ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Klutch/Bradshaw

May 22, 2002
I so dislike the side of college sports that has nothing to do with the actual game being played on the court that I don't pay much attention to it. So the current situation with Bradshaw and his injury is confusing to me. How does the NCAA allow a sports agency, Klutch, be involved with Bradshaw? Is it because they do not have a contract with him and are simply advising him? Can anyone help me understand? Thank you.

Last edited:
I’ve wondered the same thing. If Bradshaw is a sure fire lottery pick, and making decent NIL money at UK, why have the greedy vultures of Klutch control your life?

Because Justice Kavanaugh and the Supreme Court put their foot in the NCAA’s ass and upheld the lower courts decision saying restrictions on education related benefits violated antitrust laws. Kavanaugh signaled that the NCAA was violating antitrust laws in multiple areas and if anyone challenged them they would rule the same. The NCAA was terrified and implemented NIL and allowed certified agents. The NCAA just doesn’t want the athletes to be considered employees. They don’t really cares who pays the players as long as it’s not them and they get to keep their free labor model in place.

NCAA Division I Agent Rules for Men’s Basketball Student-Athletes Helpful Tips for NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball
Men’s basketball student-athletes who wish to retain NCAA Division I eligibility
College Basketball Reform
WINTER 2021
At the end of each men’s basketball season, a student- athlete may sign with and be represented by an NCAA- certified agent after he has requested an evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory
Committee via email at UAC@nba.com.
Student-athletes may ONLY sign with or receive permissible benefits from NCAA-certified agents.
Expenses from an NCAA-certified agent
Agreement with an NCAA-certified agent must be:
• In writing;
• Provided to the student-athlete’s school; and
• Terminated when the student-athlete returns to school.
During the agent selection process, NCAA-certified agents can provide a student-athlete and his family members with expenses that relate to selecting an agent.
• Expenses are limited to meals and transportation to meet with agents in the student-athlete’s locale.
• An agent must travel to the student-athlete’s locale (e.g., student- athlete’s school locale or home locale) to provide a permissible meal or transportation.
After the student-athlete has selected and signed an agreement with an NCAA-certified agent, the agent can provide the student-athlete and his family members with expenses to meet with the agent or a professional team and to participate in professional team tryouts (e.g., pro days).
Expenses are limited to meals, lodging and transportation.
Note:
• All expenses (including reimbursement) must stop when the student-athlete returns to school.
• Student-athletes may not miss class for any of the above activities. • Agents cannot provide training expenses.
ncaa.org/commitment

Last edited:
I’ve wondered the same thing. If Bradshaw is a sure fire lottery pick, and making decent NIL money at UK, why have the greedy vultures of Klutch control your life?
If they were costing players more money than they were making them, they would be out of business.
Klutch is also a brand that players want to be associated with.
I'm sure there's a lot of perks

It’s long overdue for the players to receive money they have long generated for others.

Klutch is filling that vacuum to help get monies to those players. They are just one of many.

Are they doing it better? Maybe? That’s subjective.

They are not doing anything wrong or nefarious.

Regardless of what conspiracy theorists have to say about it.

I think it would serve UK well to foster a good relationship with all of these firms. Including Klutch.

Reactions: Zissou87
It’s long overdue for the players to receive money they have long generated for others.

Klutch is filling that vacuum to help get monies to those players. They are just one of many.

Are they doing it better? Maybe? That’s subjective.

They are not doing anything wrong or nefarious.

Regardless of what conspiracy theorists have to say about it.

I think it would serve UK well to foster a good relationship with all of these firms. Including Klutch.
It is pretty clear Klutch doesn't want a good relationship with UK. They have been tampering with the Bradshaw/UK situation from day 1. He was going to USC, he was injured, not injured ,out 4-6 months, out 4-6 weeks. Some other issue is sure to surface this week. They don't want him here, they don't want him to play if he is here. This crap never ends at UK

It is pretty clear Klutch doesn't want a good relationship with UK. They have been tampering with the Bradshaw/UK situation from day 1. He was going to USC, he was injured, not injured ,out 4-6 months, out 4-6 weeks. Some other issue is sure to surface this week. They don't want him here, they don't want him to play if he is here. This crap never ends at UK
Based off of unconfirmed internet rumors.

Reactions: Chase4UK
Rumors don't start themselves, strange they all involve Bradshaw don't you think?
They don’t, but rumors are often started by individuals who don’t know what they’re talking about and lack firsthand knowledge of a situation.

There’s enough weirdness going on with the Bradshaw situation to warrant taking a cautious approach before believing everything you read.

They don’t, but rumors are often started by individuals who don’t know what they’re talking about and lack firsthand knowledge of a situation.

There’s enough weirdness going on with the Bradshaw situation to warrant taking a cautious approach before believing everything you read.
"Weirdness going on with Bradshaw" is exactly my point, hard to believe anything concerning him or his situation

I’m there with one small correction…”anything you read.” When speed is more important than accuracy, you get a lot of BS…

Hope he plays and plays well and wins here. That will take care of all problems.

So what advantage does Klutch have by having Bradshaw not play at UK, and play at USC instead?

Rumors don't start themselves, strange they all involve Bradshaw don't you think?
No, people with websites who need clicks usually start them in this realm. They don’t even need anything to back them up, just say I’m hearing blah blah, BBN will flock to your cite, it will be believed repeated and accepted as fact. I’m still waiting for Aaron Bradshaw to show up at USC. I’m still laughing at Kyle Tucker claiming we have mediocre facilities or Mitch Barnhart wouldn’t let Cal hire an offensive coordinator when we were fully staffed and had no openings. Still waiting for Dillingham to be ineligible. No matter how many times they’re wrong they keep their credibility and y’all believe every word of the next rumor they push.

So what advantage does Klutch have by having Bradshaw not play at UK, and play at USC instead?
Because he would be teammates with Bronny James, who I think they represent also (although I'm not certain) and you would have the media spotlight of playing with LeBron's kid every game. Plus, there's a lot more money and connections in LA than Lexington.

It would serve the fans to just quit this NIL bull sh#t and for the NCAA to just go away. Its a total scam. Sign with a school, sign a NIL deal, make injury then live off the fan base. Breach of contract if you ask me.

You can’t believe everything you hear, but the old expression, “where there’s smoke, there’s fire” also applies here.

Why does there continue to be so much smoke, if there is no fire?

Either there’s something to this or someone has an agenda.

News flash, Klutch and just about every other agency couldn’t care less about college basketball. They are there to try and make as much money as possible both for them and the player(s).

Like it or not but this is the world we live in. If the NCAA didn’t abuse players rights for years, which the Supreme Court said they did, then we wouldn’t be in this predicament now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT