ADVERTISEMENT

Football ***** Postgame Press Conference Notes - UK vs. Florida *****

Jeff Drummond

Nov 25, 2002
LEXINGTON, KY
MARK STOOPS OFFICIAL POSTGAME Q&A:

MARK STOOPS UK RADIO NETWORK Q&A:

* Any time you play like that, frustration sets in. It can get on you quick.

* We're not good at playing from behind, and we let them get up on us and get that crowd into it. Florida was good tonight. Give them some credit.

* If you told me before the game that DJ would only complete 7 passes, I would have told you I feel good about winning the game. But not for 260 yards. I've never seen that happen.

* The end of the first half, not getting it in and tying the score was a big issue. We had a chance to tie it up, and instead we go down 14.

* Asked how you get back to the level of play vs. Ole Miss and Georgia, Stoops said there's a lot of unhappy people in the locker room right now, but we have to look for solutions instead of getting angry. We have to play better. And it's a hard time to do it because we're getting some guys beat up. This was a very physical game. And it doesn't get any easier from here. I'm not worried about our guys. We'll continue to battle.

* Put it on me. The players are trying.

* Cut back on the penalties, but caught some bad breaks on a few plays. It felt like we were 6 inches, a foot "off" all night.

* It felt like there was a big gap in the physicality tonight. Haven't felt that way in a long time.

* Personnel changes, Tom Leach asks. We're playing our best, Stoops responds. Just need to get healthy and keep on working.

* We really worked hard this week, and the product didn't show it. Again, put it on me.

* I'm not down on them bouncing back, but I'm concerned just like the fans are about things we need to do better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.