ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Season Depth Chart Projection - Offense

The two deep looks very capable.

If we limit injuries and Hamdan/Vandergriff can bring a little offensive magic, this could be our best season since a Bear roamed the sidelines.

The two deep looks very capable.

If we limit injuries and Hamdan/Vandergriff can bring a little offensive magic, this could be our best season since a Bear roamed the sidelines.
1. The oline and Rb combo to ground and pound is shaky at best to predict Stoops best team at the juncture
2. Then you have the unknown of Brock as well as Bush (I sort of feel fine there)

A lot has to shake out but I feel this will be w solid team

OL looks to be in a solid place especially considering where it was this time two years ago and with issues of the 2022 Class.

RB doesn’t have a game changers. Bush may get his 1,000 carry back again but it’ll be with a lot of carries to one guy.

WR had depth issues.

TE looks solid. I think the third string guy will be Marrow’s best.

QB is an unknown but I think he’ll be at least average if not bit better.

For all the issues on offense…slow to snap the ball etc.
- Coen got us to 29 pts a fend for 56 in ncaa last year.....
- 2022 (the Scangerello year) we scored 19 pts a game for 111 in ncaa
- 2021 (Coen first year) we scored 32 pts a game for 24th in ncaa

So, for all the angst at Coen....his offenses scored best of Stoops offensive years. I don't feel all that confident that Bush's offense will put up more than 30pts a game. I think many people are overly rosy that hearing we are getting back to downhill running the football, running the QB alot, etc... is going to get us back to a really good offense.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I am just in a wait and see mode. Frankly I think the schedule is way beyond this team's capabilities to win more than 6 or 7 games

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
I am just in a wait and see mode. Frankly I think the schedule is way beyond this team's capabilities to win more than 6 or 7 games
There has been a lot of talk this year about the schedule and how much harder it is. I'm not sure I totally agree with that. Looking at last years schedule and comparable teams this year:

2023 (final rankings)
#4 Georgia
#5 Alabama
#8 Missouri
#17 Tennessee
#18 Louisville

2024 (preseason rankings)
#1 Georgia
#4 Texas
#6 Ole Miss
#16 Tennessee
#21 Louisville

We still have South Carolina, Vandy and Florida on our schedule. Those teams should be pretty similar to what they were last year. We replace @ Mississippi State (5-7 last year) with home against Auburn (6-7 last year). What am I missing with the schedule talk?

Reactions: delk4three
First, we were 7-6 last year vs. the schedule you mentioned, i.e., in line with what I see again this year.

Second:

GA and Texas are legit NC contenders. Georgia is light years better than us on paper, and we play Texas on the road in front of 100,000 fans, late in the season when they are likely to be gunning for a playoff bid.

Ole Miss is right behind Texas and UGA, and although I think they are probably overrated, we have not won in Oxford since 1979.

UK is 1-19 last 20 games vs. Auburn. I am 63 years old and can only remember one win ever vs. Auburn

Tennessee? Uh right, we will win that game in Knoxville for sure, don't we always kick their butt?

South Carolina, Louisville and Florida will be tough games, probably won't lose all three, but odds are pretty good we won't win all three either.

So that leaves four games I am pretty sure we will win, Vandy plus the other three OOC teams. Hard for me to find more than 2 or 3 wins vs. the other 8. What am I missing?

For all the issues on offense…slow to snap the ball etc.
- Coen got us to 29 pts a fend for 56 in ncaa last year.....
- 2022 (the Scangerello year) we scored 19 pts a game for 111 in ncaa
- 2021 (Coen first year) we scored 32 pts a game for 24th in ncaa

So, for all the angst at Coen....his offenses scored best of Stoops offensive years. I don't feel all that confident that Bush's offense will put up more than 30pts a game. I think many people are overly rosy that hearing we are getting back to downhill running the football, running the QB alot, etc... is going to get us back to a really good offense.
Has nothing to do with '24 team because of numerous changes but people have decided to totally ignore UK's last two games of '23, U6/Bowl. Offense was really solid in those games but it seems to be to some that those were never played.

Look, Texas game is almost certainly a loss...but Texas seems to drop at least one dud game every year. They play Arky before us and aTm after us. From a scheduling standpoint, that is a best case situation for UK. They will not respect us. If our D comes into that game healthy........

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Has nothing to do with '24 team because of numerous changes but people have decided to totally ignore UK's last two games of '23, U6/Bowl. Offense was really solid in those games but it seems to be to some that those were never played.
UK scored solidly all season long....I didn't see us getting insane hot to end the year....probably more about playing 2 ACC teams that plays in a conference that scores a ton and plays defense sporadically is why UK scored so well vs. UL and Clemson

Regardless, I am not optimistic UK scores 30 pts a game....You wanna put 100 bucks on that they will score more than 2023 team?

UK scored solidly all season long....I didn't see us getting insane hot to end the year....probably more about playing 2 ACC teams that plays in a conference that scores a ton and plays defense sporadically is why UK scored so well vs. UL and Clemson

Regardless, I am not optimistic UK scores 30 pts a game....You wanna put 100 bucks on that they will score more than 2023 team?
Not a bettor.

I have no idea how many points UK'll score, I just hope it's one more each game than their opponent.

As for '23, I'm just saying when discussing the season some have chosen to ignore the last 2 games probably because it doesn't fit their agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT