ADVERTISEMENT

Pope mic'd up. Longer practice video

But But we should have hired Oats, the guy that got beat by 30 in Rupp by a guy that can't coach just last year and the year before that he looked the other way on a horrible gun crime because advancing in the tournament was all that mattered.

Tune out the trash and enjoy the Pope era.

Reactions: Wonky
This was great to see.

I liked that he was teaching without yelling and screaming like a lunatic.

I liked that he was doing hands on work with the bigs. Being a key reserve/occasional starting center on the greatest college basketball team ever assembled lends credibility to his teaching.

I liked hearing”If we have a catch and shoot 3, we’re shooting it” as well as the emphasis on blocking out.

The last 4-5 years I have not enjoyed watching UK play and it was all because of the coaching . I am 79 years old & really excited about this coming season. Pope is going to be a great coach at UK . Just hope I live long enough to see UK win some more championships. Great video !

If a similar Cal practice was put on here with what we just saw, what would be the differences in the way practices are done? Is that similar to the way we have been practicing? I know with a whole new system there are going to be some differences.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If a similar Cal practice was put on here with what we just saw, what would be the differences in the way practices are done? Is that similar to the way we have been practicing? I know with a whole new system there are going to be some differences.
Hard to tell from a short video made accessible to the public. More 3s for sure though.

Im so pumped up for us to start. Carr looks to be nearly 7 foot if Pope is 6-10.
Carr is legit 6 10 to 6 11. Pope with age is probably around 6 9 to 6 10 if he is standing straight up. He is like a ton of us with Gravity trying to pull us underground for 50 plus years, we lean towards the earth more and more. Gravity always wins out and we end up in the dirt. lol

You go back an notice the little positive inflections and such. When Amari Williams put the shoulder into Pope, you hear Oh yea and positive from there. You see the positive on Garrison, the positive on Butler, Kerr and so forth. I am sure when needed he is getting into guys but right now they are throwing new verbiage along with getting 12 guys on task for Pope's system of practice and what is expected. Hopefully Jaxson is coaching them the other hours of the week that coaches cannot. Pick up games and such. Pope has so many men on this team. Leaders are Butler and Carr with I think Oweh and maybe Garrison as well. Then you have guys that show by doing like Williams, Kerr, Almonor and such. Will be a fun group and hope they come together quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT