ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Last Post from Coach

I heard UK is going to get several commitments from players who have vowels in their last names. You heard it here first.

[winking]

Small world.

I think we're talking to the same people....

Will-Forte-No-way.gif

I would love to hear how that conversation went.

Also, don't give us where you work, for obvious reasons, but a few questions just to narrow it in my mind:

1. East or West of the Mississippi?
2. North or South of Kentucky?
3. Division 1?
4. Does your school have a player who is currently in the NBA?
5. Has your school made the tournament in the last 5 years?

I would love to hear how that conversation went.

Also, don't give us where you work, for obvious reasons, but a few questions just to narrow it in my mind:

1. East or West of the Mississippi?
2. North or South of Kentucky?
3. Division 1?
4. Does your school have a player who is currently in the NBA?
5. Has your school made the tournament in the last 5 years?

I'll meet you half way.

Right now, I'm west and not D-1. I'll never answer or confirm anything and I hope you understand.

The dude is semi connected and just passing in what he hears at given times. Let the haters hate, but keep posting coach. Recruiting is fluid and I like hearing the gossip inside actual coaching circles

Gossip from the coaching world is exactly what I have...

I'm not going to explain much on my "misses" but sure I'll do it since I haven't been around for a while...

As I read this post last night, saw some sour grapes for no reason at all.

Remember, I not a born UK fan or anything. I'm in the career side of coaching. It's just different type of information I can share.

Things change all the time. Like if Daillo left, than Cam Johnson was coming. That was true.

Also matching your core classes from your undergrad and finding a degree offering at a graduate program is also fairly complicated, just an example. Little small issues that aren't basketball related.

Recruiting is contingent on the moves of the present.

Sure I missed on Bamba. My source who I thought would have been a great one said he'd contact me if anything other than UK for Bamba. Well, the guy went into the dark and I never got a response for over a month or so. So I didn't post anything new. So whomever wanted to hammer me on that, go ahead I'll take it.

BUT, I didn't post you wrong information at the present time. The end result was just different than what the last information I heard.

Now as much as I may have "missed" on Bamba. I've told you guys for a LONG time that Quickely was UK. They were set to get it done in the Spring. Well, what does it hurt to coach him on Team USA just to make sure it's a perfect fit?

So it goes both ways and there is reasons upon reasons upon reasons things happen the way they do.

Also, going public as a commit doesn't happen the second they commit.

So just take everything I post as in the "present" and you'll enjoy.

I'm not going to explain much on my "misses" but sure I'll do it since I haven't been around for a while...

Remember, I not a born UK fan or anything. I'm in the career side of coaching. It's just different type of information I can share.

Things change all the time. Like if Daillo left, than Cam Johnson was coming. That was true.

Also matching your core classes from your undergrad and finding a degree offering at a graduate program is also fairly complicated, just an example. Little small issues that aren't basketball related.

Sure I missed on Bamba. My source who I thought would have been a great one said he'd contact me if anything other than UK for Bamba. Well, the guy went into the dark and I never got a response for over a month or so. So I didn't post anything new. So whomever wanted to hammer me on that, go ahead I'll take it.

BUT, I didn't post you wrong information at the present time. The end result was just different than what the last information I heard.

Now as much as I may have "missed" on Bamba. I've told you guys for a LONG time that Quickely was UK. They were set to get it done in the Spring. Well, what does it hurt to coach him on Team USA just to make sure it's a perfect fit?

So it goes both ways and there is reasons upon reasons upon reasons things happen the way they do.

Thank you coach! Any news on other recruits?

Have you heard from your Bamba friend since? You said he went dark for about a month, so that means you've talked to him since the Texas pick. What happened there? How much can you tell us about how/why he would have been connected? Was he UK-related, Bamba-related?

You don't need to explain yourself. Most here appreciate your posts.

Thanks for all the information that you do share with us. We Kentucky fans are like crack heads when it comes to information about our cats but I'm sure you've already figured that out.

Reactions: GG24
Glad your back Coach. Love reading your posts. Anybody with half a brain can understand how fluid recruiting is. Now I will get the other half of my brain our of my a** and get back to work.

Glad to have you back, Coach. Always enjoy your posts and we all know teens can change their minds all the time so no need to apologize for Bamba miss. Hope we hear from you again from time to time.

any 18 news regarding UK?

Thanks for all the information that you do share with us. We Kentucky fans are like crack heads when it comes to information about our cats but I'm sure you've already figured that out.
I used to be like that years ago, but now I don't pay attention to recruiting much because there is so much disinformation out there and too many outsiders involved in recruits decisions.

It takes me 2-3 games just to figure out who's who.

Reactions: augustaky1
Have you heard from your Bamba friend since? You said he went dark for about a month, so that means you've talked to him since the Texas pick. What happened there? How much can you tell us about how/why he would have been connected? Was he UK-related, Bamba-related?
The person who I had a connection with, wanted him at Texas.

There is some truth to what's been said by his brother, but I've heard of a lot worse being given and ruled completely eligible.

As far as Bamba, this isn't politically correct but I was told that he rather play for a black coach. Coach Smart had a great relationship with him. Nothing Coach Cal did wrong, just sometimes it doesn't work out. UK is loaded regardless.

@CoachX11 have you heard anything regarding the main guys in '18(Bagley, Bol, reddish, Langford)? Mostly wondering about Reddish and whether his time with Cal will push UK to the front, it's hard to imagine a kid getting coached by Cal and wanting to head somewhere else...

If no news no problem but I had to ask. Thanks

Reactions: CoachX11

There is some truth to what's been said by his brother, but I've heard of a lot worse being given and ruled completely eligible.

As far as Bamba, this isn't politically correct but I was told that he rather play for a black coach. Coach Smart had a great relationship with him. Nothing Coach Cal did wrong, just sometimes it doesn't work out. UK is loaded regardless.

Bamba's got a great brother who ensured him that his NBA stock will stay high all year with no chance of college basketball devaluing it. Solid move.

any 18 news regarding UK?

It's AAU season so kids are so focused on that for now.

Big time coaches use AAU to evaluate growth and see who can play well together. Also we figure out which kids may want to play together.

I have nothing ground breaking. Haven't been snooping around much this last couple months.

I've told you guys about Quickely for a long time... so expect that one in the fall.

UK is in good with Zion Williamson. I can see him as a Cat over most of these others.

Bagley I've heard may not be looking hard at UK, but I'm not totally sure on that as much as others.

Reddish is really good, and I think UK is gaining on that one. USA basketball will be a big advantage. I heard Cal is playing him at point.

Louis King WANTS to be a Cat. He's good enough to be a Cat. Slow playing it.

Bol Bol- Nice player with upside but I rather have some other bigs as a one and done.

Langford may be my favorite player in class. Grew up a Duke fan I've heard, but likes UL due to proximity. His family is pro- Coach Cal and UK would be a good place for him if he wants to get away from his family but still be close.

Sometimes being too close is a bad thing and I think eventually UL won't be in it for him.

Nothing earth shaking ng but that's my opinion on things. I'll post again sometime, but if I don't have anything worth sharing I won't.

@ me for specific questions and I'll work on it.

Big fan of Lou King. Already plays with Reddish so they know they can play together, and seems to be underrated at this point. Get em both, Cal.

I've read many of your posts and it is often obvious you are provided some info. It is sometimes is slightly dated... maybe even only by only a couple days. And maybe that is the passing of time between hearing and posting. But I think a lot of people don't realize how fluid some of these situations are, and how some situations turn on a dime.
I had once posted that Bam was leaning on staying. This was during the season--- and at that time, he very much was.
A day after you posted about him likely staying during the post season, I had reversed my position and contradicted your report based on what I knew at the time. I don't think you were "wrong", but it's tough to keep up.
The Knox scenario was one I didn't even attempt to comment on. That was all over the place. Lol!
Anyway, I've appreciated your posts and wish you luck. I've tried to decipher who you are an if we have met. But you keep a good secret!!! I hope you come back from time to time!

As always, appreciate it.

And as a bit of an aside, info like this is why I'm pretty firm in my belief that you are actually connected. Lots of "insiders" have the same stuff I read on twitter or stuff that's just a 50-50 guess.

Appreciated as always coach. Don't think youve ever said any of your posts were 100% certain, so don't know why people get so upset when things change. No one can be right 100% of the time, especially when talking about the choices of 18-19 year old kids. Things change all the time. Always appreciate your insight and information. Good luck next year! Hope to see more posts in the future.

Sure but, there will be a player with the letter "J" in his name. Althetic guy. We're recruiting him.

Yea, but that 25" vertical sucks and he shot only 25% from behind the arc. The DUI and manslaughter conviction give some concern. I don't know why the hell we're recruiting him since he seems to like UL.

Yea, but that 25" vertical sucks and he shot only 25% from behind the arc. The DUI and manslaughter conviction give some concern. I don't know why the hell we're recruiting him since he seems to like UL.

The DUI is a conspiracy to keep UK from signing him. It's not true. he was convicted for manslaughter but she had it coming.

So you're saying recruiting info is fluid and prone to change in the end result?
no-answer.gif

No wonder you're not at a top program yet..#12 is obviously the coach's son and probably sucks. #53 is clearly the top recruit.

Naw. The coaches' son is always the best player at that age, cause usually the coach is the washed up ex-star athlete trying to relive his glory days through his kid, so he pushes and pushes the kid to be the best.

This works at this age, but as time goes on the kid grows bitter because his dad made the sport he loves "not fun anymore" and he rebels, slacks off and blows his chance at being great.

Years later, when he has a son of his own, he becomes the washed up ex-star athlete, who push his kid to be great.

It's a vicious cycle that creates generations of resentful father-son realationships.

These guys are just too blind to see it and break it by just stepping back and letting their kid just have fun.

It's a major social issue plaguing our nation today.

It's really sad. I saw the movie on the Lifetime network. I wasn't watching it, of course, cause I'm a guy, but my wife was watching and I couldn't help but watch it, too. Honest.

ADVERTISEMENT