ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Player **warning may be graphic to some**

That’s about the way mine snapped, but thankfully didn’t go compound. Feel for the kid.

Maybe we shouldn’t make teams play four games in four days in less than 24 hours rest?
You act like they're not made for this. They're young and strong and have probably played organized sports most of their lives. Besides, it's literally 40 mins a day.

This injury is graphic and looks horrible, but a compound leg fracture is probably better than a bad ankle break from a recovery point of view. It happened to Paul George (and obviously Kevin Ware) and he recovered 100%. Once the bone heals your fine. With an ankle you have to worry about a handful of different bones and ligaments healing together, and it's never going to be 100% again.

Reactions: UK90 and NociHTTP
Yikes. That's in the top 10 of this category. Praying for a full recovery. He'll more than likely be just fine. Honestly, for an athlete, it could be worse. For a human, shouldn't have lasting effects.

For the record, OP took appropriate measures to warn us.

This injury is graphic and looks horrible, but a compound leg fracture is probably better than a bad ankle break from a recovery point of view. It happened to Paul George (and obviously Kevin Ware) and he recovered 100%. Once the bone heals your fine. With an ankle you have to worry about a handful of different bones and ligaments healing together, and it's never going to be 100% again.
You worry about infection immensely with a compound fracture. You could lose your leg from it. Alex Smith is a good example. He had sock fragments and mud in an open wound and exposed bone. Multiple surgeries required to save him. Guy was a millimeter from dying or losing his leg. Unbelievable that he was able to come back and play.

No it's a horrible injury to have. Comparing it to an ankle break doesn't make it better.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I mean, you willingly clicked on a thread that said it was graphic…
I knew what it was. I clicked on it to post what I wanted to say. Although that was the extremely edited version. What kind of loser (also edited) thinks this needs to be posted?

Reactions: NociHTTP
You worry about infection immensely with a compound fracture. You could lose your leg from it. Alex Smith is a good example. He had sock fragments and mud in an open wound and exposed bone. Multiple surgeries required to save him. Guy was a millimeter from dying or losing his leg. Unbelievable that he was able to come back and play.
People forget that open wounds while hard to heal are much less worriesome than an open bone break through the same wound.. Getting an infection in your bone, which keens almost instantaneous blood infection is scary shit, even in modern medicine. Because an infection will quickly take hold there and be radically hard to fight off. Because to can travel to other parts of your body quickly. Compound fractures are extremely dangerous and require immediate emergency medical attention.

People forget that open wounds while hard to heal are much lesz worriesome than an open bone break through the same wound.. Getting an infection in your bone, which keens almost instantaneous blood infection is scary shit, even in modern medicine. Because an ifencrion will quickly take hold there and be radically hard to fight off. Because to can travel to other parts of your body quickly. Compound fractures are extremely dangerous and require immediate emergency medical attention.

Good post. Just one question. What's an "ifencrion"? Sounds like a planet in Transformers. Sorry, bud. Couldn't resist.

I can't imagine ugh. I have terrible cast claustrophobia, had to get one on my hand and forearm for a small fracture on my thumb. Lasted about 3 hours before full panic attack and cut it off with tin snips and went back for a soft cast that was removable.

I wasn't very claustrophobic before that but am now! Felt like a boulder or something was on my arm.

If something like the above happened to me I'd need a steady drip of Xanax or something until it healed. Hope he heals well!

We see these all of the time... he'll be playing next year. Yes, horrible things can occur along the way (infection, compartment syndrome, etc.), but generally speaking he'll do well, and recover quickly!

Sorry for the young man, though...

Go CATS!

p.s. I didn't look

Reactions: UK90
I knew what it was. I clicked on it to post what I wanted to say. Although that was the extremely edited version. What kind of loser (also edited) thinks this needs to be posted?
Nothing here “needs” to be posted. Unnecessary conversation about what’s going with UK and college basketball is all this place is for. And this happened to be what CBB fans were talking about at the time.

So I see nothing wrong with him posting it. Especially since he gave the appropriate warning in the title so anyone who didn’t want to see it knew not to click. It’s a nasty sports injury, they happen, if you can’t handle seeing one then maybe you shouldn’t watch sports.

But look on the bright side, it gave you the chance to do your fake little sanctimonious virtue signaling routine.

Reactions: gojvc and bbncal02
Cal saw this and he is trying to convince several Wildcats to shut it down for the tournament. He doesn't want them to risk not being in the Green Room. BEGOT. He however told Reed he could now start with so many others sitting out.

Oh spare me the fake outrage. I’m pretty sure folks here can handle seeing a bone break.

And he gave a prior warning in the title. If you don’t want to see it, then just don’t click.
Fake outrage is our new national pastime.

What kind of loser calls someone a loser for posting a video that happened today in the world of sports.

It’s amazing how grown ass men act on a message board sometimes. A lot different than they would in real life. Probably too scared to tell the McDonald’s lady they got to your order wrong but by god on the interwebz you grow balls of steel(anonymously of course).

What kind of loser calls someone a loser for posting a video that happened today in the world of sports.

It’s amazing how grown ass men act on a message board sometimes. A lot different than they would in real life. Probably too scared to tell the McDonald’s lady they got to your order wrong but by god on the interwebz you grow balls of steel(anonymously of course).
It's not just something that happened in sports today and you know it. TV won't show it, why is that?

The moron that posted it isn't a grown man... at least not emotionally.

And judging from your username, neither are you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT