Sat over local HS recruits. Facts are Jeffy is waiving the white flag of surrender in that area more than Sat ever did.

Brohm 2 yrs in a row clear as a bell saying UL will not be a high school recruiting program any longer. They will be a transfer team, a roster almost all composed of guys who left other colleges. Coach Prime of the East.

Funny how lots of UK faithful worried he would be tougher competition than Sat over local HS recruits. Facts are Jeffy is waiving the white flag of surrender in that area more than Sat ever did.
How many city of Louisville kids did UK sign in the last 2 years? The answer is 1 and he did not last past fall camp. We will see how this works out when there is a high profile kid from Louisville, that both schools target.

It’s not just Louisville. The transfer portal has turned small college and lower D1 teams into a feeder system for college football. No longer do they need to spend Friday nights watching high school talent. Now they can target players at positions of need who have proven they can work, get stronger and actually play instead of bringing in a young, unproven, high school recruit.

Reactions: hmt5000
Oh, it is just UL who is building a team from the portal for 2024 more than anyone in CFB. As of today *22* transfers inbound....next highest is Indiana, a team going through a coaching change. Most UL media folks talk as if they want several more. Even Colorado is only at 18 now. UL's Rivals HS ranking is 57th with 15 kids committed.

All the offseason 2023 talk was about Prime and his methods, was it ethical to build a CFB team from transfers, would it work. Obviously Brohm embraces this way of constructing a roster now. Will it work long term? Against ACC schedule, probably. Against UK and bowl opponents from SEC or Big 10 or Big 12? Prob not.

Reactions: WildcatforLife1965
Oh, it is just UL who is building a team from the portal for 2024 more than anyone in CFB. As of today *22* transfers inbound....next highest is Indiana, a team going through a coaching change. Most UL media folks talk as if they want several more. Even Colorado is only at 18 now. UL's Rivals HS ranking is 57th with 15 kids committed.

All the offseason 2023 talk was about Prime and his methods, was it ethical to build a CFB team from transfers, would it work. Obviously Brohm embraces this way of constructing a roster now. Will it work long term? Against ACC schedule, probably. Against UK and bowl opponents from SEC or Big 10 or Big 12? Prob not.
He lost at least 18 players to the portal. It’s crazy when you look at it. The one thing the portal doesn’t do for a team is build familiarity and a sense of team. With it being a business nowadays, you have to wonder about the team concept. Guys are no longer playing for the team but themselves. Not in every instance, but is it enough to add up to a winning program.

Reactions: The-Hack
I think Brohm is doing it the right way. I’d rather have a 22 yr old kid with experience if only for one or 2 years than a useless 18 yr old that is going to get unhappy real quick and bolt because he can’t crack 2 deep. We need more help in portal

This is a whole new era, guess we will see what happens to teams that emphasize portal transfers to build a 2 deep depth chart over developing HS kids.

UK wouldn't have beaten UL last Nov if not for high school signees Barion Brown and JJ Weaver

I heard somewhere where uofl is one of the top few teams in the country for portal transfers
Top taker of transfers. 20 last year. 22 so far this year. That is even with Colorado. Our transfers are higher ranked but we have taken 9 I believe.

Keep in mind 20 guys left UL. They had to raid the portal to field a team in 2024.

How many of this year's batch of portals to Louisville last beyond 2024?

Uofl had no depth the last several years. The only way to build fast depth is the portal. I despise uofl but Brohm needs to do this. It's a smart move.

Penn St just flipped a corner portal commit from Louisville. Via Florida.

UL crushing it in the porta!!@#!

Yeah....they had to. Or couldn't field a team in 2024

Kind of interesting to see other UK 2024 opponents also having such high turnover...S Carolina, Florida, Georgia

Louisville has 21 portal incoming transfers now. That is not a sustainable model for building a team

It likely helped them win 10 games last season, as their starting QB and tailback were both portal additions, along with many others.

IMHO, this degree of reliance on the portal can break one way or another: have a TCU run with huge additions, or pick a few bad apples, and see your program take a serious hit.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT