ADVERTISEMENT

Pope settling in and can start working his plan

Apr 29, 2024
We are coming up on the 60 day hire mark for Pope and I believe that he is just now able to start working on his "master plan" so to speak. His first 45 days were non-stop, balls to the wall, with hardly anytime to think. He has done a phenomenal job putting together a staff and a roster. If I am correct, he is enjoying a little time away with the family and will return with all players on campus. Now he can semi settle in and start working his plan. I don't pretend to know the details of his long term plans but I can guarantee that the atmosphere around this program has changed and will continue to change for the better. For the first time, in a long time, I am excited about basketball. Hope everyone has a great day!

We are coming up on the 60 day hire mark for Pope and I believe that he is just now able to start working on his "master plan" so to speak. His first 45 days were non-stop, balls to the wall, with hardly anytime to think. He has done a phenomenal job putting together a staff and a roster. If I am correct, he is enjoying a little time away with the family and will return with all players on campus. Now he can semi settle in and start working his plan. I don't pretend to know the details of his long term plans but I can guarantee that the atmosphere around this program has changed and will continue to change for the better. For the first time, in a long time, I am excited about basketball. Hope everyone has a great day!
I'm actually glad to hear he's taking a break. I was worried he was going to work himself to death before the season even started.

You too.

Well said. First time I’ve been truly excited in a long time as well. Last year’s team was exciting to watch…but the thought of them choking was always in the back of my mind.

A guy that played in the NBA BEFORE becoming a Rhodes scholar and then going to IVY league medical school is the type of guy that’s wired differently. Not sure people really grasp how difficult and impressive that is. That’s someone wired to constantly work, for better or worse.

A guy that played in the NBA BEFORE becoming a Rhodes scholar and then going to IVY league medical school is the type of guy that’s wired differently. Not sure people really grasp how difficult and impressive that is. That’s someone wired to constantly work, for better or worse.
If you truly love your job, it is never viewed as "work".

Mark Pope loves his "job" and can't wait to see what the next day brings.

What a breath of fresh air for UK and BBN.

Will Riley is visiting today, you might think he's taking a break but he is not wired that way. I give him a 5% chance of reeling him in on a reclass but I have a feeling we are going to never lose hope in the Pope.

Go Cats!!

There's no way he would let a player visit while not being in town for it.

If Riley reclasses to be UK's 13th man I will eat my hat.

Shake Hands Agree GIF

I think even when he was the coach at BYU, in his heart, he was coaching UK. When a dream becomes a reality it can be overwhelming but for Mark Pope it’s his dream coming true. UK is so lucky. He won’t fail.
I listened to another Pope interview today. He's such a great guy. I don't just want him to succeed for us, but for himself. If anyone deserves it. It's him.

What I like is that every player Pope has signed knows what their goal is, which means they were thoroughly versed on what it means to play here. All seemed very happy to be here and excited about the opportunity they have.

Reactions: Tf2217
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT