ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Up For RJ Barrett’s Family.

Hate to hear that.My brother passed many years ago and i still think of him every single day.
I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve always been an only child or so I thought. Mom told me before she passed that she had a miscarriage though…and I have no clue if that was true or not.

Nonetheless for all intents and purposes I’ve been an only child so I couldn’t imagine losing a sibling.

That's horrifying for any family. It doesn't matter who they are. A child of 7 passing away will likely affect the family for generations.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I can't help but think that this isn't the best place to talk about the passing of a family member of a college athlete who has no ties to UK.

It's obviously awful, but kind of out of left field. Are we doing this for every D1 basketball player who lost a loved one?
This. I thought it was random and out of left field hence my initial response.

I can't help but think that this isn't the best place to talk about the passing of a family member of a college athlete who has no ties to UK.

It's obviously awful, but kind of out of left field. Are we doing this for every D1 basketball player who lost a loved one?
Until you figure out my password I will type what I want, and a matter of fact, if you don’t like what I post just block me. It’s really pretty simple!

Reactions: Blueheart32
Until you figure out my password I will type what I want, and a matter of fact, if you don’t like what I post just block me. It’s really pretty simple!

I dont care, no skin off my back.. it's just odd.

Someone who has had an account for 16 years, and doesn't post that often.. decides to make a thread in dedication to RJ Barretts brother? Feels like a Duke fan wants to make UK fans pay respect. But what do I know. I'm a huge cynic.

Reactions: CELTICAT
The young man was apparently 19 years old. No matter the age the loss of a child for a parent is life altering crippling pain. My condolences to his family and friends.

I dont care, no skin off my back.. it's just odd.

Someone who has had an account for 16 years, and doesn't post that often.. decides to make a thread in dedication to RJ Barretts brother? Feels like a Duke fan wants to make UK fans pay respect. But what do I know. I'm a huge cynic.
That’s good to know, I’m sure you won’t be losing any sleep tonight 👍🏻

It’s a message board! Does everything have to be all related to UK?

I can guarantee you I’m way bigger of a Kentucky fan that you’d ever be! Yes, you definitely give off a very selfish vibe!

First thing I thought was "oh look, a Louisville fan coming to our board to drop this sad story about a Dukie in an attempt to get one of us to say 'I don't care, he's a Dukie'".

I literally thought it was an attempt to bait us into looking like horrible people because our hate for Duke supposedly might overshadow our humanity.

I still believe that was the original goal of the OP, but who knows.

First thing I thought was "oh look, a Louisville fan coming to our board to drop this sad story about a Dukie in an attempt to get one of us to say 'I don't care, he's a Dukie'".

I literally thought it was an attempt to bait us into looking like horrible people because our hate for Duke supposedly might overshadow our humanity.

Yeah right? And I know several other posters felt the same above me, but they got reported by the OP and their comments deleted.

Again, it's awful. Losing a sibling has to be devastating. But I honestly wonder... did this even get as much traction on the Duke forums?

Sadly, it's a sport with a lot of troubled youths( not that this is what happened to his brother).. several players across college basketball deal with the loss of family well before they should ever have to.

Reactions: TheDude73

And not even a current D1 player, but instead a former one who only played one CBB season five years ago.

So, yes, it does seem like a bit of an “out of left field” thread on a board dedicated to Kentucky basketball. If the passing of a relative of any former player for another team is thread-worthy here …well, this place could get quite cluttered indeed.

Yeah right? And I know several other posters felt the same above me, but they got reported by the OP and their comments deleted.

Again, it's awful. Losing a sibling has to be devastating. But I honestly wonder... did this even get as much traction on the Duke forums?

Sadly, it's a sport with a lot of troubled youths( not that this is what happened to his brother).. several players across college basketball deal with the loss of family well before they should ever have to.
Hahaha he reported mine and got it deleted 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Same could be said for you instead of running to mods.
I never ran to the mods? Literally have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about.

Don’t know a single mod to “run to” on here to begin with. Matter of fact, if you do, go ask them if I reported one single person or comment. I’ll wait!

@TheDude73 I’m more of a Kentucky fan than you’ll ever be! I’ve posted here for years! Get over yourself!

I never “ran to the mods, lol! You’re simply a clown 🤡

Ask any mod on here if I reported a single comment! As I said in another post, I’ll wait!
Praying for you that you find the strength to carry on during this tough time in your life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
…and just how do you propose I do that? It was between you and them. If not you, then who?
@ the mods and ask them to message you. As I stated before, I have absolutely no clue who a single mod is on this board.

Post it if you think I reported anyone. I’m sure there’s lots of people on here who know the moderators.

Not that big a deal to me.
It is to me because you’re basically calling me a rat! As I said before, I have no clue who the mods even are on here.

You’re just mad because you know I didn’t report you or anyone else and these absolutely no proof of it. Just slander on your part!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT