ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Do we have a legitimate shot for Cameron Reddish?

It will be interesting to see how Cal uses Langford and Reddish during the U19 games. If he can successfully use them together, that might go a long way in landing both.

Also, look for these guys to wait and see what Cal does with Diallo and Knox. If they both end up as lottery picks (as expected) then Langford and Reddish can be sold on achieving the same thing together.

A lot can happen before these guys sign, whether it be in the Fall or Spring.

I am hoping they dominate in the U19 games together. Hopefully, they see how well they compliment each other and both decide for UK.

I would be tickled to see Cal pull in all four of the guys that made the U19 team.

Those four plus a couple of bigs from Bagley, Bol, Williamson, M.Brown, J.Brown, and Reid.

G Quickley
G Langford
G Reddish
F Bagley
F Bol

With Gilgeous-Alexander, Baker, King, Killeya-Jones, and Wynyard off the bench.

That's probably the best team we could realistically hope for.

Reactions: EclipsingYou
Man, I hope you are right, bucs. That'd be a team for the ages. Right up there with 2012 and 2014 in terms of talent. You are talking about a starting line up with 4 of the top 5-6 probable NBA Draft picks!

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Man, I hope you are right, bucs. That'd be a team for the ages. Right up there with 2012 and 2014 in terms of talent. You are talking about a starting line up with 4 of the top 5-6 probable NBA Draft picks!

Yep.

Highly unlikely, though.

Personally, I think we get three top 10 guys.

I think we get Quickley. Cal isn't actively recruiting another PG, as far as I know (Smart seems to be on the back burner).

I think we probably get one superstar big man (Bagley, Bol, or Williamson hopefully).

Then one superstar scorer on the wing (Reddish, Langford, or Barrett).

Then add King.

Then we get some guys back. Washington and/or Gabriel. Plus SKJ, SGA, Baker, and Wynyard. I don't think we get Green back, especially if Cal locks up Quickley.

G Quickley
G Langford, Reddish, or Barrett
F Washington or Gabriel
F Gabriel or Killeya-Jones
F Bagley, Bol, or Wiliamson

I would be psyched about that team.

since coach cal has gotten here one thing is for sure and he has proved time after time after time again.....is that I NEVER COUNT OUT A RECRUIT not coming here period.
I'm pretty sure I know what you meant..... but I have no idea what this means.

Langford and Reddish together as guards, at that size, and both so good handling, shooting, scoring, etc would be so interesting to see. Quickley at the 1 and these two on the wings. At times, Langford or Reddish running the point.

I agree 100%. Langford and Reddish together would be unfair to the rest of ncaa basketball.

I just have my doubts that any of those 3 elite volume scoring wings end up at the same school (Langford, Reddish, Barrett).

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

I agree 100%. Langford and Reddish together would be unfair to the rest of ncaa basketball.

I just have my doubts that any of those 3 elite volume scoring wings end up at the same school (Langford, Reddish, Barrett).

Typically I would agree and a ton depends on who returns. I think Cal coaching USA will.lead to even more elite level top 10 guys and thats crazy. I think Cal will really go hard after this class also because if things.fall right we could look at a 2012,2015 type group.

The shooter will go to Duke. The athlete will go to Kentucky. That's how you figure out which players we get, and which we don't.

I'm just so scared of Duke no way we have a legit shot with them involved. I mean if a player is supposedly going to Duke, Cal should roll over and give up. No way that a legit SF would consider us if they could go to Duke. The playing time at Duke at SF is just way more open, no chance for him. If the kid has a good relationship with Coach K, it's over. This guy could be the next Jayson Tatum, no way he comes to UK when he could fill that role.

We'll see how the next month shakes out.

We beat out Duke for Green and Knox last year, but some kids are just put off by the whole Duke thing - Green certainly was - and I don't think Knox was feeling it either.

If you recall, Duke was Knox's first visit last year, and it was before the first signing date, so I think there may have been some push from Duke and his Dad to sign early. There was after all a huge open position waiting for him to replace Tatum.

Some kids love the whole Duke thing though. If your a super-smart kid like Wendell Carter, you love the nerd factor of the student body. If you're a kid raised by single Mom fighting for a better life, like Jayson Tatum, going to Duke and hanging with rich kids at an elite private university is a symbol that you've made it.

The fact that Reddish was leaning toward committing early isn't a good sign, but we'll see. A huge factor will be the Reddish/Barrett battle. I don't see them going to the same school, and I think UK has a better shot at the latter.

Will be good for us if they sign late, because I think Cal is going to pull off something special with the wealth of talent he has at the 2-3-4 position next year.

Does it look more like Langford & Barrett then... I mean is there no way in heck that we could get all 3 in a "position less" kind of offensive structure?

Thanks

AlohaCat

What's the quality of this class in general? Is it like 2016 where there were several elite level difference makers in the top 7-8? Or closer to 2017 where there's a steep drop off after the top 2-3?

What's the quality of this class in general? Is it like 2016 where there were several elite level difference makers in the top 7-8? Or closer to 2017 where there's a steep drop off after the top 2-3?

Good question....There are a lot of guys on here that can answer that...I'd like to know as well....

AlohaCat

The word is the class is elite as far as the Top 6 or so guys, with a big drop off after that.

I don't know what the odds are, but with Cal being Kentucky's head basketball coach, I like them as much as any school in the country. I know many think this kid is a lock for Duke and it might be true, but it might not. During Knox's recruitment, every time a Kentucky fan wanted to dream about adding Knox to Kentucky's roster all we heard from most following Knox's recruitment was forget about it, ain't happening. Kid is either UNC or Duke. Knox picked Kentucky. This kid is a future star and if Cal wants to coach this kid, when it's time to decide, you have to think at this point that Cal has as good of a shot at signing the kid than any coach in the college game.

The word is the class is elite as far as the Top 6 or so guys, with a big drop off after that.
Gotta disagree with those who believe that.

Those people are saying that Naz, Quickley, Smart, Shittu, Moses Brown, Porter (some examples) are just "ok" ?

Definitely not the case.

Reddish is quite the talented young man, but if any two of Vanderbilt, Knox, or Washington leave, give me Williamson and Louis King. King is underrated in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT