ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Do we have a legitimate shot for Cameron Reddish?

Zion will be the big time SF we land and he is rated higher or the same by all. He is a different type of SF but Reddish seems to be a Dukie all the way. Thats people say on the boards at least who knows? We could sign a 2nd SF like Moore as we will need to replace both Knox and JV . That this class has guys like Zion, Bagley , Bol Bol all in the same class and UK will get 2 at worst of those 3 is just crazy. Those 3 are #1 overall type players many years and they all are in the same class. Don't pay much attention to Reddish though he is badass due to people saying he is Duke bound.

Reactions: HICATFAN
Supposed to be headed to Duke but spending time under Cal on the U19 team and the possibility of a UK package with teammate King could change the way he looks at things.

RJ Barrett and Reddish most likely won't be on the same team. Think we have better shot at Barrett than Reddish. Being a Canadian, Barrett is good friends with Shai Alexander and Jamal Murray.

if Barret does not reclassify then i think we get both Reddish and Romeo
Cal really wants both
if Barret does reclassify i think we will get 2 of 3 of them in some combination

I think we get one of Reddish, Langford, or Barrett (assuming he reclassifies) to be our primary wing scorer next season.

Hoping we can get two of the three, but I feel pretty good about getting one.

Who knows? I'd have told you we had no shot at Bam Adebayo and Kevin Knox.

He's a hell of a player wherever he ends up. I'd rank them Barrett, Reddish, Zion, but they're all probably top 10 draft picks in two years. You take any and all of them that you can get.

I think Barrett and Reddish are more 3s that can play some 1-2, where as Zion is 3 that may fit better as a 4.

Duke is the lazy default option by “experts” who infer that K will land any wing forward he wants.

And then Kevin Knox happened.

Reddish to UK shouldn't surprise anyone if it happens.

I think we think way too much, don't you think?. I think jwe will get someone that is really, really, really good, don't you think? I think Cal will work his magic like he always does and we will get all the 5 stars we need to replace the 5 stars we lose to the NBA. I think if I had to guess and think about it that we will get Q, B, Z at the least, I think. I don't like to think I like to know but at this point all we can do is think, because we don't really know what Cal is thinking, I think. What do you think about all of this thinking. My head hurts. I'm going to take a sleeping pill, go to bed and think about it in my dreams. Now that I think about it I think I will first take a swim, drink some beer and trust in Cal. I know he knows best about what to think about it all.

Supposed to be headed to Duke but spending time under Cal on the U19 team and the possibility of a UK package with teammate King could change the way he looks at things.

Hard to beat a school that named their basketball arena after the recruit.

Honestly, I do not see much chance at all of Langford, Reddish, and Barrett playing together at any school.

Getting 1 out of 3 is probably the best any team can hope for. Since I'd ranking them #4, #5, and #6 in the 2018 class, it comes down to your personal preference.

All 3 project to play the same position in the NBA and are volume scorers on the wing. By playing together, I think it would hurt either of the 3 players overall potential. UK should be more than thrilled to land any one of the 3 along with Bol, Bagley, Quickley, Reed, and King being likely signees as if right now. Along with players like Jordan Brown, Moses Brown, Khavon Moore, Jaedon Ladee, Zion Williamson, and JaVonte Smart also being 5* players that I think UK could have a great shot at landing if Calipari makes them a priority.

Bol, Bagley, Quickley, King, and Reid appears to be who Calioari is looking at most and then will hope to land 1 of Langford/Reddish/Barrett. That's my guess as to Cal's plan at this point. Things change in recruiting sometimes from Day to day, though. J. Brown, M. Brown, Moore, LaDee, Zion, and Smart could replace any of those 6 and it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot.

Bol, Bagley, Quickley, Reid, King, and one of Langford/Reddish/Barrett looks like the current best case scenario, IMO.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always!

Honestly, I do not see much chance at all of Langford, Reddish, and Barrett playing together at any school.

Getting 1 out of 3 is probably the best any team can hope for. Since I'd ranking them #4, #5, and #6 in the 2018 class, it comes down to your personal preference.

All 3 project to play the same position in the NBA and are volume scorers on the wing. By playing together, I think it would hurt either of the 3 players overall potential. UK should be more than thrilled to land any one of the 3 along with Bol, Bagley, Quickley, Reed, and King being likely signees as if right now. Along with players like Jordan Brown, Moses Brown, Khavon Moore, Jaedon Ladee, Zion Williamson, and JaVonte Smart also being 5* players that I think UK could have a great shot at landing if Calipari makes them a priority.

Bol, Bagley, Quickley, King, and Reid appears to be who Calioari is looking at most and then will hope to land 1 of Langford/Reddish/Barrett. That's my guess as to Cal's plan at this point. Things change in recruiting sometimes from Day to day, though. J. Brown, M. Brown, Moore, LaDee, Zion, and Smart could replace any of those 6 and it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot.

Bol, Bagley, Quickley, Reid, King, and one of Langford/Reddish/Barrett looks like the current best case scenario, IMO.

You see us only getting one of Langford, Barrett and Reddish because they are all wings. I get that. Only so much room at the 2 and 3. Only so many shots. That's sound logic.

What I don't understand is that you expect us to get Bagley, Bol, and Reid? That's three stud big men. Wouldn't the same logic apply here as the above scenario? Especially considering we probably get a Junior Killeya-Jones, a Junior Wynyard, and possibly one of Gabriel and Washington back?

I agree with your logic with the wing players. But based on the same logic, I can't see us getting all those stud big men, especially if we expect any of our 4's and 5's back from this year's roster.

Not blasting or anything, just wondering why you think we are going to get three top 10-15 ranked big men?

Duke is the lazy default option by “experts” who infer that K will land any wing forward he wants.

And then Kevin Knox happened.

Reddish to UK shouldn't surprise anyone if it happens.

You're probably right about that at the SF position but we are the default pick for every other position. That may change after Knox but I'd agree with ya at the moment.

bucsrule, I see Reid and King as more "positionless" players that can play the 3-5 in certain situations. Bagley and Bol are top lottery NBA Draft type players that will start wherever they go. Much like us signing Richards, Washington, JV, and (Were trying) to sign Bamba this year, I see a similar situation when it comes to Bagley, Bol, King, and Reid in this current class.

If that answers your question about how signing so many big men makes sense, yet getting more than one volume scorer on the wing that is a top lottery NBA player like Langford, Reddish, or Barrett. Those 3 players are the type that need the ball in their hands and can average 18ppg at UK as a FR. I do not see more than one of them being able to exist on the wing like I can see with Bagley, Bol, King, and Reid in the frontcourt, though.

We have Cal. We'll always have a shot. Someone the other day made a post about all the players we weren't supposed to even have a chance at a year or 2 before the season who ended up coming here. Like Bam, Knox, etc. All were "locks" somewhere else. Of course we have a shot.

As of right now though, it looks like we have a better chance with Zion WIlliamson. You either get Reddish, the new 6'8 version of Kobe Bryant with length for days and the ability to play inside and out with range. Or you get Williamson who's shot is suspect only because he's never needed it because he attacks the basket and dunks like the rim said something about his mother. At 240 pounds and 6'7 with what I'd guess is no less than a 42" vertical, he's a mini LeBron as far as athleticism goes and is a freight train playing against underdeveloped teenagers in South Carolina so his game has never been needed to be refined, but his ferocity is something you can't teach, unlike a jumpshot which can come with time.

I know Reddish is the better player, but personally I want Williamson just to see him do one of his patented dunks against Louisville or UNC where he drags his nuts across the opponents face. The guy is one of the few players who knows what his skill is and takes it to heart. He's the guy we always wanted Poythress to be. The exact opposite of guys who look like Tarzan, play like Jane. But if we got Reddish, I'd be doing cartwheels in my front yard. Guy has ridiculous talent and potential who'd be talked about a LOT more if he wasn't sharing the same class with Bagley.

This class is going to be a great one, and this year will go a long way to getting us multiple players who we don't think we could normally get at the same position. I think in the end, as usual, it will come down to character and who the best team mates are, vs. A talent to talent perspective because they will all be elite.

We have Cal. We'll always have a shot. Someone the other day made a post about all the players we weren't supposed to even have a chance at a year or 2 before the season who ended up coming here. Like Bam, Knox, etc. All were "locks" somewhere else. Of course we have a shot.

As of right now though, it looks like we have a better chance with Zion WIlliamson. You either get Reddish, the new 6'8 version of Kobe Bryant with length for days and the ability to play inside and out with range. Or you get Williamson who's shot is suspect only because he's never needed it because he attacks the basket and dunks like the rim said something about his mother. At 240 pounds and 6'7 with what I'd guess is no less than a 42" vertical, he's a mini LeBron as far as athleticism goes and is a freight train playing against underdeveloped teenagers in South Carolina so his game has never been needed to be refined, but his ferocity is something you can't teach, unlike a jumpshot which can come with time.

I know Reddish is the better player, but personally I want Williamson just to see him do one of his patented dunks against Louisville or UNC where he drags his nuts across the opponents face. The guy is one of the few players who knows what his skill is and takes it to heart. He's the guy we always wanted Poythress to be. The exact opposite of guys who look like Tarzan, play like Jane. But if we got Reddish, I'd be doing cartwheels in my front yard. Guy has ridiculous talent and potential who'd be talked about a LOT more if he wasn't sharing the same class with Bagley.

Id love to have both at Zion could be the motor and hustle guy that makes exciting plays to amp us up amd Reddish, Romeo, and Bagley the skill types that make winning shots and plays. Then a guy like Bol.Bol who is a defensive force and could have a Davis like impact to the game. Some returnees and this class makes me think the.right combination will lead us to 9 next year.

Id love to have both at Zion could be the motor and hustle guy that makes exciting plays to amp us up amd Reddish, Romeo, and Bagley the skill types that make winning shots and plays. Then a guy like Bol.Bol who is a defensive force and could have a Davis like impact to the game. Some returnees and this class makes me think the.right combination will lead us to 9 next year.

I suspect it will be #10.

We will not be getting all of Reddish, Langford, Williamson, Bagely and Bol. We'll probably get 2, MAYBE 3 out of that bunch if we're lucky. If I were a betting man, based on how we've looked so far with the recruits, I'd guess we end up with

Immanuel Quickley
Romeo Langford
Zion Williamson
Jordan Brown
Bol Bol

I could also see RJ Barrett reclassifying and us getting him instead of either Langford/Williamson.

We will not be getting all of Reddish, Langford, Williamson, Bagely and Bol. We'll probably get 2, MAYBE 3 out of that bunch if we're lucky. If I were a betting man, based on how we've looked so far with the recruits, I'd guess we end up with

Immanuel Quickley
Romeo Langford
Zion Williamson
Jordan Brown
Bol Bol

I could also see RJ Barrett reclassifying and us getting him instead of either Langford/Williamson.

I agree that we wont get everyone.on the list. I would rather have some great returnees as a sophore knox, vanderbilt, etc would be better than getting bagley even. Very few freshman have the capability or talent to dominate like an experienced elite player. This class is so deep and talented that no matter who we get, id rather have those who prefer to play together and are good people. Thats been our formula and success and while I think we have a great chance to win this year, next is the best I have felt as a guaranteed chance we are one of the two who will make it to the championship.

Bol Bol
Quickley
King
Naz
Moore (Barrett if he reclassifies)
If Richards leaves add Moses Brown
If PJ and Vanderbilt leave add Shittu

Well, Langford said there was little if any difference between he and Reddish. Said they both can do everything well, even at the 1.

bucsrule, I see Reid and King as more "positionless" players that can play the 3-5 in certain situations. Bagley and Bol are top lottery NBA Draft type players that will start wherever they go. Much like us signing Richards, Washington, JV, and (Were trying) to sign Bamba this year, I see a similar situation when it comes to Bagley, Bol, King, and Reid in this current class.

If that answers your question about how signing so many big men makes sense, yet getting more than one volume scorer on the wing that is a top lottery NBA player like Langford, Reddish, or Barrett. Those 3 players are the type that need the ball in their hands and can average 18ppg at UK as a FR. I do not see more than one of them being able to exist on the wing like I can see with Bagley, Bol, King, and Reid in the frontcourt, though.

I hope you are right about the bigs.

I just can't picture getting Bagley and Bol, plus Reid. Especially if we get some guys back that play the 4 and 5 spots.

I would expect Bagley to start at the 4 and Bol to start at the 5, naturally. If they get 25-30 minutes each, that only leaves 20-30 minutes to split among Reid and any returnees.

Now Washington or Gabriel can slide to the 3 some. Still means only about 20 or so minutes for Reid and SKJ and Wynyard to split.

One of SKJ and Wynyard (maybe both) will likely transfer in that scenario, since Reid is probably going to get most of the minutes behind Bagley and Bol.

I don't see Reid playing the 3 much, especially if we have King, who is a 3 man.

So, in your scenario, we probably lose more guys than you have been expecting to lose, based on previous posts (where you have said you expect Washington, SKJ, and Wynyard back).

Enjoy reading your posts, even though I do not completely agree with you.

Reactions: EclipsingYou
BigBlueManSouthCentralKY, that is correct. I would add Barrett to that group of Langford and Reddish, as well. It is because of that I really doubt we will see 2 of the 3 at the same school. All 3 project to be volume scorers at the next level and excel most with the ball in their hands. That's why I think adding 1 of the 3 to a lineup similar to Quade Green, Immanual Quickley, Marvin Bagley, and Bol Bol is the best UK can hope for. Those 4 players are not the type that need to see the ball on every play to be their best. Langford, Reddish, and Barrett fit that kind of mold, in my opinion. They need to get their shots and chances at scoring on most trips down the floor to be most productive while the other 4 would excel at playing the #2 or #3 options on such a "super team" that Calipari is looking like he is attempting to build.

One of the greatest things is that I do not see a whole lot of difference between the 3, talent wise. I'd be ecstatic with any one of the three. Odds are that UK will land 1, Duke will get 1, and the other will have a tough decision to make.

In my personal opinion, I'd rather get Langford out of the three due to his proximity to UL (less than 10 miles) and the thinking by everybody locally that he is UL's to lose. After Romeo, I think I'd prefer Barrett. Due to his age, I think he has a higher ceiling than the other 2, I'm just not sure if we will see his talent start to max out with only spending one year at UK. Reddish is no consolation prize at #3, at all! He has a couple inches on Romeo and has a better build if he is ever faced with guarding a large 3 on DEF.

No matter what, this is going to be a class for the ages. The talent level of this class is RIDICULOUS compared to the last few. In most other classes, I could see any one of Zion, Bol, Bagley, Langford, Reddish, Barrett, or Jordan Brown as the #1 overall recruit. In addition to those top 7 being so ridiculously talented, the class is DEEP too. Players like JaVonte Smart and Louis King are going to be excellent college and NBA players despite being ranked as top 20ish players that are barely 5*'s on some services.

In Cal I trust! We can guess all day who we think UK looks best at getting, but he is the mater mind behind it all and I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm sure that he is looking at this class and thinking about how unbelievable of a team he can build with the available top notch talent still available and most being pro-UK.

bucsrule, thanks for the compliment! I too enjoy reading differing opinions and hope that I am wrong about stuff like Langford, Reddish, and Barrett being unable to play together in college!

No matter who we get, I am sure Cal will work it all out like he always does!

ADVERTISEMENT