ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Allen says he didn't come to UK because of Pitino

Princecal

Freshman
Dec 3, 2020
Said it was always Pitino above everything else. Told a story about him on an official visit with Mashburn showing him around and they go to Pitino's restaurant he owned(maybe still does) and that Pitino was off by himself and Ray said he and another player joke that if it was Calhoun that he would've been there bringing them their food and everything.

Reactions: CGblue
Said it was always Pitino above everything else. Told a story about him on an official visit with Mashburn showing him around and they go to Pitino's restaurant he owned(maybe still does) and that Pitino was off by himself and Ray said he and another player joke that if it was Calhoun that he would've been there bringing them their food and everything.

Considering some of the past articles that have been written about Calhoun's recruiting, I have to wonder what "and everything" means?

Also, have any other prominent names said that they didn't attend UK because of Pitino? Or, is this just the exception?

Considering some of the past articles that have been written about Calhoun's recruiting, I have to wonder what "and everything" means?

Also, have any other prominent names said that they didn't attend UK because of Pitino? Or, is this just the exception?
You have to be really careful about slamming someone else for "and everything" when it comes to recruiting and Pitino.

Pretty sure Pitino's "and everything" in recruiting is some of the worst ever.

You have to be really careful about slamming someone else for "and everything" when it comes to recruiting and Pitino.

Serious question: How much of what Pitino's "and everything" was when he was at UK. I am not defending him or burying my head in the sand but am asking what he did while he was here that was known? I know what Calhoun was doing and I also know that he was hated by the other coaches in his conference for his schenanigans.

• Haha
Reactions: Wright2007
Snoop Dogg Lol GIF

To each is own but I will always believe it was Jurich that orchestrated all that cheating. Jurich gave his football coach an order to recruit both Willy Williams and that kid from TCU that beat up his girlfriend. Kregthorpe didn’t want them after cleaning up Petrinos first mess. Jurich ordered him to offer a scholarship. Williams is now doing life for murder. Pitino may have turned his head, but make no mistake. Tom Jurich was the epitome of win at all cost. He was Pitinos boss? What are you gonna do when you boss orders you to cheat?? Quit? Or turn your head? Now his personal problems he’s gotta own.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
And he was never able to recruit again after that. :/
1993...UK got Sheppard and Epps
1994...UK got Antoine Walker, Padgett, Allen Edwards
1995...UK got Wayne Turner, Ron Mercer, Nazr and Oliver Simmons

I'd say Rick able to get his Plan A and Plan B guys pretty regularly after Ray Allen.

But Ray Allen was nasty in college.

Final year scored 23 pts a game, 47%FG and whopping 46% 3pt...6 boards, 3 assists and nearly 2 steals a game. Incredible SG

1993...UK got Sheppard and Epps
1994...UK got Antoine Walker, Padgett, Allen Edwards
1995...UK got Wayne Turner, Ron Mercer, Nazr and Oliver Simmons

I'd say Rick able to get his Plan A and Plan B guys pretty regularly after Ray Allen.

But Ray Allen was nasty in college.

Final year scored 23 pts a game, 47%FG and whopping 46% 3pt...6 boards, 3 assists and nearly 2 steals a game. Incredible SG
I saw him in a high school holiday tournament. Best high school shooter I ever saw.

Wow - talk about news about nothing. Usually the coach is one of the biggest reasons any player goes anywhere.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I see why Wojo is in your avatar; the two of you seem very similar in your dramatics.
You just can't the the "L", I see, and keep following me around Sorry I exposed your hypocrisy.

I mean you said anybody that called a person a Loser was sure to be a loser themself and then a quick 1 minute search of your posting history showed you calling @HenryMuto a "F%#ing loser".

It's not my fault that you're all hat and no cattle...... a self-proclamined emperor with no clothes. Thanks for the biggest laugh (you) I've had here. See ya around. No need to converse with an empty suit.

Last edited:
Pitino was never anywhere close to as good a recruiter as Cal. But the dude could coach and prepare a team.

He obviously had issues, no getting around that. If you are not a forgiving sort, he will always be a liar and an adulterer above all else. If you are a forgiving type, he is probably worming his way back into the Kentucky Basketball Family with his recent support of Pope!

I believe in redemption. So, he is worming his way back in for me. I can certainly understand those who will never forgive him.

Pitino was never anywhere close to as good a recruiter as Cal. But the dude could coach and prepare a team.

He obviously had issues, no getting around that. If you are not a forgiving sort, he will always be a liar and an adulterer above all else. If you are a forgiving type, he is probably worming his way back into the Kentucky Basketball Family with his recent support of Pope!

I believe in redemption. So, he is worming his way back in for me. I can certainly understand those who will never forgive him.
Yeah but Pitino is one of the 1,000 Trillionaire’s in this country. 🤣

Reactions: NociHTTP
The restaurant was called Bravo Pitino
I still have lasagna from there in my freezer

Allen wasn't a top 25 kid and he wasn't a Mickey D other. No one saw his explosion coming once he went to UConn.

That said, Pitino ended up with some kid named Jeff Sheppard instead, who only helped us win two national titles while he was here. Meanwhile, Allen never went to a Final Four in three seasons at UConn.

Curse that Rick Pitino!

You just can't the the "L", I see, and keep following me around Sorry I exposed your hypocrisy.

I mean you said anybody that called a person a Loser was sure to be a loser themself and then a quick 1 minute search of your posting history showed you calling @HenryMuto a "F%#ing loser".

It's not my fault that you're all hat and no cattle...... a self-proclamined emperor with no clothes. Thanks for the biggest laugh (you) I've had here. See ya around. No need to converse with an empty suit.
You’re a strange cat 😂

To each is own but I will always believe it was Jurich that orchestrated all that cheating. Jurich gave his football coach an order to recruit both Willy Williams and that kid from TCU that beat up his girlfriend. Kregthorpe didn’t want them after cleaning up Petrinos first mess. Jurich ordered him to offer a scholarship. Williams is now doing life for murder. Pitino may have turned his head, but make no mistake. Tom Jurich was the epitome of win at all cost. He was Pitinos boss? What are you gonna do when you boss orders you to cheat?? Quit? Or turn your head? Now his personal problems he’s gotta own.
Jurich was horrible but pretty sure Pitino ran all things basketball.

Restaurant sightings of Pitino can go worse than him off by himself. 🍆💦

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT