ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction: Rick Pitino will be the next coach at Syracuse University

Bluegrass79

Senior
Mar 4, 2008
I only needed to listen to Ricky P talk for about 15 seconds today to realize he's going to be the next coach at Syracuse. Or at least that's the job he has his eye on.
So what do y'all think? Rick Potato to Syracuse?

Could he end up being the coach of the team that he defeated in 1996 for a national championship?
We're talking about a former Knick's coach and former Boston coach, Providence friars coach ..
I think it's very likely if you ask me...💯

What exactly did you here today? I …,and I’m guessing many others here ..,have no clue what you’re talking about.
Hey man I put prediction at the front of the thread. I'm simply predicting that R. Pitina will be the coach of Syracuse in the future.

At the same time I'm planting a ....seed... on a popular sports message board LOL.
ESPN got something to predict and talk about. You're welcome

If so, it will be the best job he's ever taken. Their hoops history is second to none. Get tickets now, because they're going to really be valuable soon. The fan base is the best he's ever seen. The dome is the best home court advantage on the planet. And on and on...and on.

Last edited:
Im surprised schools still want him. I give him credit for making a good team play well. But hasn't his personal life kinda overshadowed his coaching a bit? If he's serious about b-ball, he'll have to focus on staying away from scandal.

Pitino was an assistant coach for Syracuse in 1976-78 during Boheim's first 2 seasons there.

Cuse-76-77.jpeg

I only needed to listen to Ricky P talk for about 15 seconds today to realize he's going to be the next coach at Syracuse. Or at least that's the job he has his eye on.

Could he end up being the coach of the team that he defeated in 1996 for a national championship?
We're talking about a former Knick's coach and former Boston coach, Providence friars coach ..
Replace a 77 year old coach with a 70 year old coach. That doesn’t make much sense to me, but I am not the Syracuse AD.

Reactions: chroix

I think it's very likely if you ask m
If he does that he will win a championship there mark it down and he will be the first coach to win a championship at 3 different schools making him the best college head coach to ever live. I dont see it happening, him going there, but he would be very dangerous at Syracuse. I dont know how much longer he has left , hes in his 70's.

If he does he will be very dangerous at Syracuse . He will win a natty there and that will make 3 different schools that he has coached with a natty making him the best college coach to ever live . I don't see it happening because of his age but man that would be exciting to watch , I just don't see it happening .

I can see it... not like Cuse cares how old their coach is. They keep their current corpse happy why not another.

Georgetown, St. John's or yes, even Providence (again). Add those to the list with Syracuse.

If he does he will be very dangerous at Syracuse . He will win a natty there and that will make 3 different schools that he has coached with a natty making him the best college coach to ever live . I don't see it happening because of his age but man that would be exciting to watch , I just don't see it happening .

Your mom is dangerous for letting you on her laptop to post this nonsense.

Sounds like you've had a couple of "natty's.

The dude is 70 years old. He’s better off to hang out where he’s at then drift on off. I don’t see him coaching at any major school again. He’s an egomaniac that is for certain but I think he’s going to have to pay a bit of contrition before another school hires him. Just because the NCAA didn’t find anything on him doesn’t mean his hands were not dirty. He knew exactly what was going on. He chose to look the other way or let his subordinates take the fall.

Unfortunately your prediction is already wrong. Pitino never won a NC at UL so he only has 1 at UK right now.

Even if we did count his UL title and he won one at Cuse that would not make him the best college coach ever. No way. He’d still be behind (in no order): Rupp, K, and Wooden. Yes, I know Wooden forced rule changes for what is now cheating (although with NIL not so sure? Idk) and K definitely cheated. But that’s who I got off the top of my head.

If Pitino had stayed at UK he would’ve had his second title in 98 and by now, 2-5 more and he would likely be considered the best college coach of all time granted that he stay clean and won enough titles.

Last edited:
He's 100 years old. How many more years does he possibly have? Not a great move for SU

Well JB is 117 years old himself so when he gets ready to take his old ass wrinkled up forehead to the grave with his ol wrinkled up ragged ass 2-3 zone with him Id just b glad to see any damn body else. Rick Pitino, Richard, Michael ,Chris Pitino or Dino Gaudio I don't care just get us out of this 2-3 zone please. Put a clause in the contact the Coach's limited to 50 possessions of 2-3 zone for the year from now on out. So Use em wisely. 🤣

If I'm a Syracuse fan I'd b happy to watch any damn thing after 79 yrs of zone. Zones are good to switch into once in awhile or play a game if necessary, but to know every yr on October 15 at midnight you'll slip into a 2-3 and stay in it til March and not play anything else at D1 level is unbearable so if thats my school I'd be happy to see his son's graduate and hope he shooting blanks in the gaps from now on and don't have no more boys or he be there for 18 more yrs which bring him to 135.

Boheim probably makes them fans get a motion/car sickness anytime they watch a game that involves a 2-3 zone.

Gotta admit, that’s a “hot take” .

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well JB is 117 years old himself so when he gets ready to take his old ass wrinkled up forehead to the grave with his ol wrinkled up ragged ass 2-3 zone with him Id just b glad to see any damn body else. Rick Pitino, Richard, Michael ,Chris Pitino or Dino Gaudio I don't care just get us out of this 2-3 zone please. Put a clause in the contact the Coach's limited to 50 possessions of 2-3 zone for the year from now on out. So Use em wisely. 🤣

If I'm a Syracuse fan I'd b happy to watch any damn thing after 79 yrs of zone. Zones are good to switch into once in awhile or play a game if necessary, but to know every yr on October 15 at midnight you'll slip into a 2-3 and stay in it til March and not play anything else at D1 level is unbearable so if thats my school I'd be happy to see his son's graduate and hope he shooting blanks in the gaps from now on and don't have no more boys or he be there for 18 more yrs which bring him to 135.

Boheim probably makes them fans get a motion/car sickness anytime they watch a game that involves a 2-3 zone.
That’s pretty hilarious I must say lol. The wrinkled forehead and slipping into a 2-3 zone at midnight thru March was a great touch.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
That’s pretty hilarious I must say lol. The wrinkled forehead and slipping into a 2-3 zone at midnight thru March was a great touch.
Thanks! I didn't even know it had any touch at all lol. I just get to going on and saying my real thoughts then before you know it I've wrote enough for 3 books 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk

So I was skimming the record books.
Skank Banger has 1 natty. How does 1 go to 3 without 2?

Reactions: UK till Death

UK is the only place he’s won at and he won one championship. How in the world would winning a Championship at Syracuse automatically make him the 🐐? 😂

Hey man I put prediction at the front of the thread. I'm simply predicting that R. Pitina will be the coach of Syracuse in the future.

At the same time I'm planting a ....seed... on a popular sports message board LOL.
ESPN got something to predict and talk about. You're welcome
No

It's got to be getting close to the end of Jimmy B at Syracuse.
I would say Jim boeheim will have a big say on who takes his job.
I know I predicted it but now that I think about it I don't believe he would allow RP to be coach

Imo his age would be a plus if I’m the Syracuse AD. You don’t have to put any ten-year contracts on the negotiating table. The pickins are so slim right now in terms of superstar coaches. Rick is one of the greatest college basketball minds who ever lived no matter what you think of him or how dumb he is in other parts of life. Even his UL title team didn’t have any transcendent talent. It was Rick’s coaching that won that title way more than whatever ho-based recruiting boost that only served to bilk him out of it anyway.

Who knows how dirty he’d be or not. But in this era when NIL does the talking anyway and when they’re handing out eight-game suspensions in place of the death penalty, an empty-handed AD would be kind of goofy to pass on 3–4 years of Rick at probably a cut rate. Imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT