ADVERTISEMENT

Quickley on Zion and Johnson

JFCats22

All-American
Feb 3, 2015
“He said it was even better in person. He liked it a lot,” said Quickley, who has spent months selling Williamson on their connection from the Adidas AAU circuit and as roommates at several international events. “I think in the end it’ll work. I think Kentucky fits him and I know he liked the visit, so I think it’ll work.”

“I’ve been talking to Keldon a lot. He says he likes Kentucky a lot, too, so hopefully I can get him to come with me,” Quickley said. “I think Kentucky is definitely his leader.”

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...quickley-talks-zion-williamson-keldon-johnson

“He said it was even better in person. He liked it a lot,” said Quickley, who has spent months selling Williamson on their connection from the Adidas AAU circuit and as roommates at several international events. “I think in the end it’ll work. I think Kentucky fits him and I know he liked the visit, so I think it’ll work.”

“I’ve been talking to Keldon a lot. He says he likes Kentucky a lot, too, so hopefully I can get him to come with me,” Quickley said. “I think Kentucky is definitely his leader.”

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...quickley-talks-zion-williamson-keldon-johnson
Quickley, Zion, Johnson and Bol Bol. Maybe one of two more.

I think a lot of these kids who played on an Adidas AAU team will steer far away from going to any Adidas school until this FBI investigation is long over. In other words, I like our chances with Zion and any other top 5-stars who are currently on an Adidas-sponsored AAU team. :)

Hot dayum...

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I really wish they'd let the kids speak for themselves and stop asking IQ about them. It puts him in a weird spot.
Not me, the uncommitted recruit always gives the same boring response “yeah, fans were great, had a good time, just gonna sit down with my family and make the best decision for me.”

I don’t think it hurts to have IQ talking about their recruitment and he’s more likely to say something of interest

Not me, the uncommitted recruit always gives the same boring response “yeah, fans were great, had a good time, just gonna sit down with my family and make the best decision for me.”

I don’t think it hurts to have IQ talking about their recruitment and he’s more likely to say something of interest

AND, he may be wrong but I don't think he'd play with the BBN's emotions...

Reactions: jrpross
I really wish they'd let the kids speak for themselves and stop asking IQ about them. It puts him in a weird spot.
I hadn't thought about that angle before (too greedy) but it's a good point. If he makes it sound like the other kid is more interested than he really is and then the other kid hears it---we and IQ lose. If says dead on what the other kid feels and then the other kid hears it and feels like IQ stole his thunder---we and IQ lose. Not saying we'd necessarily lose the recruit, but losing even a little ground is not something good.

True those aren't the only possibilities. But they're both plausible, and on the other side of things none of the outcomes that don't hurt are very likely to help us. It's kind of like, whenever anybody asks him one of those questions, any other schools involved are playing with house money.

Quickley, Zion, Johnson and Bol Bol. Maybe one of two more.

That's what I am hoping for.

Those four in the Spring would be great. Then probably add a multiyear guy or two.

Add Grimes to that Fall class and we are set. We will get a handful of guys back to give us a really deep and talented team built around Wiliiamson and Bol.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Ye Haw. Go get them IQ. Love me some IQ. He be all about UK. I'm all about UK. You are all about UK. UK is all about UK. RP and loserville, Roy and UNC are all about cheating. Bunch of SOAB. Hee Haw Hee Haw.

ADVERTISEMENT