ADVERTISEMENT

Possible backup for Andrew Carr

Why not ? If he can develop in a good player, and doesn’t cost any nil money …. Plus he can make it up for Kanter..

There’s a few kids I wouldn’t care a bit to have here, but Honestly, I don’t want anyone else we think of as a backup for anyone on the roster. I want players who will have that huge upside and increase our chances. Now this kid and tons more could be good, I just would rather have some great ones. This is Kentucky and we need to get back to where we should be. Just my thoughts about it if corse. No more worrying about feeling or none of that high school shiiiit. That goes for all 13 spot on the team.
Cause bringing in 9 starters is a great way to build a roster smh

My knowledgable UCLA friend here in Vegas said Berke was playing with nagging ankle and wrist injuries most of the season and didn't fit Cronin's slow and deliberate style. He was one of the MVPs in the 2023 FIBA U19 Basketball World Cup. And he is on one of the mock draft boards for '25 so the scouts still see his potential.

This dude has a nice stroke(pause) …don’t know why he chose to play in that style of offense that Cronin runs but seems to be a better fit for what pope runs.

He sort of reminds me of a left-handed version of Scott Padgett. Padgett wasn't all that impressive either when he got here, but developed into a really good basketball player by his junior/senior years.

I would rather go after proven studs over developmental pieces and just find a way to make it work. You would think it would be possible to sell kids on playing 20 minutes a game and splitting minutes with someone else in an uptempo, fun style while winning a bunch of games and contending for a national championship. But then again, maybe that is too much to ask of kids these days.

If the only way we can keep Carr happy is by playing him at least 30 minutes a game, then I guess I can live with someone like this backing him up and hope he grows into the role later. But I would rather try to talk Carr into sharing the 4 spot with another stud and going balls to the wall for 40 minutes. Playing less minutes isn't going to harm your NBA potential so long as you produce with the 20 minutes you are given. Hell, look at UK's 1996 national championship team to see such an example. We had "back-ups" coming off the bench who were just as good as the starters. And just look how many draft picks were on that squad.

Cause bringing in 9 starters is a great way to build a roster smh
The 96 team did pretty well I think. The 2015 team had a decent season as well. I’m just talk from a fans perspective I guess but I do like having competition at every spot. The most talented team we can have the better in my opinion. Now I do love to have the good bench players who will get better and work for the future but I’d rather have guys where others can’t take a day off. Just my thoughts about it. Actually I stand 100% by my post. I do want to add that whoever we bring in will be a good get so it doesn’t matter. lol. I do understand what you mean though.

Looks like he has promise and I like the idea!

Have such a hard time watching P12 highlights though as inevitably the Oregon court makes an appearance. It truly is the biggest eyesore floor ever and is basically the Boise State football field of college basketball courts. That poor floor is so ugly even its own mother doesn’t love it. A distant second for the “worst” category is TCU’s floor.

Off topic I know, but I had to say something after throwing up in my mouth at the 0:13 mark.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
If Pope thinks he can be a contributor in a reserve role, be ready in the event of an injury or foul trouble then it is fine with me. At this point, I just want to see them add a volume scorer on the wing like Robinson, Richmond & Lanier, then fill out the roster with depth.

Reactions: Zissou87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT