Does Diallo Leave Or Stay?

• He's gone.

• He returns.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DerekMcPwn

Senior
Sep 13, 2016
Louisville, KY
We have vocal minorities on both sides, so I want to see what the community's general impression is. No witty third or fourth options, just yes or no. What's it gonna be?

The only reason I think he stays is his friendship with Quade ,and bamba when he commits ,I think he wants to play with his buddies and that friendship will also be a major factor in bamba coming to UK ,just my thoughts!

Nba scouts will push him to stay in draft. They want the diamond in the rough or in this case "potential over what is available". I think he stays and gets drafted before Bam.

I'm doing what I always do: I'm assuming he's gone. If he comes back, sweet. If not, next man up.

Reactions: Poetax
I'm not losing sleep over it either way. I support my Cats as a team, but as far as individual players go, I try not to become too invested in each one. I will always bleed blue, support them, defend them and love them as a team. But something happened to me after the Wisconsin game. As we all know, Willie Cauley-Stein didn't show up for that game and he even admitted it afterwards. He said he knew during the game he wasn't playing his best and acted like he didn't care. One of our biggest games!!! After investing so much emotiohional energy in the individual players it sort of took thw wind out of me. Him and his attitude was a turning point for me. Like I said I will always love and support my Cats, but going nuts over decisions made by these kids takes too much time and energy. I wish them all well no matter what their decision. Thanks for listening.

8e6ddf62-1081-478d-9712-45f18867f5bb_1.fa78e8c3053807909d24c8e7c9a341e3.jpeg

Low first rounder/high second rounder this year and make $ or return to UK....be a lottery pick next year and make $$$$ instead.

1 year in college would pay huge dividends.

Nba scouts will push him to stay in draft. They want the diamond in the rough or in this case "potential over what is available". I think he stays and gets drafted before Bam.

Unless he lights it up in the combine, I don't think that will be the case. Since the one and done rule has been adopted, franchises are more likely to stay away from the unknown. That's one of the reasons the rule was created so it wasn't as much of a guessing game. This draft is stocked pretty well.

Only chance I see of a first round Diallo pick is some really good franchise taking a flier on him late in the first round. Like the 28th, 29th pick. Maybe a team with older guards and they can groom him on the bench and he doesn't cost a lot if he doesn't work out. That is, unless he looks good in the combine, then all bets are off. I just think he wants to play in the NBA and found a loophole to do it and used UK to pull it off. So I think he's gone but we'll see.

There is no reason for the guy to stay. If he grades well in the 5 on 5 games he will go 13-21 in the draft. Another great NBA Draft for the good guys. Greatest night in UK history....NBA Draft. In Cal We Trust..

Reactions: Titles1
There is no reason for the guy to stay. If he grades well in the 5 on 5 games he will go 13-21 in the draft. Another great NBA Draft for the good guys. Greatest night in UK history....NBA Draft. In Cal We Trust..
Wrong wrong wrong wrong. If he grades well he will be a top 30 guy. If he doesn't he will be a top 50 guy. He has no chance at top 15 this season or close to it . He would have to really show out for him to be a first rounder and he hasn't played in a real game type atmosphere in a long while.

I think Diallo stays, and then Green and him get in Bamba's ear and convince him to come to UK.

Last edited:
If he grades well in 5 on 5 He should go. What if he comes back to UK and has a bad showing next season. If he is offered late first early second round he best jump all over it. The smart money. Take it.

I think Diallo returns and Bamba commits to UK. Then the anti-Cal people have to search for another excuse not to like him.

I just don't buy the notion that he's testing the draft to learn what he needs to work on. He's had high level coaches, and Kentucky coaches for a while now.. there isn't anything the NBA can tell him that those guys can't. My gut tells me he's gone.

I just don't buy the notion that he's testing the draft to learn what he needs to work on. He's had high level coaches, and Kentucky coaches for a while now.. there isn't anything the NBA can tell him that those guys can't. My gut tells me he's gone.
All expenses paid 5 day trip to Chicago to compete against great players and see how you rate. Yeah, no good reason to do that.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
He has not signed with an agent if he were for sure leaving he would already gotten an agent. In my opinion until he gets an agent he's coming back.

If Diallo were seriously considering staying in the draft, don't you think Calipari would be starting to recruit other guards by this point? Baker is a nice prospect, but is far from an impact player. Cam Johnson is a 6'9" SF.

Do you really think he'd risk having to go through a season with only Green and SGA as guards if Diallo were leaving? Of course not.

All in my completely worthless opinion as always.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT