ADVERTISEMENT

Pope John Wall

Wall would be a great guy to add to the staff someday. He's fiercely loyal to the program, and he could be a bridge to Cal's guys.

I think it's going to be vital to make some type of overture to the Calipari player community. Cal's NBA guys are a huge selling point, and if you can get them support Pope it's only going to help in the long term, especially as Maxey, Booker, SGA, Murray, etc. continue to dominate.

Last edited:
Wall would be a great guy to add to the staff someday. He's fiercely loyal to the program, and he could be a bride to Cal's guys.

I think it's going to be vital to make some type of overture to the Calipari player community. Cal's NBA guys are a huge selling point, and if you can get them support Pope it's only going to help in the long term, especially as Maxey, Booker, SGA, Murray, etc. continue to dominate.
I'd honestly love that.

That was awkward
You think so?

It looked to me like Pope was the epitome of calm once he noticed Wall walk up to the other guy on Pope's direct left. Instead of making it about himself, Pope waited for Wall to approach him and acknowledge him, very calmly I might add.

That's actually a depiction of supreme confidence and interpersonal skill. Most people would have immediately gotten up to approach Wall, but Pope waited for Wall to come up first, probably as a sign of respect to the initial conversation Wall was wrapping up.

Pope seems like an incredibly intelligent man who understands propriety and human interactions.

You think so?

It looked to me like Pope was the epitome of calm once he noticed Wall walk up to the other guy on Pope's direct left. Instead of making it about himself, Pope waited for Wall to approach him and acknowledge him, very calmly I might add.

That's actually a depiction of supreme confidence and interpersonal skill. Most people would have immediately gotten up to approach Wall, but Pope waited for Wall to come up first, probably as a sign of respect to the initial conversation Wall was wrapping up.

Pope seems like an incredibly intelligent man who understands propriety and human interactions.
Yup. That interaction could be used as a tutorial on how one should conduct themselves as a confident man.

You think so?

You think so?

Look at Pope’s leg. That isn’t supreme confidence

Wall would be a great guy to add to the staff someday. He's fiercely loyal to the program, and he could be a bridge to Cal's guys.

I don't think that's a big deal at all. If they want to be associated with the college they attended briefly, then they will be. I don't think UK needs to fall all over itself to make an "overture" to them whatever that is.

Doesn't really surprise me. I think Wall has said he was always interested in coming to UK but with Gillispie as coach he wrote us off.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I don't think that's a big deal at all. If they want to be associated with the college they attended briefly, then they will be. I don't think UK needs to fall all over itself to make an "overture" to them whatever that is.
If we're going to continue to land elite high school players, even one or two each year, using our 10 current NBA All-Stars can't hurt. You can continue to downplay that all you want to, but utilizing every resource we have is wise.

Pope will see this and use it.

Always fond memories and good feelings for Wall. He marked the beginning of the return of UK basketball. Does seem like a loyal Wildcat and would love to see him in some connection to the program. Anyone know what his status is to 8completing degree work?

Reactions: EliteBlue
If we're going to continue to land elite high school players, even one or two each year, using our 10 current NBA All-Stars can't hurt. You can continue to downplay that all you want to, but utilizing every resource we have is wise.

Pope will see this and use it.
There are more beneficial things to do with his time than that.

Reactions: NociHTTP
You are also probably not 18 years old. These kids watch the NBA all the time. If SGA is looking like he loved his time at Kentucky then it can't hurt..

You are also probably not 18 years old. These kids watch the NBA all the time. If SGA is looking like he loved his time at Kentucky then it can't hurt..
I agree it can't hurt, but there's no need to spend time and effort on it. It means less and less these days. Those recruits care about $$$.

I think he had to get some blood moving down there. His yoga Capri pants cutting off all the circulation below the calves.
Well it seems like you might have thought your capri pants was a turtleneck and has cut the circulation off to your brain. Trying to make something out of nothing. lol

That was awkward
What are we supposed to TrustinCal for? First round SEC tournament games? First round NCAA tournament games??

Seinfeld Laughter GIF - Seinfeld Laughter Kramer GIFs

Last edited:

That would be a great idea, hope he’s interested in coaching sometime soon.

Did Wall actually graduate? Can’t be on staff if he didn’t graduate yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT