ADVERTISEMENT

Pope's Transfer Portal

CatsFanIL

Freshman
May 29, 2019
Here's 2 targets to IMMEDIATELY pursue that can help you win right away, and guess what, they're both from the same school
Mason Gillis and Ethan Morton, both from Purdue

Mason Gillis: Big10 6th man of the year, shot 46% from 3, 21 mins per game, 4 rebs per game. Winning culture, 4 years of experience in the Big10, knows how to guard and rebound, shoots the ball well - definitely fits Pope's style. He's from New Castle, IN - so relatively local

Ethan Morton: 4-years experience at Purdue, 6'7 guard that only got 10 mins per game this year, but had 25 per game last season. Not a great scorer, but defends his ass off, rebounds the ball, experience in a winning culture, several intangibles, has ability to shoot it better than his 27% so far, but would be a good screener/passer/cutter in Pope's offense

Here's a guy I would love to get. Pope is aware of him from Big 12. The only question is can he shoot well enough to be a good fit, but he is a winner. Arizona has contacted him, but he isn't committed that I am aware of.

Last edited:
Hall scored 18 points in BYU's win at Kansas.

We need to start paying less attention to star rankings. I'm sure Pope will still get some high school studs, but he'll build the roster more consistently and balanced than Cal ever did.
I may be wrong but I feel like it was Hall that got absolutely abused at the end of BYU’s game against Duquesne. Their guard scored at will against him in the final minutes and put the game away.

Rylan Griffen from Bama could be another potential portal guy. He averaged 11 PPG, 3.5 RPG and shot 40% from 3.
This guy? He's definitely a deadeye shooter😁😁😁

iu

Hall scored 18 points in BYU's win at Kansas.

We need to start paying less attention to star rankings. I'm sure Pope will still get some high school studs, but he'll build the roster more consistently and balanced than Cal ever did.
I've said it before, Cal may have the prettier Roster but we will have the prettier TEAM.

At least that's my hope.

I've said it before, Cal may have the prettier Roster but we will have the prettier TEAM.

At least that's my hope.
I admit, I am excited about the possibilities of having a deep bench that gets developed, substitution patterns that actually make sense and playing time decided by effort and ability rather than draft projections. We haven't had that in a long time around here. I bet Pope will fill all 13 scholarships. And unlike Cal, he'll actually use the guys that are 8th, 9th and 10th off the bench. They will actually be able to develop and get better, instead of staying the same for 2-3 years and transferring in frustration, as was the case with anyone who ended up as the 7th or 8th man on Cal's rosters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT