ADVERTISEMENT

Poll; Does UK Need a Coaching Change

Please See Thread Title

• Sure does.

• Nah.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You’ve already admitted you could be wrong, I confirmed that. Pretty much settled it.
Well then . . . you should have no problem supporting yourself by pointing to my "apparent" opinion.

HappyFlamboyantIndochinahogdeer-small.gif

Mb kept jp until fans boycotted and forced him to find a new coach. If that is how things work, we still have stoops several more years. I'm not for getting rid of gran. When you see what he did at cincy you have to hope that stoops simply leaves him one and allows him to coach

Uh . . . . yeah. Please try to pay more attention; I just asked a question. I didn't share an opinion so . . . not sure why you all are so cranky? It's a poll. The results don't affect anything anywhere - one way or the other. That's why the poll gives you a choice. Did you cast a vote or just decide to start blindly attacking before reading it?

Merciful heavens.

1*mqgV7ItA0gjjX_YVvxPsow.gif

“Uh, I don’t even know what ‘troll’ means!!”

Mb kept jp until fans boycotted and forced him to find a new coach. If that is how things work, we still have stoops several more years. I'm not for getting rid of gran. When you see what he did at cincy you have to hope that stoops simply leaves him one and allows him to coach

The band at UL sucks.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Random UK Fan, you can't be serious. You look smarter then that, so you must be $hiting me. Let's let the season play out before we start that $hit.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Lol, you’re right, we need to get back to winning national championships and SEC titles like we did before Stoops.

I think if maybe we play our cards just right we maybe, just maybe can find a coach that can bring in 30-40th ranked recruiting classes and 6 or 7 win seasons.

It’s sad how some of your all’s perceptions of UK football are so low because we’ve had a bunch of inadequate, unqualified, basketball-loving AD’s and people in the administration that wouldn’t invest in football over the decades. It’s not like it’s some kind of impossible proposition to find a mediocre coach or invest in facilities like we just recently took the interest in doing. Just because this is the first time we’re doing it in decades doesn’t mean we can’t do better. We’re just used to these terrible AD’s that don’t invest and don’t know what they’re doing.

We’re just now doing the bare minimum of what we should’ve been doing for decades and now we think Stoops walks on water and is irreplaceable because we’ve had an inept administration that hires inept coaches for decades. Kentucky has a hell of a lot more to offer than a lot of you realize. There are good young coaches that would love to have this job. I’ll go out on a limb and say they could get us a seven win season and 40th ranked recruiting classes within 6 seasons. Just a guess.

I don’t think we’re even close to the point of asking if he should be gone. He needs to maybe seek some advice from his older brother, Urban, Saban, Dabo on what he can do to improve the offense, and what areas he needs to grow in as a HC. As frustrated and mad as we get with him, there’s nobody that’s out there that could do better. That we could realistically get. And nobody in my 30+ years of following UK FB, that has done the job he’s done with this program. We have a solid base built now. Recruiting is better than its ever been. Depth is better, and talent level is improving every year. The only place we haven’t been successful in recruiting is QB. Drew was supposed to be the answer, but either injuries derailed him, or he just wasn’t that good. TW is serviceable at best. Does some things well, but not the best passer (although he did show improvement in the limited play this year). So, yeah, Stoops frustrates us with some of the things he does, but this isn’t exactly a football school with a football culture he’s coaching at. Just hope and pray he learns from mistakes and continues to grow as a coach.
This x1000. Agree with every word.

We need a new OC and someone tell stoops to let them coach and stay out of it
Right! Who the hell doers Stoops think he is? He acts like he is the head coach. I have a boss and tomorrow I am going to tell them to stay the hell out of the part I work in. Wonder how that will go? lol

Reactions: merrimanm
The last two games we have been the least urgent and least aggressive team. That is troublesome because of our talent level, experience and depth on both lines. If we get beat because we didn't play good enough is one thing but to not want it more than the other team is something I can't take. All we ask is to lay it on the line every play the whole game and seeing other teams more confident and enthusiastic should not be.

The last two games we have been the least urgent and least aggressive team. That is troublesome because of our talent level, experience and depth on both lines. If we get beat because we didn't play good enough is one thing but to not want it more than the other team is something I can't take. All we ask is to lay it on the line every play the whole game and seeing other teams more confident and enthusiastic should not be.

Yeah. I mean besides last year though Stoops’ teams have looked pretty much like this years team. We should just come to expect it.

To steal a few lines from Mark Chestnut, “ gonna get a life, what I’m gonna do, and starting now, you can find one too. Gonna get a life, what I should have done, a long time ago, before ( Stoops- Barnhart-Wilson-whom ever) wrecked this one “. Gonna get a life, before the gettins done. It’s life, get you some.

The simple golf analogy is when your tee shot is lousy and you have to make a choice between trying the ultra-risky hero shot between a forest of trees or you just take your medicine and put it sideways back in the fairway on your way to a bogey or perhaps a par.

It would be dumb and dumber to give up on Stoops now or after this year, but at some point you have to smooth out the turbulence and get this program established on firm ground. We went backwards a long way these last two games (it actually began by missing a field goal that most high school kids would make).

Having said all that, I would actually feel refreshed and happy if we did go a different direction. I do know that this is not Alabama or Ohio State--it legitimately might take (possibly forever!) 10-15 years of winning with the same core staff before this program works its way out of its horrible and inglorious past.

The more I think about it the more I realize that Stoops struck gold with a group of upperclassmen last year that were determined enough to overcome his coaching blunders and will themselves to 10 wins (should’ve been more) despite his conservative, inept, coaching style.

If you take out the outlier last year, every other year has looked eerily similar to this year—sloppy, uninspired, inconsistent, frustrating, and filled with head scratching coaching decisions and almost unheard-of blunders. A handful of times where receivers are completely uncovered, terrible clock management that never seems to improve, terrible personnel decisions, multiple blown leads in critical games because of being too conservative, players getting dumb, game changing penalties. Players launching a ball into the stands against rival Louisville that ends up costing you the game. Etc, etc etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: crpoore
Look, Stoops is getting talented players to come here. However, he has to improve as a coach, or hire some dynamic assistants.

Whether Gran is being handcuffed by Stoops or not, the offense HAS to improve greatly, or we're headed back to regular 4-8 and 5-7 years, with maybe a 6-6 or 7-5 year occasionally.

Last season was great, but let's not kid ourselves. We had perhaps a once in a lifetime defense that masked another very ordinary Gran/Stoops offense.

The more I think about it the more I realize that Stoops struck gold with a group of upperclassmen last year that were determined enough to overcome his coaching blunders and will themselves to 10 wins (should’ve been more) despite his conservative, inept, coaching style.

If you take out the outlier last year, every other year has looked eerily similar to this year—sloppy, uninspired, inconsistent, frustrating, and filled with head scratching coaching decisions and almost unheard-of blunders. A handful of times where receivers are completely uncovered, terrible clock management that never seems to improve, terrible personnel decisions, multiple blown leads in critical games because of being too conservative, players getting dumb, game changing penalties. Players launching a ball into the stands against rival Louisville that ends up costing you the game. Etc, etc etc.
This is a great post.

“Coach Stoops is the greatest thing to ever happen to Kentucky football. If you even whisper about getting rid of him you’re clinically insane.”

- Reese Phillips

I think the kid we hardly knew us a valid point.

When you're building a program that historically has been very inconsistent you're going to have some setbacks before you get over the mountain top. I think Stoops will do the job for us he's brought us from a lethargic team under Joker Phillips to a point where we expect to win. You all do what you want, but I'm staying the course

When you're building a program that historically has been very inconsistent you're going to have some setbacks before you get over the mountain top. I think Stoops will do the job for us he's brought us from a lethargic team under Joker Phillips to a point where we expect to win. You all do what you want, but I'm staying the course
He's not just bringing us from a lethargic team under Joker. He is bringing us from 60+ years of not building a program. He has built one from the bottom up. Hal Mumme tricked us into some wins, Brooks scheduled us into wins, but Stoops has built us into wins. We can compete 2 deep with SEC teams and we haven't done that in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT