ADVERTISEMENT

Post your name here

I use my real name to post so there you go I'm signed up. I would rather we not even play if this kind of stuff is the best we can do as a program. I never thought I'd ever hear myself say this but thank God for football it's the only revenue sport that tries. How crazy is it that our football program is on better footing than the basketball program???

Someone regenerated this thread that was started a little over 2 years ago, and I find it fascinating reading the back and forth discussions regarding this topic. I originally commented on response #18, and my opinion has not changed.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I want everyone of our supposed fans who run it about Cal sucking to sign their name right here. That way when we go to our next final four I don’t wanna hear you all celebrating like you been here all along.
I guess you made a thousand posts last year telling us how great Cal is despite having the worst record in school history. Mark me down in the CCC category.

7FEsbJ7.png

The thing is Fox is a good poster and I don’t have a problem with the thread at all. I’m not like the C3 above all crowd. Fox felt some dominance was coming and he was wrong. I’m sure he hates everything as much as we do. I wouldn’t have stated a thread like this but it’s obvious not everyone can see the forest through the trees with a guy like C3.

So I won’t pile on and for those of us who have been harping on this current reality for years now, save your ammo for who deserves it. Calipari, and his 8 C3 first fans on this board for which Fox isn’t one.

The thing is Fox is a good poster and I don’t have a problem with the thread at all. I’m not like the C3 above all crowd. Fox felt some dominance was coming and he was wrong. I’m sure he hates everything as much as we do. I wouldn’t have stated a thread like this but it’s obvious not everyone can see the forest through the trees with a guy like C3.

So I won’t pile on and for those of us who have been harping on this current reality for years now, save your ammo for who deserves it. Calipari, and his 8 C3 first fans on this board for which Fox isn’t one.
I thought at the time all lot of complaining was not needed and the 2020 team was very capable of winning some games that Covid stopped, obviously I didn’t see the Boston year coming and I’d bet close to 100% of the fans didn’t either. Thanks for the post. I have no idea why this thread keeps getting necro’ed but I think Jamal Mercer must have been mad at me for the past 3 years. I believe he’s the one who brought it back first.

Reactions: EliteBlue
My name is my handle so I have nothing to hide!! I hate losing - period. In particular, I hate losing to LSU, Loserville, Puke, UNC, Tennessee - in that order!!!! And most of all, I can't stand a loss in the NCAA tourny! I have been a Cal fan in the past but am VERY disappointed right now. My choice for coach is anyone who can get us #9!! If Cal can't, then I'm OK with him leaving. Right now I am a nervous wreck about us losing next Saturday! Dear Lord please don't let UK lose to the Tards, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Vern l! How ya doin darlin?

Oh..and btw
I just noticed when this thread was initially posted…sorry bout that
But most of y’all know my name anyway and I’m not backpedaling on my recent comments on other threads
BEV- You are one of, if not the best posters we have. I think you are smart, knowledgeable, and level headed. I’m glad to see your comments because I can no longer stand CCC. Sometimes I start wondering if I should be so angry at that man but seeing you’re not a Cal fan at this point helps me stay on point. I’m just not as polite as you when I post about him.

Reactions: Bkocats
You know.....its nice to go back and reread my posts from this early in that 2019-2020 season. I've argued ad nauseum with the fans who think that team was on a collision course with the title were it not for Covid.

Even one month in to that season I clearly saw the issues we had. Then we add in the Hagans drama. I think some of you just look at the record and that's all. If you've watched basketball long enough you can tell when you have a team who has that magic in them and who doesn't. You can't have issues at point guard and win the title. Hagans on court meltdown and subsequent stay at home suspension right as we head in to the postseason are HUGE red flags. Why do some of you ignore that, and then gripe about how Wheeler played this year during the postseason, or Cal not playing Ulis. You know damn well a reliable PG is the most important piece of the puzzle with Cal's teams.

One reason I'm so bummed about this year's results. I don't know that I believed we were a championship team, but I did believe with that bracket draw we absolutely could get to the Final Four. Once you're there all bets are off. I also felt like the handful of teams who looked like they had a legit shot to win it all....none of them truly scared me if we played like we were capable of playing. The Kentucky team that slaughtered Tennessee at Rupp and Kansas at Phog was legit. I don't know where the hell they went.

Reactions: Gromcat
BEV- You are one of, if not the best posters we have. I think you are smart, knowledgeable, and level headed. I’m glad to see your comments because I can no longer stand CCC. Sometimes I start wondering if I should be so angry at that man but seeing you’re not a Cal fan at this point helps me stay on point. I’m just not as polite as you when I post about him.
Thank you darlin. Sweet of you to say that.

For me, enough was enough with Calipari. If he had come out with a truly heartfelt apology, a humble attitude, I may feel a bit differently. But, his arrogance and dismissal of …well everything… is what has me so angry.
Yes, I agree he needs to prepare his players for life after college. But, doing that and preparing teams for success on THIS level are not mutually exclusive
He doesn’t get that.

These threads are so damned stupid.

I guess Im not a dedicated Reds fan and cant celebrate a World Series because Ive pointed out the front office needs to spend some damned money to buy players we need.

I guess I cant celebrate the Bengals finally winning a playoff game because Ive called Mike Brown a cheapskate cocksucker and that Marvin Lewis needed to go 10 yrs ago.

This UK team is playing bad basketball. I dont know why a section of our fan base tries to pride themselves on ignoring it, like it somehow makes you a better person. It doesnt. It makes you naive. Calling them out for being bad right now doesnt make anyone a bad fan. It makes them realistic.

When the team plays bad, they will be called out for it. When they play well, they will be praised. UK fandom isnt an either or proposition. Frankly this notion is completely assinine. If you are OK with the way things are right now, you need your head checked. It doesnt mean if they get things figured out they wont deserve praise.

They played OK yesterday, better than Utah and Georgia Tech. There's a difference between getting beat in a 40 minute boxing match, v getting beat because of poor coaching and half assed effort on the floor. Im not going to "rah-rah" the latter and thats what we've seen several games this year
Spot on about the Reds. Been painful since 1990. Constant rebuild.

Reactions: CB3UK
This is quite the interesting old thread. Look how so many of us shape shifted since 2019. We're all over the damned place.
There is a lot still to play out but O can’t help but feel like Cal has totally lost it now. If Sharpe bolts I just can’t do it anymore. We lose the best of the best and replace them with the next best which Cal doesn’t do well with. After we went downhill so fast it shows how much Cal doesn’t gameplan anymore IMO.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
I want to add a disclaimer here... I was a legit full-blown alcoholic at the birth of this thread. I take both full and no responsibility for my comments.

I'm now 2 years, 7 months, and 3 days sober. The positive impact of that decision can not be measured in words.
The way our seasons have been going lately, I suspect many to fall off the wagon, and rightly so. Its hard to watch this over and over without something to help get through and over it.
I found gummies .
Seriously; a close friend told me I needed to try one and I did while watching UK play. Been doing it since. Great watching the game without yelling, throwing shit, trying to call a timeout for Coach, telling Coach when it's time to make a substitution.
Then when things go south, I just go about my merry way.

I want to add a disclaimer here... I was a legit full-blown alcoholic at the birth of this thread. I take both full and no responsibility for my comments.

I'm now 2 years, 7 months, and 3 days sober. The positive impact of that decision can not be measured in words.
Hell of an intelligent kid. And switched one bottle for another.

I want everyone of our supposed fans who run it about Cal sucking to sign their name right here. That way when we go to our next final four I don’t wanna hear you all celebrating like you been here all along.
I think what you want is the people who believe that Cal lost it after 2017 and won't have ANY post-season success the rest of his tenure. Those people also believe we will have bad regular season records moving forward. I am firmly in that camp.

BTW, I was firmly in that camp at the end of Tubby's tenure as well. It is sad to see the game pass a coach up, but that is what we are witnessing. I hate it, but it is true.

Anastasia Beaverhausen.

Anastasia as in Russian royalty

Beaverhausen as in... Where the beaver live.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT