ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Peach Jam over: 2024, 2025, 2026 targets recruiting followup

Mullins on Friday.
The Indiana staff was on hand at Carmel High School at the Charlie Hughes Invitational to see Mullins. Indiana assistant coach Yasir Rosemond was among numerous college coaches there.

Purdue head coach Matt Painter, Nevada head coach Steve Alford, Michigan head coach Dusty May and North Carolina assistant Sean May were among some of the notable names and schools in attendance.

Greenfield-Central went 0-2 on Friday, losing to Jefferson 71-60 in the first game of the day. Then, it was a 53-52 loss to Lawrence North in game two on a game-winning tip with six seconds left.

Mullins had 23 points in the first game and 22 in game two. He struggled with his shot a bit in the first game, making just two 3s. He came out firing in the second game, hitting four 3s in the first half, finishing with six for the game.

Mullins has a terrific release that is high and a quick flick. He struggled a bit creating space off of the dribble but was tremendous moving without the ball. He had some extremely deep 3s that were NBA range.

Mullins has improved as a playmaker and passer greatly.

Wait. Is Kayden Mingo, the 6-1 2025 PG who is one of the most efficient scorers in EYBL his brother or something? They go to the same school. That’s who I thought this was. This guy is top-15 in the 2026 class.
Yeah they are brothers. Dylan is taller than his older brother.

Malachi Moreno, the No. 16 overall player in the rising senior class out of Georgetown, KY, has cut his list down to eight schools. Those remaining in contention? Arkansas, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, Notre Dame and Ohio State, he tells KSR.

He cut programs such as Cincinnati, Xavier, Tennessee, Purdue, Missouri, LSU, Providence, USC, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Baylor, Clemson, Creighton, NC State and Virginia Tech from consideration, among other offers.

Reactions: nascarforthedead
That makes what now? 2,200 scholarship offers? Feels like he offers 5 new guys everyday
I was thinking the same thing. He is not going to let a handful of recruits hold him hostage. I think he will start reigning it in once he understands who is really interested.

I doubt it will be like this every year. Pope, like he did with the transfer portal, is having to catch up with the blue bloods. He will be able to form a relationship more with the '26 class. I think he will still offer considerably more players than Cal did.

I was thinking the same thing. He is not going to let a handful of recruits hold him hostage. I think he will start reigning it in once he understands who is really interested.

I doubt it will be like this every year. Pope, like he did with the transfer portal, is having to catch up with the blue bloods. He will be able to form a relationship more with the '26 class. I think he will still offer considerably more players than Cal did.

That and I would say most kids are on the wait and see what this program will be under pope. How well the team plays and how many from this squad get drafted will be huge. Too many unknowns for this program right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT