ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the overall strength of SEC East programs

Based on what? How do you make the determination that one coordinator was better than the other when they coached opposite sides of the ball? What criteria are you using to come to that conclusion?

Having said that, I had hoped UT would hire Mullen, but when UF fired McIlwein it was pretty obvious Uf would be his obvious choice. UF got a very good coach and I think it turned out just fine for UT.
Pruitt had top 8 defenses at FSU, UGA and Bama. He’s improved every single defense he’s touched. Did it under two offense first HCs. I could’ve coached QBs under Meyer for Christ sakes.

]
Oh, I knew what his point was. He was just downgrading UT's current recruiting because some of the recruits are "low 3*s", and my point was that I can easily say the same about 3 of the 4 UK commits also being :lowly 3*s", and that he would be the first to say that is because Stoops can find those gems no one else sees.

And I am not knocking that. I agree that Stoops has indeed done a good job of getting guys like Josh Allen. My point was really just a poke at jauk for knocking some of the UT recruits when the UK class is pretty much loaded with the same lower rated 3*s.

UK's class hasn't even started yet, and yours is half way there, seven of your nine three stars are middle of the pack 5.6s or lower. No one in the SEC should be celebrating signing 5.6s due to their rating, MAYBE underrated but no one knows yet. Go to Bama's, Georgia"s, Florida's classes and see how many three stars they sign, and how many of them are 5.6s. Much better chance a 5.7 is a player than a 5.6.

]

UK's class hasn't even started yet, and yours is half way there, seven of your nine three stars are middle of the pack 5.6s or lower. No one in the SEC should be celebrating signing 5.6s due to their rating, MAYBE underrated but no one knows yet. Go to Bama's, Georgia"s, Florida's classes and see how many three stars they sign, and how many of them are 5.6s. Much better chance a 5.7 is a player than a 5.6.
We can sign all those 5.6s and probably still blow y’all out. Not all will end up in the class. Not all will stay a 5.6. Big reason why y’all couldn’t pull Jimmy Callaway. UK acted like they were too good for him until he got that 4th star.

Lol ok. You should probably tell him that.

Why would he have to, isn't it pretty obvious. And that recruit you were so jubilant on getting his rating isn't just a three star, he is a run of the mill 5.6 three star. In fact SEVEN of your three stars are run of the mill 5.6s, along with a 5.5,

Go over to the real competitions recruiting classes and brag, Florida has the same number of commits as you, 13, but only three three stars, and all three are 5.7s, The other TEN are four stars, with one being a five star. Georgia has ONE three star, a 5.7, with the others being four stars with one five star.

I would say right now both UK's and Thug U's (and you EARNED that name with the EIGHT thugs that ganged up on TWO different people in one night sending one to the hospital with NO ONE CHARGED with even disturbing the peace-----among a lot more outrages) chances of catching either one of the east's super recruiting schools is in SPOTTING and DEVELOPING overlooked talent, and I think UK has a MUCH more proven record there. Two of UK's 5.6 recruits are OL, not unusual for them to be underrated, the third is a home state QB, and the fourth is a 5.7, and I like 5.7s. UK's class hasn't even started yet, understandable with the virus.

UK is being noticed, getting the TWO 6.0 transfers to come to UK is proof of that. We have gone from no QBs to a crowded room, and the same with the DBs, with 6.0s added to both..

Last edited:
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Pruitt had top 8 defenses at FSU, UGA and Bama. He’s improved every single defense he’s touched. Did it under two offense first HCs. I could’ve coached QBs under Meyer for Christ sakes.

LOL

Does that mean he missed at ND and OSU, you mean he didn't coach there? What kind of defense's did Stoop's have at FSU, how many pro draft choices? Yeah, really amazing that Pruitt had good defenses at both FSU and Bama, Georgia State liked his defense too.

Last edited:
]

I agree, and I don't celebrate recruiting classes in April. I will definitely celebrate a big time commit, but then the downside is you have to sweat the next 7-8 months hoping he sticks. UT certainly has just had 3 good days of recruiting, but I neither get overly excited, or overly worried, about a class this far out from ESD.

LOL

Does that mean he missed at ND and OSU, you mean he didn't coach there? What kind of defense's did Stoop's have at FSU, how many pro draft choices? And both
Wild that Pruitt was able to make that defense at FSU into a national title contender and the top defense in the country.

Why would he have to, isn't it pretty obvious. And that recruit you were so jubilant on getting his rating isn't just a three star, he is a run of the mill 5.6 three star. In fact SEVEN of your three stars are run of the mill 5.6s, along with a 5.5,

Go over to the real competitions recruiting classes and brag, Florida has the same number of commits as you, 13, but only three three stars, and all three are 5.7s, The other TEN are four stars, with one being a five star. Georgia has ONE three star, a 5.7, with the others being four stars with one five star.

I would say right now both UK's and Thug U's (and you EARNED that name with the EIGHT thugs that ganged up on TWO different people in one night sending one to the hospital with NO ONE CHARGED with even disturbing the peace-----among a lot more outrages) chances of catching either one of the east's super recruiting schools is in SPOTTING and DEVELOPING overlooked talent, and I think UK has a MUCH more proven record there. Two of UK's 5.6 recruits are OL, not unusual for them to be underrated, the third is a home state QB, and the fourth is a 5.7, and I like 5.7s. UK's class hasn't even started yet, understandable with the virus.

UK is being noticed, getting the TWO 6.0 transfers to come to UK is proof of that. We have gone from no QBs to a crowded room, and the same with the DBs, with 6.0s added to both..
You keep bringing up stuff that’s so old, I’m 30 and don’t remember. I mean Tennessee got some good transfers too. Hell they got another 4 star to WALK ON at WR.

We can sign all those 5.6s and probably still blow y’all out. Not all will end up in the class. Not all will stay a 5.6. Big reason why y’all couldn’t pull Jimmy Callaway. UK acted like they were too good for him until he got that 4th star.

Right, you do kick a lot of them to the curb. .

And you really didn't want the five star second best DL in the class last year. Okey Dokey.

Last edited:
You keep bringing up stuff that’s so old, I’m 30 and don’t remember. I mean Tennessee got some good transfers too. Hell they got another 4 star to WALK ON at WR.

IF you got a four star to walk on:

He doesn't need money.

His Dad coaches at Thug U.

He gets a tremendous discount (already dirt cheap) from the "Orange Pride", now not just under the covers in deed but also officially.

He is too dumb to qualify at any other school.

It has to be one of those dumb excuses.

By the way,, how is this for old news, the two 6.0 transfers are so much old news they haven't played a down at UK yet, neither eligible until this year, now Gatewood will be hopefully with the new transfer rule.

Last edited:
Wild that Pruitt was able to make that defense at FSU into a national title contender and the top defense in the country.

Yes, and he didn't have any help at all, LOL.

When Stoops was there they were ranked 90th in the nation in 09, and finished up third and fifth in the NATION in 11 and 12, before he left for UK and Pruitt took over the defense. And EIGHT of the players on Stoops defense in 12 played in the NFL.

So yeah, tell me about how lousy they were on defense when he took over from Stoops.

Or maybe you were confused with how they were when Stoops took over.

Last edited:

Weird, looks like he only caught one pass for 13 yards before his senior year at Thug U. I don't remember UK recruiting him. Did his dirty play hurt his draft status, or did they expect that from a Thug U player?

Last edited:
Weird, looks like he only caught one pass for 13 yards before his senior year at Thug U. I don't remember UK recruiting him. Did his dirty play hurt his draft status, or did they expect that from a Thug U player?
What are you talking about? Callaway was a Senior in HS. One of the best in GA. Y’all wanted him bad. Tried selling him on being the next Lynn Bowden. He laughed and said no thanks.

What are you talking about? Callaway was a Senior in HS. One of the best in GA. Y’all wanted him bad. Tried selling him on being the next Lynn Bowden. He laughed and said no thanks.

What are you talking about, pretty plain I was talking about catching one pass his junior year at Thug U, at least that is what one blurb said. I hope he was a senior in high school at one time, although with your school you never know for sure. Never heard of him before recently, did you hear him laugh in person, how was his laugh? And he doesn't strike me as the type to say no thanks, no maybe, what did he say when the film caught his dirty play and they suspended him for a half posthumously, so to speak.

That was pretty unusual wasn't it, you guys might have to change conferences by the time it is all over with.

Last edited:
What are you talking about, pretty plain I was talking about catching one pass his junior year at Thug U, at least that is what one blurb said. I hope he was a senior in high school at one time, although with your school you never know for sure. Never heard of him before recently, did you hear him laugh in person, how was his laugh? And he doesn't strike me as the type to say no thanks, no maybe, what did he say when the film caught his dirty play and they suspended him for a half posthumously, so to speak.

That was pretty unusual wasn't it, you guys might have to change conferences by the time it is all over with.
Lay off the 1776 buddy. It’s a sipping bourbon. Not chugging.

Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong again. It's possible Callaway turns out to be good, but to say he was one of the best in GA is quite a stretch. Downs and Capers are considerably better at just his position. And he's actually the one that talked openly about visiting UK, while he was still committed to UT. lol You have it all backwards.

Reactions: jauk11
Hate to break it to you, but you're wrong again. It's possible Callaway turns out to be good, but to say he was one of the best in GA is quite a stretch. Downs and Capers are considerably better at just his position. And he's actually the one that talked openly about visiting UK, while he was still committed to UT. lol You have it all backwards.
He visited and they were trying to sell him on being the new Lynn Bowden and he said no thanks and stated he’d stick with Tennessee.

He will likely climb. Like Jimmy Callaway and Roman Harrison did. Pruitt was one of the first to be on both.

Pruitt was one of the first on Calloway when, two years before he became the coach at Thug U? He had an offer from Bama?

Downs is a completely different style WR than Calloway too. He’s like a buck 50. Would never last in an SEC schedule. The only WR I would’ve taken in Georgia that we didn’t get was Capers.

Pruitt was one of the first on Calloway when, two years before he became the coach at Thug U? He had an offer from Bama?
Pruitt got here a full two years before Calloway signed. He was a lowly three star that you hate despite taking a lot of them.

Tennessee is plucking talent from Georgia, Alabama and Florida as we speak. A program is only as good as its last coach and AD. Florida is desirable for talent but Frost passed it up for Nebraska in the boonies because their ADs are cheap. You’re right about the talent they have access too but they’re last in a lot of circles in terms of facilities. Their team bus under Foley, the last AD, looked like they bought it off Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1977.

And I thought Frost to Nebraska was a "coming home" story.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but ALL of the SEC programs are getting the huge bonanza from SEC football now, even UK, and Florida was never hurting, they are upgrading football now. I read in an article that Thug U spent most of their huge recruiting budget on ONE sport, and guess which one. Now there isn't the huge gap in football recruiting budgets between UK and Thug U, yours was over a million in 2010 while UK's was barely over $300K, check them now. UK recently borrowed $200,000,000 on athletics good name to upgrade facilities, and the profs let them spend most of the money on football, lol. mitch OKed athletics to borrow $60,000,000 of it to give to academics, can you imagine that ever happening in Knoxville?.

Pruitt got here a full two years before Calloway signed. He was a lowly three star that you hate despite taking a lot of them.

The only players that did more for UK football than three stars while Brooks was here was probably the two stars he found. And that is a sad fact. But, the times they are a changing.

Interesting, Pruitt got there in 2014?

And he was getting paid by FSU and Bama some of those years, I wonder if they heard about that.

The only players that did more for UK football than three stars while Brooks was here was probably the two stars he found. And that is a sad fact. But, the times they are a changing.

Interesting, Pruitt got there in 2014?

And he was getting paid by FSU and Bama some of those years, I wonder if they heard about that.
I think you think Jimmy Calloway is Jauan Jennings.

Downs measured in at 5-9 at his opening regional. Hyatt at 6 foot. Hyatt ran nearly 2/10ths of a second faster too. He also averaged about 300 yards a season more on varsity.

What are you talking about? Downs won Fastest Man at the Opening. He ran the fastest laser timed 40 of any WR. Then he beat the fastest timed DB. You said he was too light. They're almost the exact same build. One was ESPN300, Rivals100 and a composite top 100 player in his class. The other one wasn't. But please tell me again about your WR room. "Calloway is the best WR in GA."..."Hyatt averaged 300 yards more in varsity."..."Calloway didn't want to be the next Lynn Bowden."...Such a homer [laughing].

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Downs won Fastest Man at the Opening. He ran the fastest laser timed 40 of any WR. Then he beat the fastest timed DB. You said he was too light. They're almost the exact same build. One was ESPN300, Rivals100 and a composite top 100 player in his class. The other one wasn't. But please tell me again about your WR room. "Calloway is the best WR in GA."..."Hyatt averaged 300 yards more in varsity."..."Calloway didn't want to be the next Lynn Bowden."...Such a homer [laughing].
That’s not true. He was the fastest at his specific regional. The opening has his laser time online as a 4.47. They have Hyatt’s as a 4.31.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
You guys need to know some things about Navyguy44. He goes to other team's pay sites and gets a subscription and poses as a fan of other schools. He created one for our site, was banned for attacking our program, then created another account trying to get access to premium content.

As for as Calloway goes, never heard of him until this thread, but this guy is saying they didn't miss on a WR from Ga? How soon he forgets Aric Gilbert who the Vols were recruiting as a WR. Pruitt is a good coach, but on the recruiting trail he is known as the king of finishing number 2 when it comes to signing a recruit.

The thing that haunts every UT fan is this. If Pruitt is all they are claiming he is and actually gets a winning streak going against anyone, when Saban retires and their top choices tell them no, and they call Pruitt, he will make Kiffin's departure look like a tough decision. There will be a trail of convict orange clothing thrown out the window from UT to Bama.

You guys need to know some things about Navyguy44. He goes to other team's pay sites and gets a subscription and poses as a fan of other schools. He created one for our site, was banned for attacking our program, then created another account trying to get access to premium content.

As for as Calloway goes, never heard of him until this thread, but this guy is saying they didn't miss on a WR from Ga? How soon he forgets Aric Gilbert who the Vols were recruiting as a WR. Pruitt is a good coach, but on the recruiting trail he is known as the king of finishing number 2 when it comes to signing a recruit.

The thing that haunts every UT fan is this. If Pruitt is all they are claiming he is and actually gets a winning streak going against anyone, when Saban retires and their top choices tell them no, and they call Pruitt, he will make Kiffin's departure look like a tough decision. There will be a trail of convict orange clothing thrown out the window from UT to Bama.

Dang.

And there will probably be some Thug U fans following the trail and picking up all that Puke Orange. Finally, they will be doing something good for the environment.

I just realized that Wilson got hurt against E Michigan , only the second game, and Sawyer Smith played the next 3 games. My bad, but it does show my point : comparing ky's first 5 games w the next 7 w Bowden starting - ky was much improved on offense : more explosive plays, more points per game , more 1st downs, more yards per game , etc. Look up the stats ! Lastly to one more point - this was against teams knowing what ky was doing ( ie stacking the box) - very impressive. Makes the Vols really look good in that last goal line stand , against the best running attack in the conference, don't ya think ?

Not at all, shows that you knew it was a run and gambled on it, unfortunately your gamble worked.

You act like onside kicks benefit the kicking team. It was executed perfectly. Hell those PAC12 refs watched the video for about 6 minutes trying to give it to Indiana. We shut down most teams passing abilities when we were healthy. Triple option-esque offenses gave us issues. I think we had the ball for like 12 minutes against y’all and scored more points. Imagine if it was split more evenly like the year before with Wilson at QB.

BS, the refs tried to give the kick to Indiana, they took all that time because the kick was that close. And what a stupid remark, if onside kicks didn't benefit the kicking team why would there ever be one? Why did you try it there, because you were desperate.

Your act is getting awfully old, what a jerk, go home if you have one.

Last edited:
I think you think Jimmy Calloway is Jauan Jennings.

Sorry I don't make it a habit of keeping up with your cheaters, I do know you had two decent receivers, I think both graduate. Well, at least they run out of eligibility.

BS, the refs tried to give the kick to Indiana, they took all that time because the kick was that close. And what a stupid remark, if onside kicks didn't benefit the kicking team why would there ever be one? Why did you try it there, because you were desperate.

Your act is getting awfully old, what a jerk, go home if you have one.
If it benefitted the kicking team, why wouldn’t kicking teams do it all the time.

Says the fanbase who tweeted threats to Darnell Wright’s coach because you got this notion that he was blocking him from visiting other schools despite the fact Wright visited UNC and WVU. And Fulmer just kept Rick Barnes from going to his dream school. I’m sure he can figure out how to do it with Pruitt.

Anyways...I'm not getting in a pissing match over recruiting in April as a guest on another board where I like everyone.

Here's how I view the SEC east:

1. Georgia - Loaded. We'll see if they can turn it into anything, but not really up for debate as division favorites just about every year until someone starts beating them regularly

2. Florida - They have Brewster, now, and should start to accumulate more talent. Decent enough staff I feel like. Should challenge Georgia

3. Tennessee - I would put them here temporarily because they continue to beat their nearest challenger. Recruiting must improve in order for them to beat the teams ahead of them on a consistent basis and I just don't see that happening right now

4. Kentucky - They would be third in my book had they beat the Vols last year. I do feel like they are in the process of surpassing Tennessee. Stoops is simply a better coach in my opinion and has a better eye for talent. Recruiting is close enough to make this a toss up

5. South Carolina - Champ can recruit but is not on the same level as a coach and this class is off to a slow start. I feel like once the talent starts running thin...he's probably done. Make or break year?

6. Missouri - Honestly, I don't know much about them. They beat the Gamecocks last year but I feel like that was more so an opportunistic win. Not sure they recruit on a high enough level to move them up. They're also going through some staff changes so wait and see

7. Vanderbilt - Just not enough talent. Not sure what else to say. Great school
How can Stoops be a better coach than Pruitt. His best team lost to a not very good UT team and then lost last year to a UT playing a one handed QB in the 2nd half? Not only that but he has a 2 - 19 record against UGA, UF and UT. Only thing that has helped him is that UK does not draw an UA, AU,LSU or TA&M like the some other East division teams do.

Not sure about Mailbag comments that KY has the better roster mix vs UT.
If rivals recruiting matters.
UT. Uk
2018. 20. 30
2019. 13. 30
2020. 7. 22
2021. 6. 49. As of today.

How can Stoops be a better coach than Pruitt. His best team lost to a not very good UT team and then lost last year to a UT playing a one handed QB in the 2nd half? Not only that but he has a 2 - 19 record against UGA, UF and UT. Only thing that has helped him is that UK does not draw an UA, AU,LSU or TA&M like the some other East division teams do.

Stoops does more with less. You guys had like 30+ four stars and a handful of five stars last year. Pruitt can recruit...but can he coach? And, honestly, there is some truth to him finishing second a lot on the recruiting trail.

Stoops does more with less. You guys had like 30+ four stars and a handful of five stars last year. Pruitt can recruit...but can he coach? And, honestly, there is some truth to him finishing second a lot on the recruiting trail.
UGA coming off of 12-2 beat us on some dudes. Good for them. That’s how it’s supposed to be. Pruitt landed a 7th ranked class. He finished first for a lot too. UGA never loses a recruit. They either didn’t want him or we paid more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT