ADVERTISEMENT

Pot Choppers are back in the air

I've only been given painkillers once, when I had my wisdom teeth removed. I wasn't given a huge number of pills, but I was specifically told to take them until they were gone.

That's been years ago, and it's of little consequence given that it's entirely anecdotal, but I guess we're even.
Shouldn’t have needed many past maybe the ride home and to go to sleep that night. You could have easily made $8 a pill selling the extra 23 or so

Last edited:
The most laughable part of all this, is everybody who wants weed will get weed. There isn't a 15 yr old in the country who couldn't get weed within 30 mins.
So by flying and destroying ky weed, you just insure the weed comes from Mexico. So instead of a couple good old boys making some money on the side and pumping it back into the state economy, it just adds to some drug Lord's billions. Just stupid.

The most laughable part of all this, is everybody who wants weed will get weed. There isn't a 15 yr old in the country who couldn't get weed within 30 mins.
So by flying and destroying ky weed, you just insure the weed comes from Mexico. So instead of a couple good old boys making some money on the side and pumping it back into the state economy, it just adds to some drug Lord's billions. Just stupid.

Correct. Where there is demand, there will be supply. Take away one supply source, supply will just come from somewhere else.

Reactions: homeytheclown
Talked to the guy whose plants they actually got the day I saw them coming down from ropes. Seven plants. Wow. Thousands of dollars of policing an area, circling it for theee days and putting up cameras and they pull up seven god damn plants

Talked to the guy whose plants they actually got the day I saw them coming down from ropes. Seven plants. Wow. Thousands of dollars of policing an area, circling it for theee days and putting up cameras and they pull up seven god damn plants

How much time is he facing in Kentucky for 7 plants?

Kentucky and Tennessee will be the last states to legalize. And even when they do, employers won’t care.

Which makes the job market less competitive so whatever.

Other states are making it illegal to test for cannabis. It’s a good call.

Piss tests can’t detect intoxication. They only detect metabolites that indicate use within 10-40 days. It’s so stupid that smoking a joint on your day off could cause you to lose your job 3 weeks later, yet going to work hungover from a night of binge drinking is a laughing matter.

Bourbon industry, law enforcement groups, big pharma, religious kooks.

Same as always.

I don’t think it’s about religious kooks. A lot of those people just don’t believe legalizing mind altering substances is good for society and really, you don’t have to be religious to believe that. A lot of those religious people are concerned for their communities and aren’t doing it to be intentionally harmful.

Other states are making it illegal to test for cannabis. It’s a good call.

Piss tests can’t detect intoxication. They only detect metabolites that indicate use within 10-40 days. It’s so stupid that smoking a joint on your day off could cause you to lose your job 3 weeks later, yet going to work hungover from a night of binge drinking is a laughing matter.

I agree but in states like Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama, good luck forcing private employers to forgo the mandated strip for THC. It’s not going to happen, not in our lifetimes anyway.

Illinois had the lottery first, then they went to river boat gambling, now Marijuana. You would think that it would be rolling in money, right? It isn't, and it won't be after pot is legal either.

Buti I could leave after work Friday, load up and be back before UK football kickoff on Saturday!

Beats going to Colorado for the good or smoking garbage brick weed that anyone out of high school shouldn’t have to smoke.

You seem fun. Why do you care what I do in my house? I don’t care what you do in yours. And if you drink, even a little, and oppose legal cannabis, you’re a hypocrite. One of those things is literal poison and can kill you. The other is pot.

Buti I could leave after work Friday, load up and be back before UK football kickoff on Saturday!

Beats going to Colorado for the good or smoking garbage brick weed that anyone out of high school shouldn’t have to smoke.

You seem fun. Why do you care what I do in my house? I don’t care what you do in yours. And if you drink, even a little, and oppose legal cannabis, you’re a hypocrite. One of those things is literal poison and can kill you. The other is pot.

There’s always two sides to the coin. I enjoyed smoking weed for years, it also set me back. It sets a lot of people back, whether they admit it or not, whether all of half. I’ve seen guys destroy their lives because of their desire to get high. In my field of work we see it everyday. There are a lot of people who see this as a societal problem. They’re not wrong, with the legalization of weed comes a host of problems. Colorado is a great example. Drop out rates on the rise, addiction on the rise, homeless populations on the rise. It’s directly correlated.

I know a lot of people want to reduce the conversation to cool guys vs. dorky Christians, but it’s much more broad than that.

I’m conflicted on the correct answers. But one thing I know is using bad behavior to justify bad behavior is not the way to form an argument for legalization, and today that’s the biggest tactic used from the proponents of legalization.

I still Struggle with pot. I don’t need it as much anymore because I feel more fulfillment with work/ family. Before I had that I needed to get high. It kind of shows all forms of drug use in some way or another are the result of unhappiness.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT